Los Angeles

Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

*Ring* *Ring*

"Chaerin ah?"

"Ssantokki, When are you going back? Come back here pali-pali!"

"I just arrived in Korea, Pudong. I'm set to go back in US on May 26th. Wae? Do you miss me already?'' I asked teasingly.

"No, of course not, unnie. Just wanna remind you that school will start next month." she said nonchalantly.

School? Yes. We are currently 4th year college in our chosen courses. I'm taking business management and Chaerin is taking law at our own university. Both of us are 21 years old and have been best friends since birth. Our families are so close that they even like me for Chaerin and vice versa. They are cool with same- relationships since we live in US, not in Korea.

"Why don't you sound excited? You're normally excited when school is coming, since you can flirt with people and you can see her." I saw how her face changed when I mentioned her.

"I'm happy to see her, but not with him." Now she's giving me a poker face, but her eyes tells otherwise. She's broken inside.

"It has been 2 years Chaerin ah. You need to move on." I saw her ducked her head.

"I'm trying, unnie. I really am doing my best, but I don't know why I can't." her voice seems sad and she's holding her tears.

"You can do it pudong. If only y-" before I could finish what I'm about to say, she cut it already.

'If only you loved me like I love you, things wouldn't be like this.' that is what I was about to say, but it looks like things are not yet bound to happen.

"Nevermind unnie. You should go to sleep now, you're probably tired. Goodnight unnie." and the call was disconnected. She's upset, I shouldn't have brought her that topic, now I feel guilty. Whenever she's upset she calls me unnie although I'm just months older than her.

I hope she didn't throw her phone. Chaerin h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter