Chapter 5.

Boundary of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seon-sen-nim.."

Lee Min Ho looked up when he heard his secretary's voice at the office door entrance. When he saw Min Ho looked back him and allowed him to continue, he entered the room giving a slight bow.

"Doctor Han is here. Should I invite her inside sir?"

"Kede? Let her in." While saying Min Ho stood up from his table and walked forward to the door for greeting.

Since it was the seasonal change period, a few students suffered from common cold and flu like symptoms. So, he contacted the school's medical officer to meet him at the main office.

A middle age woman entered with a soft smile.

"Anneyaseoyo, headmaster."

"Anneyaseoyo, Doctor Han. How are the students' health problem?" Min Ho asked while pointing to the coach as he also sat on one of them.

"They have already improved a lot. Since it was seasonal flu, they will get better after a few day. And I found some students complaint of abdominal pain. As I examine them, it was just a mild gastritis. It looks like they didn't eat much food because of flu. So I gave them some medicines."

"It's glad that nothing serious was happened. If you need something that we can help, please inform us immediately."

“Yeh, headmaster. There are noting much to do but I want to make health education section for once in this week if you can give about one hour from the study time. I want to explain to the students about how to prevent their selves from common cold and flu. So that they can protect themselves and there will be more benefit than treating the disease.”

Min Ho nodded his head in agreement. “That’s the great idea, Doctor. Prevention is better than cure. I understand your intention. I’ll discuss with the other teachers and prepare for the health education section. I’ll inform you when we are ready.”

“Yeh! Then please excuse me now sir.” Doctor Han stood up and stepped out of the room after greeting him. He unconsciously smiled when he thought about Shin Hye. Even Doctor Han who was ten years older than him treated him with respect. Though he was younger than most of the teachers in his school, they called him 'Seon-sen-nim' as he manage this private school and regard him as their headmaster. But that stubborn and fiddly Shin Hye didn't seem to know or didn't have an intention to know either. Not just refuse to call him 'seon-sen-nim', actually she'd never assumed him as her teacher.

Then Min Ho walked back to his table and called his secretary from the intercom. “Jung Secretary? Come in for a moment.”

After a while his secretary came in and asked him. “Seon-sen-nim, I’m here.”

“Aww…. There is an answer paper file I gave to Yoon Seon-sen a few days ago. Asked her whether she finished checking and bring it to me if it’s already finished.”

“Yeh, Seon-sen-nim.”

Min Ho looked at his secretary stepped out from the room. Then he looked down the answer paper in front of him and smiled happily. Although he taught all the subjects to Shin Hye, he only checked the English subject and let the other answer paper were checked by the respective teachers. He wanted to know the exact scoring scale for her results.

After a while, his secretary came back and put the answer paper file on the table. “It’s here Seon-sen-nim.”

Min Ho took the file and opened it with excited heart. He carefully scanned the papers one by one and his anxious face became loosen and appeared a satisfied smiled after checking all the subjects. Shin Hye got A+ in his subject and he didn’t expect that high result from her. She could manage to get all A results except Korea History. But she still got B+ in it, this wasn’t bad at all.

According to that result, he hundred percent believed that her continue failure in the exam must be because she really gave the blank answer sheet as she said before. Even she didn’t working hard in the previous test and just answered the knowledge that she listened from his teaching time, her scores are not in the state of terrible outcome. This time, she did working hard than the previous test. Her intelligent and learning ability were high above the average students. Her only weak point was her indulgement and wavy mood. That couldn’t fully blame on her. As a young girl, she will need a shoulder to cry on and a person to rely on.

While he was happily checking the answer papers, he heard his office phone rang. He put down the answer paper and answered the phone.

“Yeoboseyo.”

“Yeoboseyo, is it ‘Arable Land’ private school?”

“Yeh.”

“I want to enroll a new student to the hostel.”

