Park promises

Royal lies [HIATUS]

Jeonghan felt warm arms wrap around his waist and without hesitation he fell into the embrace, sobbing into the prince’s shirt. He knew that he should pull away and apologise and leave and never face him again, but Seungcheol’s body was just so comforting and the fact he was hugging him must mean that he hopefully didn’t hate him. Or maybe he was just being nice.

 

After a few minutes Jeonghan managed to pull himself together and realised that he was still clinging to the prince with his sister standing silently to the side watching them in shock. He slightly pulled away from the prince’s warmth and managed to build up the courage to look the prince in the eyes. He expected to see Seungcheol’s usually soft eyes sharply glaring down at him and wishing for his death, but instead he was greeted with a caring gaze, one identical to the one he wore whilst giving his confession. And so like normal, Jeonghan blushed and ducked his head under the prince’s gaze.

 

He heard a chuckle come from above him followed by a deep voice. ‘How could I hate someone so perfect?’ Seungcheol cupped Jeonghan’s cheek and lifted his face to face his. The moment was so perfectly awkward, their bodies were still pressed together and the park was silent aside from the rustling of petals in the breeze. Jeonghan could still feel Chungae’s gaze upon them when Seungcheol’s lips met his forehead and Jeonghan went the colour of a rose...

 

The rose was crushed along with the moment, as Chungae decided to let out an excited screech and then proceed to grab their arms to literally shake them out of the moment so she could get attention like always.

 

‘So does this mean you’re dating?! OMG when you get married I am being the maid of honor! Seriously you guys are so cute! I can’t wait to tell everyone!.’ The boy's’ eyes widened comically before they both whisper shouted ‘NO!’. Nobody could find out about this yet as it was even new to them, they couldn’t have the entire country knowing about the prince’s new BOYFRIEND.

 

And so they ended up making a pact, none of them say a word to anyone about Jeonghan’s gender and they try and find a way to keep the news of the ceremony as quiet as possible. Chungae looked a bit down about the promise, seeing no profit for her within it, but she cared about her brother so she agreed. With a sulk she went her own way back to their mansion and Jeonghan and Seungcheol started to quietly make their way back to the palace together, from which Jeonghan would be escorted back to his house to avoid suspicion.

 

On the way back the prince grabbed his hand gently and Jeonghan softly questioned him as to why he was okay with everything, and at that point Seungcheol pulled them to a stop once again. They were in the allyway that lead back to the palace gates, the world was quiet so in the silence of the evening Seungcheol kept his voice low to avoid being heard by unwelcome ears.

 

‘Oh…’ he muttered awkwardly and his face flushed, ‘Well, you see… I’m… I think… I’m kind of… Gay.’ he finally managed to mumble out and Jeonghan couldn’t help but giggle and pat the prince’s cheek cutely.

 

‘Sorry, but I kind of realise now… It’s okay though obviously, because so am I!’ He smiled brightly at Seungcheol’s shocked expression. The awkwardness was gone once again and Seungcheol hit Jeonghan’s arm lightly.


‘You shouldn’t laugh at people you know, it’s mean.’ despite his words he started laughing too and their route back to the palace was left seeming more alive and glowing because of their soft laughter and bright smiles. Today was a beautiful day.


A/N: HERE I AM A WEEK LATER AS PROMISED!  SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT AND RUSHED BUT YOU COULD COUNT THIS AS A LATE CELEBRATION FOR 1 YEAR WITH SEVENTEEN AND ALSO FOR MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW WHEN I AM TURNING 17! Enjoy! I shall be back next week again hopefully but I am busy still with after exam celebrations so I will write it when I can! Until next time!