Thirteen

κακό mageía (Misused of Magic)

 

►Listen to Punch,Chanyeol. Stay with me to get the vibe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcKR0LPwoYs


 


 

When I told everything that has happened to me for the past few weeks to Kihyun, I felt like lifting all the loads on my shoulder. But it was temporary since I cast a spell on him to make him forget. Although my memories are back, I still couldn't remember how I got home last night.

When I said I got all my memories back that include Wonwoo harassing me the night before.

 

I couldn't tell Kihyun that my own boyfriend harassed me since I've known him long enough to know that he'll call every member of Monsta X to beat the hell up of Wonwoo's .

 

I didn't want any of my best friends to have a criminal record before they turn twenty so I kept quiet about it and so did Wonwoo but at the next day, I met him at school.

 

He asked me to meet him a couple of times by text but I've ignored my phone buzzing all day in class but at the end of today's period, I was about to leave the classroom when suddenly I was forcefully dragged away towards a corridor in a secluded area.

 

I tried to escape from his grasp but it was futile as he kept his grip on my wrist stronger every time I tried to fight against him.

 

So here I am standing face to face with him. He took a step forward and without me realizing, I took a step backward and he was upset by it as I could clearly see the look on his face.

 

He lifted his hands in the air and I flinched back. He was upset again to see how afraid and fragile I am towards him.

He pleaded to me with his eyes and said, "Nayeon, please. I'm not going to hurt you. I made a mistake, I was too drunk that night. I'm sorry, I really am. Please believe me, Nayeon. I don't want to lose you."

 

 

 

I scoffed loudly at him and gaining enough confidence I said, "You don't want to lose me? Well, you just did. We're over, Wonwoo." I was about to walk away when he grabbed me by the hand and prevent me from walking away.

 

 

He pleaded again, "N-no. I won't let you go. You are the only one that understands me, Nayeon. Remember all the times we spent together? You were my light when I was in the dark, babe." He tried to hug me but I pushed him away.

 

I frowned at him, "Are you joking with me right now? Stop all the bull, Wonwoo. I knew all your bad intentions towards me since the first time I met you."

 

I saw his demon on his shoulder bigger than his angel since the first time we dated but I've been ignoring it until now.

 

I spoke up again, "You tried drugging me, right?" I could see the look of shock on his face as I said my last words.

 

Wonwoo he took a step closer and tried to caress my hair but I slapped his hand away, "Don't touch me." I warned him.

 

 

He looked upset at first but then he looked mad, "Nayeon baby, it's me. You're mine and I would never let you go." When he said that, I felt my body shivered with fright.

In movies, when the main character said those lines, it was romantic but now, it was just sick. I was scared as he walked closer to me until I could feel his breath against my skin.

 

He pinned me against the wall and when I screamed for help he smirked and said, "No one can hear you, babe."

 

"P-please...don't," I cried as I felt his body getting closer to mine.

I shut my eyes tightly and just when his lips was about to touch to mine, I felt his body being pulled away from mine. I opened my eyes and saw him lying helplessly on the floor with someone on top of him, punching like he was a punching bag.

 

Everything was like a dejavu.

Wonwoo being punched like that after trying to harass me and...

Jiwon helping me that night.

 

I felt a sudden headache and fell on the floor. Everything was vivid, my mind was spinning and I finally out.

 

 

 

 

I woke up with the sound of people whispering and kept my eyes shut to listen to their conversation.

 

I heard a voice saying, "How did this happen again? I thought you will protect her!" That voice sounds so familiar and then it hit me, that voice was Jaehyun's.

 

I heard another person sigh and whispered, "I was waiting for her at the school gate, alright? I didn't know that son of a will snatch her away like that." He sighed again and I know that voice belongs to Jiwon.

 

"What are we going to do now? How are we going to explain all of this to her?" I heard a deep voice whispering and quickly I know whom that voice belongs to, it was Taeyong's.

 

Taeyong spoke up again, "Why are the Leaders doing this to her? She did not deserve any of this! If only she wasn't the Guardian..."

 

 "Taeyong, keep your voice low, you don't want to wake her up to this right?"

 

Well too late for that, I thought.

 

 

The room went dead silent. Oh , I forgot that they could hear my thoughts. I fluttered my eyes open slowly and sat up straight on the bed.

I remembered this room, it was the room where I stayed after Jiwon had saved me.

The same dark blue bed, the same marble floor and the same white wall.

 

 

I lunged forward and hugged Taeyong and Jaehyun at the same time. The two of them were startled by my action but quickly hugged me back with their long muscular arms.

I sobbed against their shirts and muffled, "Where did you two go? Why didn't you call me? Why did you left me alone!?" I pulled away from our hug to throw a few punches at both of them.

They stood there and let me hit them with their head hang low.

 

"I'm sorry." Taeyong said.

 

Jaehyun sobbed, "I'm sorry too."

 

Taeyong grabbed my hands and stopped me from hitting them as my fragile hands against their build up abdomens were hurting me instead of them.

 

He cleared his throat, "We'll never leave you again, Nayeon. We never really did." Taeyong he grabbed my chin softly so that I was looking at him with my teary bloodshot eyes.

 

Jaehyun he ruffled my hair and said, "We've always been beside you, Nayeon. Even when the ert men at the nightclub tried to hit on you, we beat them into pulp." He shoot me with his infamous charming smile.

 

"W-what?" I manage to croak out.

 

Just when I was about to forget Jiwon's presence in the room, he cleared his throat, "We need to explain some things to you and it would help if you sit down while we explain."

 

I nodded and sat on the chair beside me.

 

The three of them stood in front of me, forming a little circle. Jiwon looked at me as he spoke, "First of all, my name is Bobby and not Jiwon." He scratched the back of his neck.

 

I frowned at him, "W-what?"

 

Jiwon his lips and continued, "My real name is Bobby and these two with me are Protectors."

 

I cut him off, "What?"

 

Jiwoon sighed loudly as he tried to speak again, "You are our Guardian. Your grandmother was too but she passed away a few years ago. We need to find another one to replace her-,"

 

"I don't have any grandmother. I never met any of them. You must got a wrong person because-,"

 

Jiwon let out a huff, "Can you please hear me out?" He asked and I shrugged and nodded for him to continue, "Your grandmother never want you to be involve with any magic so she hid away just after you were born into this world. You can't escape from being a Guardian. You are the Slavic folklore’s guardian.”

 

My jaw dropped a little, “I’m the what?”

 

Taeyong his lips before saying, “Slavic folklore is a place where magic exists and for people like us. A Guardian is supposed to carry out their duty when they reach nineteen years old and we as Protectors are supposed to well, protect you until you gain enough power to become a Guardian.”

 

I frowned at him, “Look, you got the wrong girl for this. I don’t have any powers whatsoever.”

Jiwon he took a deep breath and said, “Not yet. You need some training to discover your powers.” He paused before saying, “Remember when we visit the old bookstore?”

 

I look at him, “Yeah?’

 

He looked at me straight in the eye and asked, “Remember that old cranky lady at the bookstore?” he looked hesitant before saying, “That was your grandmother’s nekrí psychí. In other words, it was her soul.”

 

I frowned deeply at him but I manage to calm down before I hyperventilate, “Okay, so what now?”

 

The three of them look at each other before Taeyong nodded and Jiwon took it as a ciu. Jiwon he cleared his throat before saying, “Until your birthday which is in July, about 5 months from now, we need to prepare. I mean, you need to prepare.”

 

My forehead creased in curiosity as I asked, “Prepare for what?”

 

Jaehyun who had been quiet spoke up, “Prepare for the battle with mágissa, which is the evil witches.” He gave me a sympathetic look and look away.

 

 

Just when I was about to ask another question, I was blinded with rainbow sparks coming out of nowhere. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by an ethereal view.

It’s body was covered with pure white fur which look like silk as it reflected the lights in the room. It’s wings was wide open with pride with gold saddles attached to his back.

 

My mouth gaped open as I stuttered, “What is that?”

 

Jiwon chuckled and stood beside me, “It’s a Pegasus. Our only transport to Slavic folklore.”

 

Taeyong chirped, “Let’s go. The Leaders are waiting for us.”

 

With hands on my hips I questioned them, “What makes you think I’m going to follow you to that magic world?”

 

Jiwon turned his head towards me with a sly smirk on his face, “You want to make the little demon and angel on human’s shoulder disappear right?”

 

“H-how did you know that?” I frowned.

 

Jiwon replied cooly, “Like I said, we’ve been watching you for years.”

 

Stalker much? I thought to myself but Jiwon frowned at me, “Hey, I’m not a stalker!”

 

“Yeah right,” I rolled my eyes at him, “By the way, why can’t I see your demon and angel?”

 

Jiwon he looks surprised at first but masked it with a poker face, “It’s because I’m a human but borned in Slavic folklore. They wanted to kill me when they knew but I offered to become a Protector with my skills so they let me live.”

 

I wanted to ask who were They but Taeyong cuts me off, “Guys, we need to hurry.”

 

I nodded to Jiwon as he took my hands in his and helped me to climb up the beautiful winged horse, Pegasus.

“Close your eyes.” Jiwoon whispered to me and I did as I was told.

 

“Páo Pegasus!” Jiwon shouted and with that, I felt as if we’re on a rocket. The horse fled at high velocity as I hugged Jiwon’s back as a reflex action. 

 

I shut my eyes tightly and hoped that this was all a dream. A weird, weird dream.