“Aww…… I’m sorry sang-mu-nim but we are no more accepting new student for this semester. It was very late for this first semester and if you want to enroll for the next semester, you can register four month later from now.”

“What about teaching as a home tutor?”

“I’m sorry, sang-mu-nim but we do not receive home tuition.”

“Really? Then, can I ask why you are teaching singer Angela at her house as home tutor.”

“Yeh? Excuse me sang-mu-nim?”

“You teach her alone at her house as tutor, am I right?”

“Yeh! Excuse me sang-mu-nim. But may I know who is it talking right now?”

“It’s singer Angela herself …. Kekeke…”

“YAH ….. PARK SHIN HYE …….. YOU!! Yah…. How can you joke around your teacher? If you have so much free time, why don’t you go to the study table and do your home work?” Min Ho embarrassedly shouted at her and he then started to laugh at himself as well. As a singer, she could mimic the voice of middle age old lady which he totally clueless and couldn’t recognized her real voice.

“Eorrr…… Orabeoni ….. Although I have some free time, how can I always study whenever I have free time? Do you want me to crazy or what? Whenever I talk with you, all you can think is to ask me to study. Orabeoni ….. Jinja …”

“Wae, super stressful?”

“Of course!”

“Yah, only you can feel that super stressful? What about me?”

“How can I know?”

“Unbelievable! Joking around your own teacher. What type of student are you?”

“I joked around you because: One… I care for the person I joke around. Two … I thought it’d be fun to the person I joke around. Who would waste their time and take trouble to joke around for the people they don’t care.”

“So, should I be delighted and proud to be the person you want to joke around?” Min Ho asked with annoyance tone.

“Yep!”

“Cham-na… So, you are calling me only to prank me and pissed me off?”

“Of course not! Eorr …… actually ……. I want to know my exam result.” Shin Hye said with worried tone. Min Ho smile silently on the other side of the phone after hearing her hesitant and worried sound. A student who interested and worried for her own exam result is a good sign and it show that she had still hope.

“I’ll come to you in the evening. You will know the result when I came. You don’t need to call me out of your way.”

“I’m very excited and nervous by now.”

“No need to excited and nervous if you really gave your best shot. I’ll tell you when I came to your house.”

“Can’t I know right now?”

“This is not the time make up for you. Remember? This is the time I gave for the other students in my school.”

“Geez! Orabeoni …….. You are really egocentric and arrogant.” Shin Hye scoffed at his words.

“Meo? YAH! I’m your teacher. How can you say that kind of words to your teacher?”

“No. I’ve said that you are not my teacher. I’ve always regarded you as my big brother or friend. If you do not want to say, then don’t say it. I’ll know it this evening anyway. You are just bossy. And I’m super stressful with talking you.” Shin Hye continue the words without stop and hang up before he couldn’t manage to find a word to talk back to her.

Min Ho shook his head while laughing at the condition between them. And he was also joyful in the fact that Shin Hye was nerve-wrackingly waiting for her exam result.

 

 

……………………………………………………

 

 

 

Lee Min Ho rang the bell when he reached the compound door of Shin Hye’s house. He looked at the package of strawberry yogurt bottles and smiled. He bought it on the way he came here. He noticed that Shin Hye enjoyed drinking strawberry yogurt whenever he gave her break time during study period. When the door was opened, he came inside and passed through the front yard.

When he opened the house’s main door and stepped inside, he didn’t go the upstairs to the study room directly as usual and went to the kitchen.

“Arjima?” Min Ho called the maid who was working in the kitchen.

“Yeh, seon-sen-nim. What do you want?”

“Is Park pansa-nim at home today?” Min Ho asked arjima first because most of the time he was here for teaching, Park Geun Hyun was always busy with his volunteer’s works and social committees meetings even he was retired from his job.

“Yeh, seon-sen-nim. He is in the study room. Should I inform him for you?”

“Yeh, I have something to discuss with him. I’ll wait at the living room.” Min Ho walked towards the living room and sat on the coach waiting Park Geun Hyung to come out.

