Twelve.

κακό mageía (Misused of Magic)

 

 


►Listen to Blackpink: STAY

 

He chased me as I ran as fast as I could from him. He was getting closer as I could hear his footsteps behind me. I made a quick turn to the left but met a dead end. I could barely see his face clearly but I could see his grim smile creeping it’s way on his face as he walks slowly towards me.

I felt my hands sweating from the adrenaline pumping through my vessels. I screamed my hearts out and I couldn’t hold it my tears anymore as I closed my eyes tightly to avoid looking at his face.

Suddenly, I felt his presence beside me and he whispered to my ears, “Shhh, darling.” I felt his touch against my skin and I couldn’t handle it anymore, my knees gave in and I dropped to the floor.

“Nayeon.”

I heard somebody called my name.

“Nayeon!”

I heard it again but this time, it was a shout. A clear one.

 

.

.

.

 

I fluttered my eyes open but my surrounding was blurry. I blinked my eyes a couple of times before I saw Jiwon’s concerned face and noticed his hands were cupping my face.

 

“Jiwon?” my voice was hoarse and I felt my cheeks covered in water.

Jiwon sighed but it was a relieved one as he caressed my hair, “You had a nightmare. Everything was a nightmare.”

I frowned at him and asked, “W-what are you doing in my room-,” I stopped talking as I realized, this was not my room. I stood up abruptly, “Where am I? What am I doing here?” I shot him with questions as I was slowly becoming sober again.

 

Jiwon he stood up too but didn’t walk up to me but instead held his hands into the air. He cleared his throat, “Relax, Nayeon. I didn’t do anything to you. Can you please sit down first?” He pleaded to me as he grabbed a chair and sat on the bed.

I cautiously walked towards the chair placed in front of him and sat down as he told to.

I was facing him and our knees touched slightly. I look dead into his eyes, “Would you care to explain it now?” I crossed my arms.

 

“I-,” he paused for a second before continuing, “I saw you lying on the streets when I was walking with Chanwoo. We wanted to take you to the hospital but Chanwoo didn’t want to get involved in this matter because he thought we’d be behind the bars again.”

“Again?”, I asked while frowning.

He was surprised when I caught him saying he had been behind the bars but quickly masked it with a stoic face. Jiwon took a deep breath before saying, “It was an accident and it was in the past.”

I nodded and asked him to continue.

 

“Alright, after that I took you to our place and here you are in front of me. I don’t know who drugged you but we’re going to find that out later. Right now, you must rest first,” he took a glance at his watch and said, “its 3am in the morning and your parents would be worried if you get back late.”

He pats the space beside him, asking me to lie down. I obeyed him as my head was still throbbing in pain and I could need some rest. Jiwon got up and said, “I’ll let you take a short nap and I’ll wake you up when it’s dawn.”

He was just about to leave when I said, “Wait.” Jiwon turned around and raised his eyebrow at me curiously.

 

“C-can you stay? Beside me.” I croaked out.

 

He smiled, “Of course.” Jiwon walked back towards me and sat down on the chair beside the bed.

 

“Thanks.” I smiled gratefully at him.

 

He looked back at me with a smile on his face, “It’s okay, I understand.”

 

There was an awkward silence between us and I decided to break the ice , “Actually, I wanted to ask you something,” I looked at him and he nodded, signalling me to go on, “I don’t know why but I can vaguely remember what happened last night. B-but Wonwoo he…he tried to me?” I questioned myself.

 

Jiwon’s face was masked with a poker face but I could see him fidgeting nervously. He patted my hand gracefully, “That’s impossible. Maybe it’s just your nightmare?  You should really get a rest right now. I’ll wake you up later, alright?” He smiled assuring me to lie down.

 I nodded in response and slowly, my tiredness gave in and I closed my eyelids.

 

 

 

“Forget the past, xechnáme to parelthón.”

 
“Forget the past, xechnáme to parelthón.”

 

“Forget the past, xechnáme to parelthón.”

 

I woke up to the sound of someone whispering and saw Jiwon's jawline infront of me. I faced a pink ceiling which was very familiar and looks like mine. He was carrying me in a bridal style and I was astounded when he whispered to my ears, “Nayeon, I don’t know if you could hear me but, I’ll protect you. I’ll never leave you like that again.” and then I out again.

 

 

 

I woke up with the sun shining ever so brightly through my glass window. I should’ve close the window last night.

Wait.

How did I get here?

I sat up straight from my lying position and started to think back about what happened last night but… I couldn’t.

 

My mind was blocked when my mother showed up at my door, “Nayeon! I’m in a hurry right now, the office just called and your father had already left for work. Both of us are going to miss dinner so order anything you want or go out with Kihyun if you want,” she walk towards me and peck my cheeks, “Bye, hun.”

 

I gave her a smile assuring her that I’ll be okay since I’m almost an adult now but she gave me a strange look and went off. I got up from bed and walked towards my bathroom to have a warm bath. A warm bath is in need when your mind is in a hell of a roller coaster ride.

 

After clearing my mind out, I slipped into my comfortable baggy shirt matching it with grey sweatpants and tied my hair in a messy bun. How am I supposed to spend my Saturday alone? A name popped up my mind and I began to text Kihyun to come over.

 

A couple of minutes pass and I received a text from him. Give me 5 mins. He replied without an emoji. Strange.

 

While waiting for the lazy bum to come, I popped up a pack of popcorn into the microwave and my TV. I heard the doorbell rang and went to open it only to find Kihyun panting for air.

 

I smirked, “Well, you’re early. What a surprise.”

He shushed me and went straight into my house and plopped down onto the couch. He looked at me with a serious face, “We need to talk.”

 

“Woah there, what’s up buddy? Something stuck in your pants?” I make a joke to release the tension in the air but to my avail, it was useless.

 

Kihyun look at me again, arm rested on his knees before saying, “I’m drop dead serious, Nayeon. Why did you suddenly want to talk to me after ignoring me for the past few weeks like I don’t exist? Like I’m nothing to you? We’ve been friends for so long and now you’re abandoning me for just mere popular kids in school? How could you, Nayeon?” He looked at me with eyes clouded with sadness and frustration.

 

I frowned deeply and replied, “Woah, what? Since when did I ignore you? I just texted you to come by my place to watch a whole marathon for Supernatural together! Why would I abandon you when you are my bestest of the bestest friend in the whole entire world, no, in the entire universe! So stop being dramatic and just spend your Saturday with me, aight?” I laughed as I hugged him.

 

At first, he didn’t hug me back but I smacked him on his head and so he returned my hug. We sat there laughing like two retards.

He pulled away from our long hug and said, “Really, Nayeon? You seemed like you don’t know what happened for the past few weeks.” He snorted disgustingly.

“It’s because I don’t. I don’t know why but I just couldn’t recall anything that happened and how I got home last night,” I shrugged that thought off and stood up to grab the popcorn, “Whatever,  as long as we’re gonna watch Supernatural together, I’m fine.”

 

I heard Kihyun murmured, “Yeah, I guess so.”

 

 

Kihyun suddenly laughed when Dean Winchester, the main character in Supernatural, cast a spell on his enemy and I turned my head to face him. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“Look at him casting spells and all of that . I mean, in real life is there something like this?” Kihyun continued to laugh as he snorts a little.

 

I froze in my seat, “Yeah, it’s not possible right?” Suddenly, everything that has ever happened in the past few weeks came rushing into my mind like a flowing river and I couldn’t help but frown deeply as I massage my head slowly.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Kihyun asked with concern obvious in his voice.

 

I stood up straight and took a deep breath, “Kihyun,” I look straight into his eyes, “I need to tell you something but promise to keep it as a secret. A big one.”

 

Kihyun furrowed his eyebrows at me but manage to say, “I promise. What is it?” He stood up straight just like I did. Both of us were now in a serious sitting position looking at each other in the eyes.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply before I finally huffed, “Magic do exist.” At the same time, in the background, I could hear Dean Winchester saying, “….but sometimes, nightmares do exist.”

 


 

LOL HOW WAS THE UPDATE? YEEEEEEEEEAYYYYYYYYY

I promised to update last night but my mum asked me to help her with some works and I was busy all day! /heavy sigh\

 

LOOOOOOOOLLLLL in the last update I said I hope I got straight As for my trial and I think someone cast a spell because I did get it! Yeay again!

I hope I get it again in my big examination, just like SAT which is SPM!!!

 

I'LL UPDATE TOMORROW I PROMISE. This is not an empty one. Seriously. 

 

THANKS FOR READING!!!!