"Date"...?

Royal lies [HIATUS]

Jeonghan was totally hyperventilating. He had been shocked when the prince has paused momentarily by him, but now he thought he was going to faint. The prince had just kissed his hand and asked his name, not to mention all 200 people in the room had their eyes on him, women and guards alike. His skin tingled where the prince’s soft lips touched and in the corner of his eye he could see the royal inspecting him fully, and he had never before felt so overwhelmed, he thought he might faint.

 

This was totally not meant to happen, he was going to die right there, or later when they found out. He was definitely going to die at some point, he could feel it. Or maybe that was just his bones weakening? Everyone was still staring at him as he was yet to talk, and his hand still lay in that of Prince Seungcheol. This was a fight or flight situation and he was close to taking like a bird and literally fly out of the room using his hanbok as wings. But, he was stronger than that. So, he decided after a long moment, he would fight. He was going to die either way.

 

He bowed his head once more and relayed his name to the prince with a hint of confidence. Seungcheol smiled and muttered ‘cute’ before turning to face his parents, Jeonghan’s hand still in his. ‘I have chosen.’ He announced and everyone clapped politely. A guard came to either side of the trembling Jeonghan and the handsome prince, and they were taken to a smaller room, with an old table set with cups and tea pots placed neatly on the surface, leaving everyone else behind to say their farewells.

 

 

Seungcheol lead Jeonghan to the small table and pulled the intricately carved chair out for him, before sitting himself at the other side. He poured tea for them both and Jeonghan almost protested as, being ranked lower than him, he should be the one pouring tea, but Seungcheol looked up at him the second his mouth opened and sent him a blinding smile, effectively halting his words.

 

They sat in silence sipping their tea until the silence got too awkward and Seungcheol cleared his throat in a clear message that they should talk. Their eyes met for a brief second before Jeonghan quickly diverted his gaze onto the patterns on his cup.

 

‘So…’ Seungcheol started hesitantly and Jeonghan’s eyes went reluctantly back to his face, ‘I guess we should know more about each other, seen as, you know, this is kind of a date of sorts… So, to start, how old are you?’ Jeonghan once again looked away from the prince as all his attention focused on him.

 

‘21,’ he said awkwardly ‘same as you.’

 

‘Oh, you knew that?’

 

‘Well, you are the prince…’ Seungcheol shrugged and nodded, he forgot sometimes that people knew a lot about him. The room went quiet again for a minute whilst one of them though of what to say.

 

Finally, Jeonghan spoke up, in a controlled voice, hiding the male gruffness. ‘What are your hobbies?’ he questioned, truly curious. In the time he had obsessed about Seungcheol he had always wondered about his personal life, so he figured he might as well use this horrible situation to his advantage.

 

Seungcheol took a second to this before he answered. ‘Well, I mostly make music, like write lyrics and stuff. I sing but I prefer rapping.’ He blushed at the last statement, embarrassed at sharing something so secret and not at all prince like. Jeonghan’s eyes widened once more before curving gracefully into an eye smile and he chuckled gleefully.

 

‘That’s brilliant!’ he exclaimed, ‘I sing myself, maybe we should do a collaboration.’ he joked, momentarily forgetting the huge problem about their new association. Seungcheol, laughed lightly along with him and in those seconds the mood lifted and they felt weightless.

 

Soon the laughter died down and left a relaxing environment in its place, they talked for about an hour more about their life and what they would do if they were not part of the families they were in, they both coincidentally wanted to be musicians and they agreed that they truly might make music together in the future. Throughout the whole conversation Jeonghan cleverly missed out the fact that he was male and even forgot himself for a time, until Seungcheol vaguely slipped it in as they had just finished all the tea.

 

‘I am sure my parents want us to go on many more dates so we can fall in loves, get married and have children, and seen as our time is over when is the next time I can see you? Without formalities of course.’ Jeonghan immediately snapped out of his relaxed state after the mention of having children and thoughts started swirling round his head, most of them about him coming out as a male and being beheaded, only for his head to be displayed above the castle with a sign hanging below saying ‘CROSSDRESSING AND GAYNESS IS WRONG’.

 

Seungcheol caught the sudden madness in his eyes and presumed Jeonghan had been scared by his words, but when asked what was wrong Jeonghan only shook his head and said he was available straight away. So with that Seungcheol offered to take him to the park, but suggested they change first. He promised Jeonghan that he could borrow some clothes, even though they were for males and they made their way secretly up to his room.

 

The whole way there Jeonghan thought of nothing but how to hide his gender from the other and how he would get out of this awfully wrong situation. He had only said that they could go out now as to stay away from his family for longer, who had by now found out that he was chosen. However, he did admittedly want to spent more time with Seungcheol, even if the situation was uncomfortable at best. So with that he tried to push the horrible thoughts away and focused on the night ahead.

