Accepting

Royal lies [HIATUS]

When they got to the main lounge, the King and Queen were sat comfortably on large chairs by a ornate fireplace, like a scene from a movie. They did not look so royal like this, just like ordinary, well rich ordinary, people. Of course Seungcheol had seen them like this before, but Jeonghan supposed he didn’t expect them to be this relaxed with him already. At least that is what Jeonghan was guessing went through his mind as Seungcheol’s eyes widened as soon as he saw his parents lounging next to the fire.

 

When Seungcheol’s father saw them, he waved them over. Jeonghan didn’t quite know where to go, so he was glad that he was with Seungcheol who lead him in front of the warm, but not quite burning fire, to face the rulers of his country.

 

Jeonghan could feel the nervousness shot through his veins, making his form rigid and out of place in a room with 3 relaxed people, which he found when he looked at Seungcheol, who was gazing at him like he had no care in the world. The prince send him a warm smile, which he attempted and failed to send back.

 

He was about to bow and apologise for his wrong doings, however it was just as the King raised his hand and silenced his upcoming words. The man gave a look to his wife, who nodded at him before moving her gaze to the pair, and the King straightened a little.

 

‘You must be shocked to see us in this state.’ he spoke out after a moment, his voice smoother and warmer than what he had heard before. ‘You see, we don’t really care about the way you see us now, as you will be seeing us like this a lot in the future and we want you to understand that you can be comfortable around us.’

 

Jeonghan was about to speak again to question the man’s words, but the older man gave him a look that wasn’t quite stern, but still made him keep his mouth closed. The King was talking and he must listen. He saw Seungcheol’s lips quirk into a smirk out of the corner of his eye and even more questions flooded his brain.

 

‘You are probably wondering what I mean, so let me put it simply. If you are my son’s lover and if you two are serious about your relationship then you will be expected to move into the palace.’ Jeonghan’s eyes were widening with every word the king said and he tried his hardest to keep his mouth from dropping wide open.

 

‘We have known about the prince’s uality for a few years ago, ever since the sweet boy, Jihoon, informed us that you had been checking him out around 3 years ago. Obviously, you are over him now though.’ It was the Queen speaking this time and Seungcheol’s smug look was wiped off his face and replaced with a blush. ‘Don’t be surprised, dear. You know that we pay him to tell us what you are up to, plus some other duties. We were bound to know about your supposedly hidden desires.’

 

‘Though we did hope you liked women as well, which is why we continuously tried to find you a wife, just for the sake of an heir. Though that clearly won’t be happening by you. Thankfully we still have your younger brother, who we know for a fact likes females, from what we have heard from his scandals. You shall still be the kings next, but his children will be the heir after you, so you can stop worrying.’ It was his father this time; by the end of the speech they were both stood stock still, the only movement was their growing smiles of realisation. ‘I have to add though, that was quite a royal lie you were telling there, you should have just told us.’ He said with a smile.

 

Seungcheol unfroze then to pounce on his parents one by one and hug them so tightly that Jeonghan thought Seungcheol would be king sooner than expected. Jeonghan however, keeping his respect, just smiled and bowed in thanks.

 

When the prince released his parents they spoke once again.

‘Jeonghan, dear.’ His mother said as she moved over to him and took his hand to lead him to the table in the centre of the room so they could sit. ‘You will of course need the proper training if you are going to sit on a throne beside my son. At least you already have a bit of training from being heir of a noble, but obviously they are very different roles. We have sent word to your parents of this occurrence, so no need to worry about telling them.’ She smiled softly, before she spoke her next words. ‘Oh, and dear, please look after my son, he is not just valuable to the country, but to us too. We are not bad parents like many people think. He needs someone by his side, he has been lonely for too long.’

 

They both looked over at Seungcheol, who was talking with his father, with different love b in their eyes, the love for a son, and the love of a partner.

 

~

 

When they finally left the lounge, they were both grinning brightly, after having talked about their bright future for about an hour. Seungcheol’s parents had welcomed Jeonghan with open arms, quite literally as they hugged Jeonghan as he left with Seungcheol who was taking him home. They walked through the gardens hand in hand, smiling at each other like they had been in love for years and not a few short days.

 

‘When my sister finds out her clothes are ruined she is going to kill me.’ Jeonghan joked heartily, his mood fully lifted after the day he had just gone through. Seungcheol chuckled along with Jeonghan and swung their hands like he was a child with a first crush.

 

‘I can buy a new one for her.’

 

‘Be prepared to keep your word.’ They both laughed.

 

When they reached the car waiting for them, Seungcheol opened Jeonghan’s door for him and Jeonghan mockingly complimented his gentleman like personality. Seungcheol slipped in beside him and immediately gripped his hand again like a lifeline.

 

As they drove Jeonghan stared out of the window and up at the now dark sky. The clouds had completely cleared and surprisingly the stars were visible, even when they were so close to the urban capital city. He looked over to Seungcheol, who was staring at him instead of the stars, like Jeonghan was a star himself. As Jeonghan stared back something occurred to him that he was supposed to ask earlier.

 

‘Hey,’ Seungcheol blinked out of the daze he was in and nodded. ‘Why were you so comfortable and even smirking earlier?’ Seungcheol grin was as bright as the stars in the sky.

 

‘I knew they would say yes. As soon as I saw their faces I knew what they were going to say. Though admittedly, I had no idea they knew about my uality, which is why I got really shocked back there.’ Jeonghan just shook his head and patted Seungcheol’s hand in response, then went back to staring at the sky.

 

Seungcheol spend the next few minutes admiring Jeonghan’s beauty for the next few minutes before they pulled up outside of Jeonghan’s apartment. They both exited the car, that waited with its engines still running, waiting for a quick return from the prince, who was walking Jeonghan to his door.

 

They stood and looked at each other for a second before both leaning forward and lightly pressing their lips together, knowing that the driver and Jeonghan’s family could be watching so they couldn’t take it deeper. After pulling away, Seungcheol took Jeonghan’s hand and kissed his palm, before hugging him and whispering his love, and a small message in the smaller boys ear. He reluctantly dropped Jeonghan’s hand and walked backwards toward the parked car behind him, not wanting to take his eyes off his lover.

 

Only when his back hit the car did he turn away and get in. Jeonghan knew that Seungcheol was watching him through the tinted window as the car drove away. He silently entered his house smiling softly with Seungcheol’s whispered words floating around his brain.


‘Meet me tomorrow, I love you.’


A/N: Sorry for being really late with updating, but I was writing my meanie fic that you can subscribe to here > http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1176890/guard-my-heart-it-belongs-to-you-fluff-mingyu-meanie-wonwoo-bodyguardau. Also this is one of the last chapters, just to let you know. Thanks for reading! Please subscribe, comment and upvote! Love you all! <3