Chapter 9.

Boundary of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Park Shin Hye felt her heart was squeezed with a pair of cold hands when she realized her left ankle was twisted due to heel height and unstable surface of the swivel chair. But she was too late to maintain herself as she lost her balance on the chair when she tried to come down from it. She closed her eyes tightly when she fell off from the chair and her conscious mind was transiently jumped out from her brain because of fear and bewilderment.

She didn’t notice first how much time has passed. When her sense went back into her, she noticed she didn’t feel much pain rather than expected. She tried to pull up herself by supporting her weight on her palms on the floor and lifted her head a little from the position of her right cheek touching with the floor. She slowly turned her face to the front as she felt her nape was painfully tense with aching. She tilted her head side to side while she massaged her nape with one of her hands, relieving the muscle tensing.

Suddenly, she felt her lower lips was pulled into something warm and soft before it started to feel slight stingingly pain liked it was bitten by something. She confusedly opened her eyes to see what was happening and her eyes were widened in shock when she saw it was Min Ho lips which was pulling hers and biting her softly.

What the …….? Is he kissing her?

Her heart was beating wilding with the thought of him kissing her on the lips. Because it was the gesture of a man to the woman he loves. And strangely, besides her fast beating heart and her burning cheeks with whole body goose bumped she didn’t feel any negative feeling about him kissing her.

But when she continued staring at him, she noticed that he didn’t look like he was in his conscious mind and it didn’t feel like he was kissing her. He seemed he was eating something in his dream. Her wildly beating heart suddenly slowed down with the feeling of disappointment when she thought about someone.

“Of course… With his obsession on his nostalgic old flame, he won’t ever have any reasons to kiss her when he is in his right mind.”

“Wait…… Am I disappointed because he is not kissing me? Yah…… Park Shin Hye ….. Neo mi-cheo-seo? Why are you disappointed about it? Cham-na~~”

With that acrid thought, Shin Hye angrily pulled away her lips from his.

“Ahh…”

Shin Hye softly groaned in pain when he used a bit of stronger force on biting her lips in between his as if he refused to let her go.

After hearing her painful groan, his eyes slowly opened and blankly stared back at her confused and shocking gaze, still didn’t seem realizing his action. Then, he slowly shifted his stared downwards to their intertwined lips and his stupefying eyes were widened with shock. He abruptly released her lips and lifted his head from the floor all of a sudden and trying to get up with bewilderment, his forehead was slamming hard with Shin Hye’s forehead.

“Ahh…” Shin Hye caressed her forehead and whimpered with pain.

“Ahh……” Min Ho also caressed his forehead but he didn’t concentrate on his pain anymore when he saw Shin Hye’s forehead was started to red. “Are you ok? Come on, let me look.” He lifted his one hand to her forehead and removed her hand gently and the redness area with his palm.

“Ah, Orabeoni…… You shouldn’t get up without warning all of a sudden. Eomma yah…. It was really hurt and I start to felt dizzy now.” Shin Hye complained with pouted mouth while hitting his chest with blaming tone.

“Mia-ne….. Does it hard a lot?” Min Ho apologized with worried gaze.

“Hmmm…. But I think it’ll be fine after a while.”

For that short moment, both of them temporarily forgot about their intimating position and the events of their lips were intertwined just one minute ago. But, when their eyes met with each other’s, the sudden awkwardness was heated up between them again with the earlier memory of that incident floating around in their minds.

Shin Hye blinked several times with awkwardness and tried to pull up from his chest when her rational mind could command her properly. Min Ho also cleared his throat to hide the uneasy embarrassment while helping her to get up as he also stood himself up on the floor.

After a moment of tensed silent, Min Ho started the conservation utterly. He had to explain her about his action on the earlier event. He didn’t want her to misunderstand him and misjudge him as a man who took advantage on her.

“Shin Hye yah…… about the earlier incident………”

“I know.” She cut him off in between making him confused and speechless at the same time.

Wait. She knew? How could she know when he didn’t say anything yet?