 

Just as they were about to reach his room, Seungcheol started slowing down before halting completely about 5ft away from a door that Jeonghan presumed lead to his rooms. The prince turned slowly towards Jeonghan with a blush on his face and avoided his gaze as he pursed his lips, as if thinking.

‘Just so you know,’ he finally spoke, ‘I understand this is really weird, what with me being a boy and you being a girl.’ Jeonghan flushed and panicked again for a moment before calming himself down. ‘But like, yeah, this is my room and my clothes are here, so I will try not to be awkward, but the only girls who have ever come in here are my mother and the maids… Not like we are doing anything! We are only changing…’ he trailed off awkwardly, leaving them both to blush, when in reality there was nothing to worry about, aside from Seungcheol finding out about his male parts.

 

They once again turned towards the pale wooden door and were about to enter, just as the door swung open from the inside.

 

‘Finally, you make an appearance!’ a short man yelled accusingly, ‘Oh and you brought her…’ he quickly bowed politely before narrowing his eyes and zooming his vision in on Seungcheol. ‘You weren’t going to do anything, were you?’ They both flushed even darker and shook their head madly.

 

‘N-no, Jihoon! Actually, w-we were going t-to go for a-a walk…’ Seungcheol stuttered in embarrassment at the suggestion. ‘And I offered some of my clothes to her, because if we walk around like this,’ the gestured to their formal clothes, ‘we would be recognised.’ The words came out in a rushed stream, making them sound like a lie, however the man, Jihoon, just squinted at them suspiciously, but moved aside to let them through the big door leading to the prince’s rooms.

 

When they got inside and the door had swung closed behind them, Seungcheol let out a breath and slumped his shoulders after his ridged form he didn’t realise he was in. ‘I thought he was going to kill me.’ Seungcheol muttered in horror, Jeonghan sent him a questioning look but Seungcheol just shook his head and grabbed Jeonghan’s pale hand, pulling him to what he presumed was his closet.

 

When they entered Jeonghan was half surprised to see that the prince's closet was twice as big as his own, half because obviously he was a lot richer and royalty so he obviously has a lot more formal clothes than Jeonghan. But on the other hand Jeonghan was a bit of a collector so he had a whole range of clothes, most of which he didn’t even wear, so for the prince to have one twice the size, he doubted he had worn even half of this stuff. But at least it gave Jeonghan a wide selection to choose from that would partly cover his lie.

 

While Seungcheol went to a section of clothes that was obviously more used by him, Jeonghan went deeper into the closet to look through the shelves. He saw some things that he honestly thought should be burnt and he hoped the prince had never worn them, but he also saw a few items that he seriously considered stealing. Those items were unwearable at the current time though, as one of them was a new brand of tight leather pants, that would no doubt show everything down there that he wasn’t supposed to have. So instead he chose some looser hanging denim jeans with rips at the knees that he was sure would cover him. He also chose a red t-shirt that took no effort to hang off his as Seungcheol’s shoulders were broader than his.

When he had chosen his clothes he moved back to the prince, who was waiting calmly for him by the door. However, when Jeonghan reached him and nodded at him to show he had chosen clothes, Seungcheol’s calm facade broke and he turned into a stuttering, flushed pile of gloop.

‘S-so, like, w-we should pro-probably get changed in different rooms, because you know…’ he gave Jeonghan a pointed look that was rimmed with embarrassment.

 

When Jeonghan realised what he was talking about his eyes widened and he also flushed.

‘I will change in here’ he muttered softly before turning and waiting for Seungcheol to leave him in the brightly lit closet. Once he heard the door close he immediately started struggling out of his hanbok. It took him 5 minutes to finally slip out of it and he knew Seungcheol had probably already changed and was probably waiting for him. So as fast he could he jumped into his borrowed clothes, trying not to rip the light blue denim of the jeans more than it already was.

 

Once all his clothes were on he went and looked over at himself in the full length mirror. The jeans fit him a little too well, but his you know what wasn’t visible and the top was so big that you could barely see the stuffed, padded bra he was wearing in place of real s. He still had on his lightly applied makeup and small blue heel that matched his dress, so he still looked feminine enough to pass as a girl. Jeonghan smirked to himself I really do look good in anything he thought to himself, before he realised the prince was probably outside the door waiting.

 

So, he rushed to the door and swung it open to see Seungcheol’s bare tanned back facing towards him. He blushed wildly and let out a squeak as he threw a hand over his eyes. Sure they were getting along but he was not ready to see him half . This day was just getting progressively worse, yet better, and it was probably the most confusing day of Jeonghan’s whole life.


A/N: Here have this long ish chapter! I won't be updating for a few days because of exams, and I have only written half of the next chapter but i should be back by the weekend... But for now enjoy the awkwardness!