Chapter 3.

Boundary of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Min Ho closed his eyes and inhaled a long deep breath to calm down himself before he glared at Park Shin Hye who was sitting on the swivel chair with her chin resting on the palm of her elbowed arm and idly swinging from side to side. She had been wasting almost an hour for memorizing an essay. His patience was gradually wearing off with time.

"Park Shin Hye! Are you going to waste all three hours on this one essay." He raised his voice with annoyed tone.

"I can't memorize it." Shin Hye swayed her eyes to his side and drawled without even bother to change her position.

"Of course you can't memorize it. You didn't even try to read it."

"It is very difficult and complex." She complaint back to him.

"It isn't difficult at all. I've explained it to you sentence by sentence and you can say the meaning of every sentence when I asked you. It has only total ten sentences in that essay. It is not you don't understand the essay, you actually never memorized it from the start. Stop complainting and just memorize it right now. You have to study the whole text book, do not fuss on a ten-sentence-essay."

"Orabeoni, I want you to explain it once again." Shin Hye said calmly as she didn't even heed that Min Ho was already pissed.

"Don't even think about it. I've already explained it to you again and again for two hours. I had my work done and it's your turn to do yours." Still, Shin Hye didn't seem to study seriously.

That's it. He reached his limit. Min Ho closed his book in front of him roughly and turned to her side.

"Park Shin Hye! Grab your book and go over there." Min Ho commanded with deep cold voice as he pointed the space beside the door. Shin Hye turned her head to look at the place where Min Ho was pointing to. Then she looked back him with puzzling eyes. "Aren't you not still going?"

Shin Hye slowly stood up and walked towards the space in front of the wall beside the door. Then she glanced at Min Ho, waited for him to continue.

"Kneel down." Min Ho commanded shortly. Shin Hye raised her eye brown in surprised.

"Here? Kneel down?" Shin Hye asked for comfirmation.

Shin Hye stooped down on her kneel as Min Ho answered her with a slight nod.

"Put down the book in front of you and raise you both hands on your head." Shin Hye now totally realized his intention. He was punishing her for not studying, like his students in school. Shin Hye put down her book on the floor and raised her hand with phlegmatic expression as his command.

"You are not allowed to sit down until you memorize your essay." After saying that Min Ho turned his back to the table again and read the exercises for next lesson. Although he was reading the exercises, his mind was filled with the thought of Shin Hye.

What a stubborn girl!

In general, most of the girls are embarrassed and showing their protest with clamourous voice. But for her, she didn't show any sign of displeasing for the punishment at all. As if she didn't interest in anything or anyone's appraisal about her. Min Ho started to understand why Park Geun Hyung said she will not get along with other kids in hostel. She will definitely pissed off the others with her cavalier attitude.

As he was deep in thought, he heard someone knocking the door from outside. He looked back at the door and glanced at Shin Hye shortly. She was still watching the book blankly and didn't seem to memorize it at all. He secretly left out a soft sigh.

What should I do with her?

"Come in."

The door was opened slightly. Kim Young Gun checking inside the room and slowly entered, trying not to distract the study time. His calmed face changed into surprised look when he saw Shin Hye kneeled beside the door, blanking looking at her book in front of her. Just took a look and it was obvious that she had been punished by Min Ho.

"Harabeoji, when did you arrive here?" Min Ho stood up and greeted Kim Young Gun.

"It has been a while Min Ho yah. I came to visit Geun Hyung and I was about to leave. I hope I didn't distract your teaching time."

"Not at all. I asked her to memorize the essay. Do you have any matter to meet me?" Min Ho asked as he knew that Kim Young Geon didn't come up to here without reasons.

"Aww.... I come up to give you this. Geun Hyung said that he can give it to you behalf of me but So Hyun's eomma insist to give it to you by myself. You knew her. She will surely nag me for a week if I didn't give you by myself. And also So Hyun, she's reminded me nearly a hundred time not to forget to tell you that she made bu chim gae by herself for you." Kim Young Geon handed him a middle-size box packed with silky fabric and said the last sentence with hidden meaning.

Shin Hye peeked the box with curious eyes. What is it? It looked like a box used to pack rice cakes and bu chim gae prepared for traditional ceremonies like Chuseok, Seollol  and Jesa. She had seen her grandfather asked their maids to prepare the food for her haemoni Jesa. Why So Hyun's eomma gave it to Min Ho Orabeoni? And Kim So Hyun, Young Geon harabeoji's granddaughter who is two year younger than her. They are not closed but they had known each other since their childhood. Though she is not as infamous as Shin Hye, she is also a spoiled child in her family. She is not the type of enjoy-cooking-femanine vibe. Why did she make bu chim gae for Orabeoni?

"Isn't today your mother tenth year Jesa? So Hyun's eomma prepared it for you because she knew you are very busy with school and living alone, preparing the food for Jesa is quite difficult for you. Other intigrents may easily buy from mart. But she thought home made rice cakes are better for showing your respect and love."

Min Ho took the box and looked at Kim Young Geon with grateful expression.