“You want to explain that you didn’t kiss me and didn’t intention to kiss me, don’t you?” She said with blank expression as if it didn’t affect her at all. “I’ve been working as a singer and though I’m not a full time actress, I’ve shot a lot of music video. I can clearly identify the expression of a man face whether he was kissing a girl or whether he was sleep-eating.”

Min Ho was amazed at her sudden change in expression in a short period of time. She was definitely awkward and shy while she was trying to pull herself up from him. But now, she talked to him blankly and unaffected expression as if she didn’t care about their earlier intimated condition at all. When he didn’t know how to reply her, he only nodded his head though he didn’t satisfy with this situation. But if someone asked him what the thing he couldn’t satisfy was, he didn’t have the answer either.

“Okay! So, things are cleared between us and didn’t have anything to misunderstand?” When she saw him nodded again with agreement, she smiled. “Then, let’s check the facts in the notebook and copy it quickly before they come back.”

Min Ho placed the notebook and opened it. He searched the files which was told to them and opened it. His expression became serious as he read the import and export lists of different kinds of illegal narcotic drugs with exact date and time. It was more useful than as he expected. With the thought of this, he really thanked Shin Hye. If it wasn’t her help, he couldn’t do it himself alone.

While Min Ho was checking the files in the notebook computer, Shin Hye stole a glance to him who was totally immersed in the notebook. Though she tried herself very hard to concentrate on the work they should do right now, she couldn’t ignore her curiosity about something. It was her biggest weakness.

“Ummm…. Orabeoni…” Shin Hye called him primly and when she saw Min Ho responded her with jerking his chin slightly without leaving his eyes on the notebook screen, she continued. “Can I ask you one thing?”

“Huh… What do you want to ask?” He allowed her while he copying all the file list he needed for the evidences.

“Earlier incident…… I know it was done saying. Noting is important and it was just an accident….” She quickly defended when Min Ho turned his head and looked at her with surprise. “…..I …… I just want to know one thing that …… earlier when you shortly out of your orientated mind and kissin…… no …… mistakenly doing that action with my lips, what kind of thing had you mistaken with my lips?”

After asking, Shin Hye stared at his side of the face attentively. She desperately wishing that let it wouldn't be the answer she hate to hear the most. Anything but not that one thing or to be exactly one person.... But, what if his answer was the actual one she hate to hear, what was she gonna do? Even with the thought, her feeling became acrid and sour.

Please not be her…..

Please not be her…….

“Candy.” Min Ho answered shortly, restraining himself not to reveal obviously embarrassed and burning red face. “A soft and sweet scented candy.”

Shin Hye grinned with satisfaction after hearing his answer. At the same time, she started to feel her face was burning hot and her heart was beating with rapid pace again. She was relieved that Min Ho was continued concentrating on the notebook and didn’t look at her right now. If not, she didn’t know how to explain him about her current shy expression and feeling. Actually, she herself didn’t know either……. Or yet to find out about it.

But, the fluttering atmosphere was suddenly disappeared when they heard the beeping sound of someone pressing the pass code of the door. They looked at each other with wide eyes. Luckily, Min Ho had just finished copying the file and he hid the USB stick in his chest pocket. Then, he held Shin Hye’s hand to stand along with him.

“What do we do?” Shin Hye mumbled herself while looking around the room, finding the solution to get rid of the man outside the door.

After deciding firmly on her own and encouraging herself, she grabbed the glass flower pot from the table with serious expression. At first, Min Ho was surprised at her action and about to stop her. But he changed his mind. She was right. They firstly needed to escape here. The other problems can wait as long as they are alive.

He also took the wooden statute on the book shelf and quickly walked to the door side and prepared to ambush.

When the door opened, only one person entered in secretive gait. When Min Ho recognized him, he shouted Shin Hye to stop the attack while he also barely stopped to hit him with the statue. Shin Hye held back quickly when she heard Min Ho protestation and looked at him confusedly only to understand when she heard Min Ho called him with a name.

“Seung Ho yah…”

The young boy was Yoon Seung Ho, the kid they searched and tried to help.

Yoon Seung Ho was startled by their actions and when he heard someone called him by name, he looked at the man with astonishment. He didn’t expect someone would call him with familiarly.

“Seon-sen-nim…. How are you…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter