Awkward changes

Royal lies [HIATUS]

When they arrived back at the castle they were both still soaked and Jihoon was waiting for them by the entrance with the darkest expression Seungcheol had ever seen on his friends face.

 

‘You have been gone for 2 hours!’ the prince winced at Jihoon’s sharp voice and prepared himself for the longest rant ever. However, Jihoon just continued to glare at them and Seungcheol could see he was holding back. The smaller male’s hands clenched and he took a deep breath before he managed to compose himself.

 

‘Your parents instructed me to tell you to get changed and meet them in the main lounge at 8. You have 20 minutes. Go.’ And with that he stiffly turned and headed down one of the hallways. Just before they could ascend the stairs they heard a door bang loudly. Seungcheol hoped he didn’t break it, as he was still only a staff member even if he did act like more.

 

They made their way upstairs and through the hallways to his room, just like the previous day, apart from today they were trailing water and mud patches behind them. The cleaning staff would have a break down.

 

He went straight to his closet after they entered the room and came back a minute later with two suits. Jeonghan looked at him in confusion and he explained that he didn’t exactly have to pretend to be a girl anymore, and that he didn’t have any dresses anyway.

 

‘I suppose… So, should I go change in there again or are you going in there?’ Jeonghan asked innocently.

 

‘Erm…’ Seungcheol started, his cheeks reddening as the seconds passed. ‘I was thinking that we could both just get changed in here…’ Jeonghan blushed deep red. ‘I mean there’s nothing to hide really, last time it was only because I thought you were a girl and we can turn our backs. It’s just that it’s small in there and…’

 

‘It’s fine we can just stay in here. I’ll just be here…’ he stood awkwardly and took the clothes off Seungcheol.

 

‘Erm, they should fit you, it’s from a few years ago and you're a bit smaller than me so…’

 

‘Thank you.’ They both stood for a second, thinking this was the awkwardest moment of their entire existence. Seungcheol moved away first, into the corner of the large room and started slipping his jacket off. Jeonghan quickly turned and pulled the jumper off revealing his bare chest. Without thinking he slipped his skirt off as well, leaving himself nearly completely bare aside for his boxers. At that moment Seungcheol accidentally looked behind him and saw Jeonghan standing in just his boxer shorts. He didn’t know whether to cry or laugh.

 

When a strange whine left his lips, Jeonghan looked over his shoulder to see Seungcheol standing in new dress pants staring at him with wide eyes. Jeonghan yelped and attempted to cover himself with the shirt he had in his hands, in which he was unfortunately unsuccessful, as his shirt slipped through his fingers in his shock and left him standing stock still with Seungcheol’s eyes still unconsciously. He cleared his throat hesitantly and the prince finally snapped out of his trance with a jump. He covered his eyes and turned around, a rush of apologies falling from his mouth.

 

Jeonghan quickly threw his clothes on before Seungcheol could see again, and when he turned back around he saw Seungcheol dressed, facing the wall with his palms pressed against his eyelids, as if his life depended on his eyes staying tightly closed.  

 

‘You can look now…’ Seungcheol turned slowly and peeked through his fingers, finally removing his hands from his face when he saw that Jeonghan was fully dressed. He wanted to voice how good he looked in his suit, but his voice stuck in his throat in embarrassment.

 

‘So,’ Jeonghan started, breaking the tense atmosphere, ‘did you like what you saw?’ He winked at the prince and flicked his hair. Instead of brightening the mood, Seungcheol looked like he wanted to cry. ‘I… It’s okay, I mean it’s like you said we have nothing to hide and I agreed to getting changed in here and I saw you topless twice, so were equal.’

 

Seungcheol looked up from the floor and instead of speaking he crossed the room, took Jeonghan’s face in his palms and gave him such a passionate kiss that it knocked the breath out of him. They broke apart after a few moments. Seungcheol’s eyes were shining brightly and gazing deeply into Jeonghan’s own eyes, like so many times before. ‘You’re beautiful.’

 

Jeonghan blushed impossibly deeper.

 

‘Plus, I realized that you of course would be wearing male underwear and not lingere, so I guess that’s a relief.’ Seen as the prince was making jokes now Jeonghan smiled brightly before looking over to the large clock hanging from his lover’s wall.


‘Hey, we should go we only have a minute to get down there.’ Seungcheol quickly kissed Jeonghan again before pulling him out of the room and to their impending future.


A/N: lol sorry I have been gone for so long, I had really bad authors block and I was writing my new meanie fic (its a really long one shot so it won't be up for ages). Anyways sorry again! I seriously have al of this planned I just couldn't write. Sorry if half of this chapter is bad, I was just writing whatever and I wasn't really into it at the start of the chapter but oh well. I will try updating faster from now on! Love you all and thanks for reading.