Chapter 2.

Boundary of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Min Ho looked at Park Shin Hye who was now standing in front of him with a formal hanbok dress. Although she was standing with her head down demurely,Min Ho couldn't find any tiny sense of obedience from her. At first, Min Ho was slightly surprised when he asked her to change her cloths, she didn't show any annoyance nor contumacy and silently go back to her room.

Of course, it's not easy to achieve the infamous title of Park Geun Hyung's spoiled little girl. Min Ho felt a jolt of mirth rather than pissed. She was purposely wearing the hanbok when Min Ho asked to change her sleeveless top with jean shorts. So this is her type of badness which Park Geun Hyung told about.

Min Ho stared at her while choosing the right words for that kind of situation. He knew she was doing it on purpose and if he protests her action, it means he was accepting her intention. So he chose to ignore.

"You can sit down now." Min Ho said as he pointing at the chair beside him.

Shin Hye sat down on the chair peacefully as she still looking down to the floor.

"How many single albums have you released till now?"

Shin Hye was surprised at his unexpected question and looked at him in disbelief. Why is he asking about her career?

"Two albums." Shin Hye answered him slowly with confused tone when he waited silently for her answer.

"Not long ago, I saw a promotion trailer of music videos of you and other singers."

"I only feature on one song because of my friend request."

"If I didn't get wrong, it was the most successful song in that album."

"I was just lucky." Shin Hye said softly while leaning her back on chair for more comfortable position as if she was doing an interview.

"When did you start debuting in the entertainment industry?" Min Ho asked while folding his arms.

"Since after failing the second time exam, ummm... I think it's been six years give or take."

"You are capable of achieving and maintaining your successful singer life in these years. I think graduating from high school is much easier than becoming a famous idol. You can pass the high school exam if you study regularly but becoming a successful singer is different thing. It might fail even if you try your best."

"I can memorize a song even I just read it for the first time. But when I try to learn by heart an essay, I can't remember it even after giving a lot of time. I think my brain doesn't contain a section to store school subjects." Shin Hye said while swinging herself on the rotatable chair.

"Of course you have. Human brain has enough sections for every moments and memories of your whole entire life. You just still haven't found your right section yet or may be you prioritize the other things rather than school subjects. High school exams are not that difficult. I think you had faced with many problems that can't be answered by learning by heart or calculating with a formula. High school exams didn't have such unseen and twisted problems."

Park Shin Hye stopped swinging herself and looked at Min Ho with attentive gaze. At the same time she felt herself closer to the stranger for the first time. Her beautiful big brown eyes are now sparkling with excitement.

"Seon-sen-nim, do you also have such kind of problems before?"

"More than you could imaging."

Shin Hye smiled to him as if she satisfied the fact that this seon-sen-nim is the type of person that she could talk her mind without being misunderstood.

"Seon-sen-nim, what is your name?"

"My name is Lee Min Ho."

"Can I ........ not call you seon-sen-nim?" Min Ho was speechless on her request. "Whenever I called my previous tutors as seon-sen-nim, I felt like we are drifting away further. I felt like responsibility and pressure are pressing above me like a heavy stone. I always felt suffocated whenever I heard seon-sen-nim is coming, all I think about is learning and studying the things I hate the most. I want a friend who help me to solve the questions with me, not a person who gave me questions and let me solve them all alone."

Min Ho was pleased after hearing a long conservation from Shin Hye who explained her feeling without holding back to him. The student he has to guide is not a empty-headed at all. She has her own opinion and concept in her point of view. Moreover she is a person who is fearless to tell the things that she believes it was right for her.

"Okay. You got the point. I also like to discuss face to face with my students. So, what do you want to call me if you don't want to use the term seon-sen-nim."

"Ummm....... How about Orabeoni?" Shin Hye suggest with a smile.

"Orabeoni? Why don't you just simply use Oppa?" Min Ho asked curiously. He started to realized that she has a different perception on everything from most of people.

"It's a formal term of Oppa used in ancient time. To call a tutor as Oppa is kinda inappropriate and rude even for a bad student like me. Well...... Orabeoni........ ummm I thought I can sense the respect and reliability in that word. And it suits you very well."

"Deal. Anything else?" Min Ho nodded as he allowing her and when he saw her shaking her head, he continued. "So we are clear now. I'm not here to give you pressure. I am here to make you graduate from high school."

"Orabeoni can you make me graduate from high school?" Shin Hye asked.

"That's right. I can't make you graduate from high school, without your will and desire. I can only help you from beside."

Park Shin Hye silent for a while and continue softly. "Actually, I don't want to graduate from high school. I never intent to."

"Why?"

"I have my own reason. It is my personal matter and it is too early to discuss with you.I will tell you later when I think I can."

"So, are you still doesn't want to graduate in the moment?"

"Yes."

"Whatever it is, you agree to study with me, don't you?"

"Yes. I promise to my grandfather. And I feel sorry for him too."

"We will see about that."

"About what?"

"About will you still the same doesn't want to graduate from high school. If you really doesn't want to, even I help you to death. I can't do anything if you gave the blank paper sheet in exam."

Shin Hye avoided his stare after his last sentence. Then she looked back and said hesitantly.

"I have one thing to admit since you seem you've already guessed." She pause a little and when she saw Min Ho jerked his chin slightly and wait for her to continue, she said slowly. "The failure of first two time was because of my lack of study. I was not in mood to study even I want to. I was distracted."

"Distracted by who?"

"My boyfriend." She answered softly as if it was almost inaudible.

"Then carry on, what's next?"

"The exam I took two year ago, that time...."

Min Ho stared into her painful and sorrow eyes. He could clearly see her mind transparently. Within his seven years of teaching experience, he was trained to see through different kinds of students from different backgrounds in order to control them. In the case of this girl, he can see her pain and loneliness clearer then ever.

"You didn't enter the exam or you gave the blank paper?"

"I gave the blank paper for the last subject."

"Can I ask you the reason?" Min Ho waited for her answer. When he saw Shin Hye bit her lower lip and looked down, he sighed softly. "Was it also your personal matter that can't tell me right now?"

Shin Hye nodded silently.

"I'm glad to hear your disclosure." Shin Hye lift her long eyelashes and looked at him in confuse. "At least I realize that fact that the student I am going to teach is not a total dumb who has learning difficulty."

Shin Hye laughed at his words.

"But after hearing you say, I realized that you are a very indulged person. It has to be very stupid to gave the blank paper in exam."

"Not a courage?"

"No. It's purely stupid. You didn't want to pass the exam because of your own emotion is kind of silliness to me. You abandoned your grandfather's trust and hope." Shin Hye listened silently. "Whatever, I promise your grandfather to guide and help you in your study. Giving up the exam or not is not my concern. But you need to realize something."

"Please continue."

"I am a very busy person. I have hundreds of students in my school beside you. I have full responsibility of their education and well being. I also have to manage the school and school's staffs and I also have to teach in school. I barely man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter