Chapter 6.

Boundary of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Min Ho yah, look! Isn’t it beautiful?” Chae Won turned herself from lying on her chest on the grass to Min Ho side who was lying on his back reading a book. She lift a drawing paper which contained newest shoes design she drew just now.

“Hmm…. It’s pretty.” Min Ho looked at the design and commented with a smile. He then looked back to her and said. “If you are so interested in creating new shoes’ designs, why didn’t you take the design major at first.”

Chae Won rolled herself to lie on her back while taking his one arm and put under her head. Then she tilted her head to his side. “I want to attend the class with you. That time, if isn’t I glued beside you and pushed you hard, how could you cross your own-set-boundary and confess to me.”

Min Ho put his arm around her shoulder and breathed out a helpless sigh. “Silly girl.”

Chae Won giggled at his comment and closed her eyes to rest on his arm’s pillow. After silent for a while, she opened her eyes slowly and faintly asked. “How is eomuni conditions these days?”They have been dating for almost three years and a lot of changes were happened within these years. Both good things and bad things.

Min Ho and his mother were now living with his grandfather from his maternal side since last year. It was good thing. But that good thing was occurred because of one bad thing. His mother, Choi Myung Gil, was diagnosed as ovarian cancer late stage one year ago and she decided to go back to her father, beg for his forgiveness and introduce Min Ho to his grandfather for the first time since he was born. Now, he was opening a small private tuition for a few students who didn’t do well in their study together with his grandfather. Though it was a small tuition, they put every effort to the students and the students' parents satisfied with their teaching methods.

Her mother was now resting at home for most of the time and went to the hospital for follow up only. The doctors advised Choi Myung Gil to stay in the hospital but she insisted to stay at home, decided to go the hospital when her last days came.

“She…. She’s fine I guess. Not improved but not worse either.” Min Ho answered with heavy heart. Although it didn’t as hurt and sorrowful as last year he first realized his mother’s condition, he still felt pain whenever he thought about her. He didn’t understand what had his mother done anything bad, so that the fate was punishing her again and again. As long as he knew, his mother was the most kind-hearted and good-natured person he had ever known. She didn’t do a single thing to trouble the others. But all she get was the sorrowful and unpleasant conditions.

“How’s the doctors said?”

“They advised her to come to hospital as quickly as she can if she didn’t feel good.” He said with calmed voice but Chae Won could guess how much he was in pain. They silent again until Min Ho started to speak with different topic. He didn’t think about the fearful thing anymore. “The students in our tuition got a good result in the last exam.”

“Really? Harabeoji must be really happy.”

“Eo! He also advised me to homage with my first income to your father. Actually, I should’ve thought about it first. I am planning to visit your house this weekend.”

After hearing his words, Chae Won suddenly lift her head and looked at him with astonished expression. “Meo? Are you coming to our house this weekend?”

“Why are you so startled that much? Though I haven’t visited your house lately, I had come a lot of time when we were young.” Min Ho asked with confused eyes.

“Anneya…… It’s……… Ummm ….. I’m just … felt some differents because …. Because you didn’t come to our house after our relationship. And I still haven’t told our relation to my parents. It’s kinda felt some strange feeling to me.” Chae Won explained with hesitant and utter words.

Actually, she had something covered from Min Ho. Their family faced with some arguments lately and it was directly concerned with Min Ho and his mother. Though she and her father didn’t thought about being something wrong or had problem with helping Min Ho and his mother but her mother thought the other side. She loved and very possessive to her husband and didn’t like her husband helping other woman who is a young pretty divorcee and her son.

Moon Sang joong knew his wife, Lee Hwi Hyung, very well and at first, he hid from his wife about helping Min Ho and his mother. When Lee Hwi Hyung found out accidently about it, they had a biggest fight since their married. But Moon Sang Joong insisted to help Min Ho and his mother in any way; he received an accusation of him having an affair with Choi Myung Gil from his wife. Moon Sang Joong denied the accusation and didn’t want to fight with his wife, he couldn’t ignore that poor mother and son whom was left by his best friend mercilessly. This made Lee Hwi Hyung to feel her doubt bigger and firmer. Later, this problem was temporarily settled when Choi Myung Gil decided to go back to her father after realizing her health problem. But whenever Min Ho and his mother’s name was brought up, Lee Hwi Hyung couldn’t help but to feel acrid and fought with her husband.

So, even after dating with Min Ho for almost three years, Chae Won didn’t dare to tell her mother about her relationship with Min Ho. She couldn’t dare to think what will happen when her mother found out her dating with Min Ho.

“Silly girl… Though they didn’t know about us for now, they will find out one day eventually. I know what you afraid of.” Min Ho said with calm voice.

