Dinner with the royals

Royal lies [HIATUS]

Jeonghan awoke the next morning with butterflies in his stomach and Seungcheol on his mind. He could not forget the curve of the prince’s lips or the crinkle of his eyes and the thoughts were bringing up emotions that made him dizzy.

 

He had arranged yet another meeting with the prince, after only a day, but this time he was going to have dinner with his family. When he remembered that little fact the butterflies turned into nausea and Jeonghan weighed the idea of calling Seungcheol and cancel everything so he could just curl back up under his soft duvet and forget about the world. But imagining Seungcheol’s disappointed face if he cancelled everything almost tore his heart apart and he was sure he may actually cry if he ever saw it in real life, so he decided against the idea, instead he thought about his experience the previous day.

 

He had gotten home a lot later then he had expected the previous night and when he finally opened his front door his parents were waiting in the hall with stern, yet concerned expressions, after obviously being notified that he was coming by Chungae. He had sat down with them and told them everything.

 

And after a few light words, Jeonghan had left feeling better than expected. They had agreed that he could see Seungcheol, it was his happiness in the play after all, yet they had warned him that if anything happened it was out of their control. Surprisingly the only thing they said about his preference for boys was ‘we know’, which left Jeonghan questioning his ability to hide things, as he had kept the secret yesterday for about 5 hours and now his parents were telling him that his obsession with the prince was obvious.

 

Now Jeonghan had woken up he had the day to waste before the dinner that night and he spent as long as he could in bed. He needed the rest after the stressful day he had had yesterday, so after another 5 hours he pulled himself up and started to get ready.

 

He obviously had to wear a dress again today, but it would harder this time than the last. His formal clothed had hidden everything, not that he needed to hide from Seungcheol anymore, now it was his parents, but his sisters taste in dresses was very simple so basically every dress she owned was skimpy and would show everything he did and didn’t have.

 

Thankfully, after spending half an hour in his sister’s closet he found a long pink, flowing skirt and a white jumper that were not too formal, but formal enough. When Jeonghan put the clothes on he was once again reminded that he literally looked good in anything. In this particular outfit, he looked like an angel, all he needed to complete the look was a halo, but that would be inappropriate for dinner with the royals.

 

Jeonghan had just finished twisting his shoulder length, blonde hair into two small plaits when the doorbell rang. He got to the door faster than light to open it to a handsome as ever prince, who had insisted in personally escorting Jeonghan to the palace.

 

Seungcheol was wearing a suit and a smile. His hair was left hanging around his eyes, compared to the y slicked back style from the day before, but Jeonghan thought he looked just as good.

 

Whilst Jeonghan’s eyes roamed over Seungcheol’s body, Seungcheol’s eyes were doing the same to him. The blonde saw the prince’s eyes widen in appreciation as he admired Jeonghan’s angelic beauty and a grin fell upon his lips, replacing the soft smile.

 

‘How have you become more beautiful?’ he muttered, almost to himself and took Jeonghan’s arm in his, leading him out of the front door. Jeonghan just had time to call goodbye to his family before he was whisked away to the palace by his dream man, and almost left his troubles behind.

 

However, those troubles sprung right back to him as soon as he walked through the big oak doors of the prince’s residence. The place looked even bigger when he wasn’t surrounded by hundreds of women and though entry room was huge, the air still felt tight.

 

He was lead to a smaller banquet room than the room from the ceremony. It was thankfully empty when they walked in, giving him a few seconds to collect himself, but that was all he got as the leaders of his country entered elegantly barely seconds after them. He tried his best not to panic and bowed to them gracefully. The only thing stopping him from freaking out was the weight of Seungcheol’s palm on his waist, so he held onto that feeling as they all sat around a circular table.

 

‘So, Jeonghan, our son spoke greatly of you last night,’ his father spoke up as they had their meals placed in front of them, ‘we hope to get to know you as well, so to see if he was speaking truthfully.’

 

Jeonghan forced a smile onto his lips, matching the business like one of the kings. ‘Thank you sir, I hope to live up to your standards.’ He glanced over at Seungcheol, who grabbed his hand in reassurance.

 

‘I promise he is as great as I said, father.’ Seungcheol said as he looked towards his parents. Jeonghan’s eyes widened for the hundredth time in the past 2 days. He was about to correct Seungcheol’s words but he was too late.


The Queen spoke her first words of the evening. ‘What? He?’


Hahaha cliff hanger! Don't worry though. I have the next chapter completely planned and it was going to be one chapter but it was getting too long and it will take me about another week to write it, so... Sorry I have been gone so long, I actually had a social life and  have just gone back to college, so finding writing time is hard. Chapters should be up hopefully faster from now! Have a great day, thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting/upvoting, and sorry I am droaning on!

(P.S. If anyone wants to create a cover photo for this I would be really thankful, so please do and message me on my tumblr @thetruthofexo)