The one?

Royal lies [HIATUS]

Seungcheol could hear everything through the door he was stood behind, and he was shaking with nerves as he thought he might actually find someone. As soon as he heard his father introduce him, he straightened up and opened the door to see over a hundred faces staring at him expectantly. Pushing away his nerves he bowed to the women, before moving to stand next his parents who proceeded to officially announced the ceremony to have started.

 

And so, Seungcheol made his way slowly down the line of women where he looked carefully at each of them as he walked. He was around half way down when he spotted a familiar face and nearly stopped in surprise, it was the stranger from the park yesterday. His mind immediately blurred, only clearing to compare the image of her now and from the day before. She was beautiful as ever and as he continued to walk down the line, he could not focus on any of the women’s eager faces.

 

As soon as he reached the end of the line he quickly turned and made his way back up, pausing for a split second in front of the beautiful woman, wanting to see her for longer. When the woman realised he had been staring intently at her, she blushed and ducked her head, looking up at him through her lashes.

 

He once again carried on down the line, images of the woman’s adorable flushed cheeks and soft red lips flashing through his mind. He wanted to look into her eyes again, and he immediately knew who he was going to choose.

 

When he got back to his father’s side, the king asked if he had seen anyone he liked. When he gave a nod, a wave of soft gasps were heard, and he was directed to go to the woman he had chosen and formally introduce himself. Once again he made his way down the line, only looking at one woman.

 

The head of each woman he passed dropped in disappointment, until he reached the beauty, whose head was still lowered. As soon as he stopped and faced her, gasps were heard again and lined eyes turned to glare at or inspect the chosen woman. The women around her shuffled to the sides and the beauties head shot up. Her face was apple red and her eyes widened. It almost looked like she was going to shake her head, but his decision was made.

 

He bowed before her and she reluctantly did the same. Seungcheol held out his palm and she slowly placed her own palm on his, then, still bowed, he kissed her hand and spoke the ever practised words, with strained ease, ‘Hello, I am Choi Seungcheol. And you are...?’


A/N: Sorry its short but I have a really long chapter to make up for it tomorrow!