"Thank you very much harabeoji. And I also thank eommoni and So Hyunie. She has been doing it for seven years. I don't know how to repay."

So Hyunie! Shin Hye rolled her eyes with hassle when she heard Min Ho called Kim So Hyun intimately.

"It can't compare with what you had helped So Hyun in high school. If it wasn't you, she couldn't be able to attend the University she wants to go. So Hyun and her mother always thank you for guiding her well."

Min Ho faintly smiled at him. Kim Young Geon took a brief look on his watch and said. "Oh, look at the time! I got to go. Take care Min Ho yah. Study well Shin Hye yah." Kim Young Geon patted his arm kindly before he turned back to the door and greet Shin Hye with smily eyes, amuse at the situation that she was punished by Min Ho.

Shin Hye responsed him with a shy grin as he walked out of the room. Then Shin Hye looked at Min Ho's back who was slowly returning to the chair and sat down quietly.

"So, today is his mother's 10th year funeral ceremony. That's the reason he is quite impatient today and had a gloomy mood. Shin Hye never had a thought that he doesn't have a mother. Harabeoji only told her that he is his friend's grandson and she also didn't bother to asked about his background any further. Young Geon harabeoji said he lives alone. Then, where is his father? Was he also no longer alive? Does Orabeoni has other sibling?"

Shin Hye mind was clouded with a lot of questions concern about him. At the same time, she was surprised herself as this is the first time she was curious about a person rather than herself.

 

 

............

 

 

Park Geun Young was leisurely playing chess alone in the living room as he has no appointment with anyone. When he saw a shadow flushed in his corner of eye, he looked up to the side. He saw his granddaughter carrying a tray of green tea set with a suspicious grin.

"It'd been a long time since you're playing, I thought you might thirsty." Shin Hye put down the tray on the table beside the chess plate and sat beside her grandfather. Then she poured the green tea in the cup and handed to him.

Park Geun Hyun put down his chess piece, took the cup and sip slightly.

"Okay, I'd already recieved your curry favour. So, what do you want?"

"Harabeoji! It's not like that. I'm just worry that you might thirsty and bring the green tea with pure intention." Shin Hye uttered defensively.

"So, you don't have anything to asked for?" He asked with doubtful voice.

"Neh!" Shin Hye answer with pouted lips.

Park Geun Hyung nodded his head with a smile and looked again the chess board and played again.

After silent for a while, Shin Hye cleared and started a conservation sheepishly.

"Harabeoji."

"Eomm... wae?" Park Geun Hyung replied without removing his eyes on chess board.

"Yesterday, Young Geon harabeoji came up to the study room and gave Orabeo... I mean, seon-sen-nim a food box."

"Yes. I know. I offered him that I can give it to Lee seon-sen but he said his daughter in law asked him to give it by himself."

Shin Hye hesitantly continued. "I heard yesterday was his mother's tenth year Jesa. And Young Geun harabeoji said seon-sen-nim lives alone. Is his father also dead?"

Park Geun Hyung stopped playing the chess and looked up to meet her curious eyes. He was slightly taken aback to see the curious Shin Hye. Because she's never interested in anyone else life before.

"I heard from Young Geon that his father is in U.S with his new wife. His father had an affair and left them when he was twelve years. Since then he and his mother faced many difficulties for about eight years before they reunited with his grandfather." Park Geun Hyung said sympathetically.

"Reunite. Why reunite? Weren't they are living together from the start?" Shin Hye asked with confused expression.

"Bool Am was strongly disapproval to Lee seon-sen's parents marriage. He doesn't like Lee seon-sen's father character and attitude. He thought his daughter will get hurt if she married him. But she went against her father's will and married him, leaving the home with him. So, when the thing happened as her father prediction, she was too guilty and sorry to go back to her father. Only when she was diagnosed as ovarian cancer and had to left her only son alone in the world, she went back to her father and asked for forgiveness. Also finding a home for Lee seon-sen before she left from the world."

Shin Hye felt like her heart was falling to a deep hallow. She knew exactly how is feel when you realized the man you respect the most was cheating on the woman you love the most. Witnessing the fight and argument of two people you thought as a home was unbearable for her. Orabeoni will also face the same incident like her. An invisble bond was occuring in her heart for him.

"After three years of struggling to live Lee seon-sen's mother passed away."

"Was Kim So Hyun also seon-sen-nim pupil?" Shin Hye asked tensely. "I heard she made a dish for him herself. You also knew that she never let her hands wet in her house."

"Yes. He guided So Hyun when she was a high school student, like you. After So Hyun's oustanding result, Young Geon advised Lee seon-sen to start a private tution and he also supported him with financial help. Because of Lee seon-sen's hard work and skills, it's becoming a successful school within these years." Park Geun Hyung answered with impressed.

Nothing is alike. She is So Hyunnie and as for me, I am always "Yah! Park Shin Hye." Shin Hye mummbled inaudibly.

"What? What are you saying?" Park Geun Hyung asked with frawn.

"Nothing!" Shin Hye answered with pouted lips.

"I warn you not to piss Lee seon-sen. He already has enoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter