One.

κακό mageía (Misused of Magic)

 



 

I snuggled closer to him. Inhaling slowly the morning air, his scent filled my nose. "Nayeon, wake up now." He whispered into my ears. His breath tickles my neck as I snuggled closer to him until his heartbeat was clear in my ears. Without opening my eyes, I replied softly to him, "Nah, another 5 minutes please"  

 

He chuckled softly and I could feel his chest vibrates as he hugs me tighter, "Nayeon, you need to wake up now. It's time for school. You're going to be late," he said as he softly played with the locks of my long black hair. Wait... that was weird.... my hair was absolutely not black and I didn't have a long hair. He tried to wake me up again so I fluttered my eyes open and all I saw was an angel. It was Wonwoo. He was giving me his infamous angelic smile of his and it felt like I was in heaven as the morning sun shined right behind him. I was getting confused as his angelic smile began to fade away and was instead washed by wind. I threw my hands into the air possibly flapping like an idiot along the way, trying to catch his body but he was completely gone and was instead replaced by an angry looking woman. 

 

She crossed her arms on her chest and was shouting at me to wake up. "It's the last day of school! Wake up now or you're going to be late!"

 

.

 

It was just a damn dream.

 

And I was late for school.

 

Frustrated, I threw a pillow at my mother. She was momentarily surprised at first but as fast as lightning, she ran to me and smacked my head.
"DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH YOUNG LADY? Wake up now or you'll be late!"
After giving me another smack on the head, she walked out of my bedroom, leaving a crushed Nayeon on the bed. Dammit, how can it be just another dream...again.

 

 I got off the bed hastily and almost tripped on the stack of books beside my bed. Cursing silently, I went straight to the bathroom and took a fast hot shower before putting on my half ironed school uniform. Looking at the mirror, I sighed heavily. All I see is just an ordinary girl. Nope. I am even worse than ordinary. Pimples covered my face and I have two packs of abs. Oops, my bad, not abs but fats. I weight around 80 kilograms and my height was average- 170cm. If you say I'm not that fat, I'm not going to lie, I would probably choke the heck out of you. Yeah, I can be violent sometimes, boo hoo.

 

 I've tried my best to get a clearer skin. Nature Republic, Nivea, Laneige, Body Shop? You name it, I've tried it but to my avail, it was a futile effort to get rid of these intruders- I call them acnes. 

 

 My body? Huh. I'm too lazy to exercise  plus, I've even once starved myself but it just made my love for food deeper and stronger than before. Not giving a damn about my appearance anymore, I combed my hair and clipped the bangs to the right side. 

 

I went downstairs to find my precious mother (who had just beat the crap out of me) greeting me with her motherly smile. The smell of bacon and cheese was too amazing my eyes watered a little. Oh yeah, my ultimate problem is not lazy but my mother's habit of keeping on feeding her 18 year old daughter every hour-wait, no, every MINUTE.

 

I went closer to her and sighed heavily, "Seriously mum?", I took a bit of bacon that was placed beside her, "Bacon for breakfast? Are you trying to make your daughter look like a cow?"

 

Just like I've expected, she smacked me on the head, "What the heavens are you talking about? Okay fine, don't eat then, starve." She quickly took the plate of bacon away from me. 

 

My face showed my emotion, I was on the verge of crying, "Mum-", my voice broke, "N-not my food......" A tear began to fall from my eye. 

 

My mum was appalled when she saw me crying. She placed the plate infront of me as fast as possible."I didn't mean to, Nayeon. Okay, I'm gonna cook more for you. Wait-," 

 

'Ha! Ha! Ha!", I laughed loudly as I snatch the plate away from her so she would not take my precious baby again, "I would've won an Oscar right mum? I'm such a talented actress~" I singsonged as I finished the whole plate alone.

 

My mum stood 5 meters away from me, looking astounded. Wait, now she looks furious. She grabbed a spatula and ran towards me cursing loudly. I ran away from her knowing that I'd get a hell of a beat if I stayed stationary. Just about time she's going to hit me with the spatula, my father stood right in front of me swaying his hands towards my mum. 

 

"What is going on in here?" My father asked concern in his voice as he pulled me behind his back. 

 

"MUM IS TRYING TO KILL ME DAD!" I shouted as I pleaded him to control the 'monster'.

 

"Mrs. Im can you not do this in the morning?" He asked my mum nicely as he hugs her to chill her nerves and also to distract her from seeing me putting on my shoes hastily. 

 

I threw a flying kiss towards my dad before shouting, "Bye mum! Bye dad! Love ya!" I ran away as fast as I could towards the bus station. Before splinting away, I could see my dad winked playfully towards me while my mum shouted, "You brat! Wait until you get home!"

 

While waiting for the bus, I unlocked my phone but was shocked that there was 10 minutes before school started meaning that I've woke up earlier than I should. My mother woke me up saying I was late when obviously I was early. I stomped my foot furiously as I texted my mum why did she woke me up too early but she replied with, DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?!

 

I spotted the bus coming and sent a quick text saying, No madam. 

 

The bus stopped in front of me and I was shocked that today, the beasts didn't threw any egg on me or tripped me on the floor. More good news, there were no presence of them in the bus. I was so thankful that I almost bow to the driver. I walked up the aisle and spotted my usual sit that was filled with hurtful words like, fat    ugly     nerd    worthless  but I didn't mind any of them as I put on my earphones and listen to a peaceful song which is of course Green Day songs. By peaceful I mean peacefully, rocked.

 

 

There was about 5 minutes left until the bell ring and I've already prepared to walk into the ty class full of ty people. I hate this classroom so much I would sacrifice any food even my favourite to burn this class full of idiots. As soon as I step into the classroom, I was welcomed with a crumpled paper thrown at me. I picked up the paper and unwrapped it to find a word that I was so used to which was, fat .

 

I sighed slowly and gulped the lump on my throat. Why was I still feeling like this when this had always happened to me every single day of my highschool life? I quickly made my way towards my sit that was also trashed with harsh words that I've accepted since a long time ago.

 

The homeroom teacher walked in shushing the noise made by these idiots. He placed his books on the table and faced the students. Clearing his throat he kept a stern gaze towards the noise makers in the class, Hyorin and Nara. The two girls was still giggling with their very very annoying high pitched voice. The teacher had already lost his patience and bang on the table loudly, "Be quiet now or detention!" The class went dead silence after hearing the word detention. Oh you think detention is cleaning the class? Oh nope, you're wrong. In this school, detention means if you don't get straight As on the next exam, you'll be quickly dismissed by the school. As in, you are being kicked out of the school and that detention thing works because no one had made a big scene in front of the teachers. He cleared his throat again, "Since today is the last day of school," the class went roaring again, "Silence! So, my point is, don't waste your holidays for nothing. You need to be more productive since next year is your senior yer and you need to be qualified to go to a prestige university." He said sternly but a little concern in his voice. His lips tugged a little upwards and he continued, "Also, no homeworks for you! Annnnd, results!" He gave every each one of us a small paper containing our result of the finals.

 

"Like always, Im Nayeon is the first in class. She got all As again! A round of applause please?" The whole classroom clapped and I looked around awkwardly. Hyorin laughed loudly as she stood up and looked directly into my eyes, "Cut the crap please bitc-I mean nerd? Let other people get the first place!" She glared at me.

 

I wanted to reply, then stop being so damn stupid you blond girl although she was not blonde, but I restrain every nerves in my body to reply and just let the teacher handle it. Some of my classmates agreed, mostly the dumb ones but was further scolded by the teacher. I bit my cheeks to stop my tears from falling out and kept a 'resting face'.

 

The lesson continued like usual and I was glad no one said anything hurtful anymore. The bell rang and I was about to leave the ty room before the teacher called my name clear enough for me to hear. He looked at me awkwardly before scratching the back of hi head, "I know things had been tough for you," tough? It's ing more than just tough, "but I want to ask something from you. I swear this will make your resume for the college application more interesting."
I wanted to slap the teacher right across the cheeks but I composed my self back together before replying with my softest and nicest voice, "Yes?"

 

"There is this, um..." he look at me smiling awkwardly, "...a charity. I mean you have to volunteer to help the old folks but it's at Busan. You can bring anyone with you too. I need only one student for this campaign to fill in because the old folks home asked personally for my favs." 

 

Now I began to think that I should punch him right on the face but I thought for a while, my college applications? I needed the extra curriculum credit since I'm not that active in school. I breathed in slowly and fially said, "Okay."

 

He looks shocked at first but smiled gratefully to me, "Really? Thank you so much! There is this famous bookstore near the old folks home." He opened his wallets and pulled out a 200 dollar. "here, for your transportation and expenses! Thank you again, I'm in hurry so bye!" In a blink of an eye, he left me alone, surprised at the amount of money on my hand. Shrugging it off, I went to find Kihyun to tell him about this charity and also, to fill my stomach.

 

________________________________________________________________

 

OMG ! THE FIRST CHAPTER IS UP!!!!
STAY WITH ME GUYS