After a while, Park Geun Hyung came out from his study room and walked towards the living room.

“Seon-sen-nim, please sit down.” Park Geun Hyung politely said when he saw Min Ho stood up from the coach when he entered the living room.

Min Ho was laughing silently at Park Geun Hyung’s uneasy expression. He must be facing a lot of experiences while doing Shin Hye’s grandfather. Min Ho was always directly climbing up the stairs to the study room since the first day he came here to teach Shin Hye. Now, when Park Geun Hyung heard Min Ho asked him to meet and discuss about Shin Hye, he automatically predicted that Min Ho had something to complain about his precious granddaughter.

“I heard that you had something to discuss me about Shin Hye. Isn’t she making any trouble ……”

“No, pansa-nim. I arrived by now and our study time still doesn’t start yet.” Min Ho quickly answered to ease him down.

“Neh … Neh !” Park Geun Hyung nodded slowly and seemed relieved when he heard Min Ho’s words.

Min Ho looked at Park Geun Hyung who cares for and loves his granddaughter, but as a man he doesn’t know how to show or reveal his adoration to her. He may buy everything she want and allow everything she does but he would never know how to understand her in detail. Min Ho once heard that he and Shin Hye didn’t see each other until dinner time. No wonder the grandchild was her own mistress, the grandfather was also his own master in his way too.

“I want to show you the exam results of Shin Hye this month.” Min Ho said while putting out the answer paper file from his bag.

“Neh, seon-sen-nim.” Park Geun Hyung looked at Min Ho and paused for a while. Then he leaned forward with apologized gesture and faintly continued. “I want to request seon-sen-nim one thing. Since it was only about two months of teaching period and if our Shin Hye didn’t do well in her exam result, I beg you not to disappoint at her that early. I request you to continue teaching her till the end of the semester. I’m worried that like the previous teacher, she stopped in the middle because she fed up with Shin Hye’s lack of attention in her teaching. I’ve hardly made a deal with Shin Hye this year for her study and I beg you to be a little more patient with her and take care of her till the end.”

Min Ho waited his words patiently with soft smile and handed him the answer paper file after Park Geun Hyung ended his conservation.

“Shin Hye was doing a great job in her exam, pansa-nim.”

Park Geun Hyung took the file from Min Ho with confused expression as if he was unbelievable what he had just heard. Then He looked down the answer papers one by one carefully and said with excited tone.

“Wow…. Seon-sen-nim, is it really our Shin Hye’s exam results? It was really amazing. She got grade A in almost all results. It’s ….. it’s…….”

“Neh, pansa-nim. Apart from Korean History, she got grade A in other subjects. But she also did great job in Korean History by gaining grade B+.”

“I can’t believe my eyes even I saw it myself, seon-sen-nim. With previous teacher, she failed almost all subjects and I was always complained by her teacher every month. I was wondering and also worried that I didn’t get much complains with you and I thought that it you must be bearing with her because of Yong Geon and me.”

“There is no anything to be an extent of complaining to you about her. She was just stubborn and bellyache sometime but she didn’t do anything beyond the limit of unreasonable extent. She is good in nature. She even became a lot more flexible than before.”

“Thank you very much, seon-sen-nim. I am really happy and fluttered at the same time. I don’t know how to repay you. Her mother will definitely happier than me. She was facing a lot of depression because of Shin Hye lately. She didn’t dare to push Shin Hye because whenever she asked about her education, Shin Hye always quibble and fight with her.”

“That’s why I asked you to meet sir. I want you to inform her mother about her results.”

“Neh, seon-sen-nim. If you want me to inform her, I’ll do as you say.”

“Actually, Shin Hye didn’t like to be ignored by her mother though she may quibble and fight with her. I wanted her to know the fact that her mother was also interested in her and never intended to ignore her.”

“I understand your meaning. I’m glad she had you as her teacher. You seem you understand her well and can handle her well.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter