Good Game

Proljeće na moje rame slijeće
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Let me guess, hate me?” Hoseok greeted him in the locker room. He was already dressed and bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet trying to warm up.

Yoongi rolled his eyes aggressively; he thought he might sprain something if he kept doing that. “As a matter of fact, yes I do.”

“That’s fine, but don’t let it show on the court.” Hoseok reprimanded.

Yoongi glared at him and took off his shirt to put on his jersey. “Please, I’m more professional than that. If I weren’t, you would have been kicked off the team a long time ago” He scoffed.

Hoseok scoffed back at him, “The only reason I’m still on the team is because coach won’t let you kick me off.” The boy stretched his hands over his head and Yoongi heard his back pop softly. “That and I’m too good, it would be your loss if I left.” He added cockily.

Yoongi puffed out his chest and stopped his cheeks from blushing, a skill he had acquired over the months of dealing with Hoseok. “No one is irreplaceable.” He muttered darkly, staring up at Hoseok. Situations like his made him hate his short stature.

“Exactly, not even you- so, I’d watch how I play if I were you.” Hoseok grinned and bopped Yoongi on the nose.

Yoongi flailed around like he was having a seizure and the sheer audacity the younger displayed. “How dare you!?” He hissed out but was pulled back by one of his teammates.

“Calm down, this isn’t time for a hissy fit- the game starts in five.” Said teammate reminded him and he nodded.

Huffing angrily, he walked over to the sink and splashed some water on his face to cool off. “Goddamn brat,” It was humiliating and Yoongi was slightly sick to his stomach. ‘Why him? Out of all the people on the goddamn Earth, him- why?’ Yoongi looked at his reflection and noticed how he was wearing his trademark scowl, which was nothing unusual. But the scowl was more prominent and more angry than annoyed. He needed to get his game-face on. He plastered a fake smile onto his lips and slapped his cheeks. It was game time.

Not surprisingly, they won. Yoongi was proud to say it was mostly due to him leading the team and his own skill that was superb. Not that he was floating his own boat (not at all).  They huddled back into the locker room sweaty and tired. Yoongi could feel the bone-deep ache and satisfaction set in. He received friendly pats and encouraging words and then one really friendly pat that landed lower than it should have. Of course the pat was followed by the voice of his nightmares (and the occasional wet dream but nobody needed to know that).

“Nice,” Hoseok said offhandedly, not specifying what he was referring to.

“Yeah, whatever, gg.” Yoongi brushed passed the other to get to his locker that was unfortunately near the younger’s.

“Wasn’t talking ‘bout the game, though,” Hoseok grinned at him, showing his pearly white teeth.

“At least your teeth are straighter than you are,” Yoongi squinted threateningly at the raven-haired teen.

Hoseok laughed throatily and Yoongi refused the butterflies that were trying to swarm him from the inside.

“Can’t believe you still hate me and I even laugh at your lame jokes.”

“My jokes are genius, thank you very much.” Yoongi pouted, momentarily forgoing his angry and cold appearance.

Hoseok cooed loudly and pinched his cheek, “Adorable.”

Yoongi batted his hand away viciously, cheeks aflame. “ off, I’m not adorable. I’m older than you, you should fear me.” He let out an empty threat.

“Sure, stop being so cute and maybe it’ll work. Probably not, though.” Hoseok laughed as he headed for the showers, taking off the last of his clothes as he went.

Yoongi tried hard not to think about the other teen, the one currently under the water. It was to no avail and he ended up rushing home sooner than he thought for painful and slightly obvious reasons. 

Please log in to read the full chapter