“Meo? You knew?” Chae Won asked with wide eyes. How did he know? Did he and her mother meet without her realization?

“Of course! I know you afraid that your mother would disapproval about us because of my family background and financial status and you afraid that your mother would tell some disparaged words. I’ve already thought about it. According to our status, it is normal reaction of a mother who wants the best for her daughter. I understand it. Even if your mother scolded me, cursed me or even hit me, I will endure all of it for you.” Min Ho said with comforting smile to ease her fear down. Though he comforted her but he didn’t sure whether he could persuade Chae Won’s mother. He occasionally met with her sometime when she came to fetch Chae Won home. Her eyes were piercingly sharp whenever she looked at him as if she hated him to death. At first he thought she was just highly pride wealthy lady who didn’t care about other people but after continue seeing her hatred eyes only toward him, made him uneasy and suffocated.

“Min Ho yah ….” Chae Won mumbled his name and felt sorry for him. How could her mother scorn such humble and simple mind young man.

“I’m planning that I am going to disclose our relationship to your parents when I came your house this weekend. We have been together for almost three years and we couldn’t go on like this forever. Near future, we have to tell them anyway. I want to asked their permission and blessing for us.”

“Andwe!” Chae Won protested suddenly after hearing his word. When she saw Min Ho’s confusing eyes, she cleared anxiously and forced smile to him. “I mean ….. It’s was too sudden and I think they will shock to hear about it. I will tell my parents about us slowly. It’s better for them to hear from me instead of you.”

“Umm…… It’s sound reasonable to me. Of course, your parents will want to hear about your relationship rather than me.” Min Ho nodded his head with smile. But he could sense that there may be something deeper reason from Chae Won. She was a frank person and she was obvious when she hidden something from him. He wanted to know about it but he didn’t want to ask her. He will wait until she disclosed herself to him if she thought he also should know about it.

But, he didn’t have to wait for long to know that something. He discovered everything that he didn’t know or realize before, about the meaning of Chae Won’s mother’s hatred eyes toward him. He had sensed that Chae Won’s mother didn’t like him through her tense and frigid expression. He only could interpret that action as a mother who disapproval her daughter with poor background. So, he reminded himself to work harder to achieve her blessing. He docilely treated all the Moon family members especially to Chae Won’s mother. He held the hope that one day she would understand his genuine mind and love for Chae Won. But he was totally wrong. His simple assumption was not near to the actual reason of her hate for both his mother and him.

 

 

.....................................................................

 

 

One fine day, he and Chae Won went on a date for the celebration of their 1000 days anniversary. They were obliviously happy and didn’t aware of Chae Won’s mother presence. They were caught holding hand and strolling along the city. He couldn’t forget the furious eyes and disgusting smirk of Chae Won’s mother when she approached him slowly and slapped him on the cheek among the crowd, in the middle of the main street. He couldn’t forget her dangerously chilling voice of calling him “Lowlife bastard” those two words. Then she roughly grabbed Chae Won’s hand and dragged her to their luxurious car.

Though he could guess that she would angry and protest him and Chae Won relationship, he didn’t expect the incident of slapping him on the cheek and calling him “lowlife bastard” in the middle of the crowded street. Embarrassment and humiliation consumed him under the curious eyes of people around him. He was embitter and wanted to hate Chae Won’s mother but the helpless and apologized gaze of Chae Won could erase his entire raging mind. He was heartache and compassionate for Chae Won who was house arrested since that day.

One of the day when he couldn’t control his missing for her, he defied himself and went to Chae Won’s house. He was ready to beg and even decided to obey anything they want if they give  Chae Won and him one chance. He would strive double in his private tuition to successful and didn’t let Chae Won to suffer because of financial problem.

But, all his hope and dream was scattered into pieces under Chae Won’s mother harsh words. At that time he was realized that she was disapproval them not only because of their different background status. Lee Hwi Hyung glared him as if he was a curd and said the merciless words loud and clearly.

“How could you ever think of to marry our Chae Wonnie? If isn’t enough that your mother seduced my husband and gold digging from our money? What kind of thick skinned person you are? Didn’t you know that if I cut out your stomach, the food that your gigolo mother vamped my husband and fed you, will come out without even complete digestion? I knew everything about your mother ploy of approaching my husband after your father cheat with another woman and left you. I knew everything that my husband took all the responsibility of you and your mother since then. I think you must have already known the feeling of living a life with someone else money was very easy and comfortable. So, do you think after seducing our Chae Won, we would support you rest of your life with our money? Is that your gold-digger mother taught you the way she used in my husband, isn’t she?”

Min Ho didn’t know how to reply the cruel words came out from Chae Won’s mother mouth. He w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter