Oppa

Royal lies [HIATUS]

Seungcheol heard a squeak behind him and turned immediately to see Jeonghan, fully dressed, with a hand covering her eyes. It was then that it occurred to him that he didn’t have a top on, so he blushed wildly and threw it over his head as fast as he could. He coughed quietly to notify her that he was decent, and her hand came down slowly to reveal her own flushed face.

 

The clothes she had borrowed looked good on her, and she somehow got more beautiful in his eyes. Which was basically impossible and she was the most beautiful person he had laid said eyes on.

 

Both of them stood looking at each other awkwardly, the relaxed atmosphere from earlier having totally disappeared. She muttered an apology quietly and Seungcheol replied with a nod. He watched her shuffle a little, she was still holding her folded up hanbok, so he moved towards her and carefully took it from her and placed it on a nearby table.

 

‘I will have it returned to your residence.’ Seungcheol spoke softly, then reached towards her hand to pull her back out of his rooms. They somehow didn’t pass anyone on the way out of the palace, apart from Jihoon, who was still looking at them like they were criminals. The next person they met was the guardsmen at the doors who insisted they supervised them round the garden, before Seungcheol declined their request. They managed to make into the gate without anyone stopping them, but when they got to the gate they were once again stopped by guards.

 

‘Sire, are you planning on leaving the palace grounds?’ one of them asked uncertainly. Seungcheol nodded once and gestured for them to move aside but the guards didn’t budge. ‘I really don’t think that’s wise, your majesty. What if your recognised? Shouldn’t you take guards to assist you?’

 

‘We will be fine.’ Seungcheol said calmly, ‘I will call for help if I have to. Now could you please let us out?’ And with that and a concerned look the guards finally moved to the sides and let them through.

 

‘I didn’t think there would be so many barriers today.’ Seungcheol joked, and Jeonghan smiled, reminding him of her beauty. Stunned again as he was he carried on walking through the surprisingly empty street. Clearly people had been warned away for the safety of the women who had attended the ceremony but Seungcheol pushed the thought away and carried on walking.

 

‘I am really sorry about earlier,’ Jeonghan said in a quiet voice, ‘I presumed you would be changed as I was in there for quite a while, but I thought wrong.’ She ended with a small bow. Truthfully, the reason Seungcheol had taken so long to get changed was because sat down and panicked for 5 minutes before getting himself together again. However, instead of telling her that he only said it was okay and that he was sorry too for not being prepared.

 

They walked on further. Down the same side path that Seungcheol traveled down only the previous day, that lead to the same park that he had first seen Jeonghan in. He looked over to her and when they got to the end of the side path and on to the pebbles of the park path, he was her face brighten.

 

‘I know this park!’ she proclaimed excitedly, ‘I come here all the time.’ Seungcheol smiled at her happy mood and decided to reveal why he chose her at the ceremony.

 

‘Truthfully,’ he started nervously, Jeonghan’s attention focused on him and he tried to talk as calmly as possible when he said his next words. ‘It was here when I first saw you. It was only yesterday but I feel like I have been seeing your face forever…’

 

Jeonghan turned to him fulls as they came to a stop and let out a sound of surprise and understanding. ‘I knew someone was looking at me!’ she sang happily like she had just solved a crime and Seungcheol’s smile grew as he gained more confidence.

 

‘I thought you were the most beautiful person ever and I still do think that.’ Both of their faces flushed pink. ‘And when I saw you at the ceremony I immediately knew it was you so I chose you without thinking of anybody else. And it turns out that I… I really like you…’ He ducked his heads at his last words and Jeonghan gasped softly. had just opened slightly as if to speak before a shout was heard from across the park.

 

‘Oppa? Oppa! Is that you? Oppa, where have you been?’ a petite girl was walking towards where they were stood and Seungcheol saw Jeonghan’s eyes widen before she ducked her head. ‘Oppa, who are you with?’

 

Seungcheol looked between the two with confusion clamming up his head. He tapped Jeonghan on her shoulder and she reluctantly lifted her head to look at him. Her eyes were wide and her cheeks red, almost distracting Seungcheol with her beauty but he shook it away. ‘Do you know her?’ he voiced. Jeonghan did not answer and it seemed as if she had turned into a beautiful stone statue.

 

The girl had stopped shouting as she got closer to them and saw who Jeonghan was with. Seungcheol heard her mutter ‘Oh no’ before her eyes, like Jeonghan’s, widened and her face went an impressive shade of red. Her and Jeonghan were staring at each other in horror before looking to him simultaneously. And that's when it clicked.

 

‘Was she just calling you Oppa?’ his voice trembled and his eyes widened just like theirs. ‘Is there something you’re not telling me?’ he turned to Jeonghan, whose head had once more lowered, but was raised just enough for Seungcheol to see tears forming in her eyes.

 

‘Look, I-I can explain…’ Jonghan started weakly before trailing off to silence and the droplets of water started falling down her pale cheeks.

 

‘Are you a boy?’ Seungcheol felt oddly calm as if he was staring into the face of a lion without fear. Because truthly it all made sense. He had not known Jeonghan’s gender when she, or he, passed him in the park and presumed sh-he was a girl when he saw Jeonghan at the ceremony. But then there were little hints that Seungcheol was ignoring, like how Jeonghan’s voice had cracked a few times, and she had blamed it on a cold, or how the clothes Seungcheol let ‘her’ looked almost too good on her. He had just thought it was the boyfriend clothes feeling but now he understood. And he did find it strange that he was attracted to Jeonghan as a girl, as he had never felt anything towards a girl before, always having had small secret crushes on attractive male staff members at the palace.

 

‘You probably hate me now, right?’ Jeonghan said through his tears and out of nowhere Seungcheol’s arms wrapped themselves around his body and pulled him gently to his chest. He might regret this later, but right now he didn’t care that he was in the middle of a park with at least one confirmed person staring at them. He also didn’t care that this might cause problems for both of them. He only cared about Jeonghan’s soft body in his arms and how much pain it brought to his heart to see him cry.


A/N: Hi! Sorry for the wait, but here is the reveal, not what you expected right? Anyways thanks for all the subs and upvotes, I totally love you all! I don't know how often I will update now, because from this point forwards I have no chapters written, but I will try to update at least once a week. Again, thanks for the support and see you next time!