Kraj

Proljeće na moje rame slijeće
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So,” Jimin slid up to Yoongi on day 13. It was early morning and they were walking to school. Yoongi was barely awake, having stayed up late last night studying physics. With Hoseok, as in- Hoseok slept over and was currently walking with them. Yoongi was beyond panicking over the younger by now.

“So?” Yoongi yawned and looked at Jimin curiously.

“Day 14 is nearing,” The youngest hummed in an amused tone.

“And?” Yoongi asked, sarcasm lacing the three letters.

“It’s Hoseok’s day,” Jimin shoved his hands in his pockets and grinned at the oldest.

“Should I be scared or something? Are you gonna cause me bodily harm?” Yoongi looked over at Hoseok who was walking on his other side.

“Huh?” Hoseok, who had been too busy scrolling through his phone, asked intelligently.

“Tomorrow’s your day, what are you gonna do?” Yoongi stared at him intently, daring  him to say something he didn’t like. Technically, Yoongi knew, even if the younger did say something he wouldn’t be able to oppose it in any way. He was going to win the bet, no matter what it took.

“Well, I don’t know yet. I’ll think about it later, we got a game today so that’s kind of the priority at the moment.” Hoseok shrugged his shoulders and avoided the others’ gazes.

“He’s right, Jiminie, we can’t concern ourselves with such matters at the moment.” Yoongi shot the younger and annoyed look causing the orange-haired boy to pout.

“Well, it doesn’t matter to me anyway. I lost the bet already.” He said petulantly and kicked a pebble down the sidewalk.

Yoongi watched the small rock bounce a few times and hit a metal trashcan. The impact made a ringing sound and he muttered a silent ‘same’ under his breath.

“Yoongi!” A voice called after him from across the parking lot. Yoongi turned around and saw Jungkook running over to him. He turned to Jimin and Hoseok and shooed them away, sensing something serious in the younger’s look. After all, it was unlike Jungkook to even initiate a conversation with Yoongi unless it was to or torment him. Yoongi waited for the black-haired preteen to reach him, trying not to scowl.

“What?” He asked impatiently.

“Well, good morning to you too.” Jungkook grumped back.

“What do you want, we don’t have much time.” Yoongi stared the, already taller, kid down.

“I need to talk to you,” Jungkook said quietly, gripping the straps of his backpack as he looked over Yoongi’s shoulder after Jimin’s and Hoseok’s retreating forms.

“Well you’re talking to me now, aren’t you?” Yoongi couldn’t help the sarcasm that crept into his tone.

Jungkook rolled his eyes violently, “For ’s sake, can’t you take me seriously for once?!” He growled in an impressively deep voice.

“Fine, what is this about? Do you like; have a crush on me or something? Or is it Jimin?” Yoongi was losing his patience quickly, he knew he was being meaner than he should have been but it had been a strange morning, what with Hoseok ignoring him for most of the walk to school even though they were talking just fine last night.

Jungkook promptly punched him in the shoulder for that. “What the , dude? Of course not!” The younger yelled even though he seemed a little flustered with his red cheeks on display.     

“Don’t call me dude,” Yoongi glowered at him convincingly and checked the time- 5 minutes till class starts. “Hurry the up, brat.” He muttered loudly.

“I’ll call you whatever I want to because you’re still under the obligation of the bet, sweetie.” Jungkook looked at him smugly with his arms crossed.

“Fine, whatever.” Yoongi started walking away; at this rate he was going to be late.

“, wait,” Jungkook jogged up to him and fell into step with the older. “This is serious and I don’t want Hoseok to get hurt.”

Yoongi stopped abruptly and Jungkook tumbled over his own feet. “Why would he get hurt?” Yoongi squinted at the younger.

“Because I have a feeling about what he’s gonna do tomorrow and I need to know you’ll let him down gently if it comes to that, or you’ll forfeit the bet.” Jungkook looked to the side. Yoongi had never seen the younger look as insecure as in that moment, it made his heart clench painfully.

“Jungkook, what-”

“Just think about what you’re gonna say tomorrow if he confronts you and try not to hurt him.” The younger ran a hand through his hair and heaved a sigh. He his heel and made a beeline for the gym.

“What the ,” Yoongi said softly but with feeling. 

Yoongi was left to toss and turn over Jungkook’s words throughout the entire day. His stomach was in knots and his palms kept sweating. He had a physics test and he was barely able to breathe without reminding himself to do so. He had a vague idea what Jungkook was trying to warn him about but the idea of Hoseok confessing his love for him seemed absurd. Maybe the signs have been there all along but Yoongi had chosen to ignore them. He shook his head to get rid of the ridiculous thoughts for the nth time that day, he needed to focus on school and worry about his nonexistent love life later.

Rationally knowing that and actually executing it were, however, different things entirely. He ended up thinking about everything but physics. He contemplated his existence well up until it was time for the test which he was sure he would fail. He kept sighing during lunch and received himself curious stares from his friends. He participated in the conversation and the skinship but his heart wasn’t in it. Hoseok was almost as equally distraught looking as Yoongi.

“What’s up with you two? You’ve been unreasonably quiet, especially you Hoseok.” Seokjin decided that it was time to active his mother-mode.

“Huh?” Hoseok raised his head slowly and blinked at the eldest owlishly.

“It’s the game,” Yoongi threw in to save his companion. “We have a big game today, as you know. It’s been pretty stressful because the opponents are one of the better teams in the city.” He sighed and pushed his food around on the plate.

“Yeah, the game, it’s a big game.” Hoseok repeated monotonously.

“Well you better snap out of it, the whole school’s counting on you to win!” Jimin chirped, oblivious to the moodiness of his friends. “I got a new banner and everything.” He grinned but Yoongi paid him no mind. He was too immersed in making a pyramid out of his peas and thinking about that plan to move to Egypt.

“We’ll do fine, don’t worry.” He said automatically, even if he didn’t mean it completely.

His thoughts were still swarming with the ridiculous ideas that Jungkook’s warnings implanted into his mind. He was overwhelmed by moments, fragments of the time he had spent with Hoseok in the past few weeks. Every time the younger made him smile and huff out a laugh, despite his bad mood. Every time he was forcibly hugged and couldn’t complain. Every time Hoseok beamed at him proudly after he got a good grade. He wondered when had‘don’t ing breathe near me’ turn into ‘you can hug me if you want’.  He sure has come a long way as a person thanks to his group of friends, but mostly Hoseok.

Please log in to read the full chapter