My Jealousy

Glass Heart

Yul opened his eyes when he heard a ruckus throughout the room. He lazily got up to check what the noise was and to his surprise he sees a female figure standing in the kitchen.

“Jessica?” He rubbed his eyes to try to get a better look at the girl.

“Oh Oppa, you are awake. Sorry I dropped my spoon on the floor.” The girl turned around and it was none other than Krystal Jung. Yul just stood there trying to comprehend why Krystal was in his kitchen in the first place.

“Krystal? Why are you in my apartment?”

“Your apartment? This is my Unnie’s apartment. Don’t tell me you don’t remember again.” She raised her voice at him.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Hyo and Taeng were trying to get Yul to admit or realize his feelings towards Jessica.

“Dude, what’s so wrong about like somebody. I am sure Tiffany would be happy to see you move on instead of sulking your life away missing her even when she is gone.” Taeng scolded.

“Yes I know that. But that somebody can’t be Tiffany’s sister. Even if they aren’t biologically related it is just plain weird.” Yul complained.

“I think you might be thinking about it too much. I am sure if Jessica didn’t like having you around because you dated her sister, she would have flat out said ‘get the hell away from me’ or something along those lines.” Hyo informed.

Yul and Taeng both gave Hyo an astonished look. Taeng shook his head. “Sica isn’t that mean. But she would have said something to you, like she is uncomfortable being around you. Something like that, more easily said.”

Yul groaned from having his two best friends lecture him for the past hour about Jessica. “Hand me more soju so I could drown out whatever you guys are saying to me.”

After there long talk and more drinking, Taeng sobered up and was able to drive both him and Yul home. Taeng was just going to talk him to his own house but Yul kept complaining that he wanted to see Jessica.

“Yul, stop moving. I’m dragging you up to your suit. Sica is most likely sleeping right now.” Taeng slung Yul’s arm across his shoulder to help support him.

“Nooooo… See Jess… Sica….” Yul mumbled.

“Damn this guy. If he really likes Jessica, why won’t he just say it?” Taeng dragged him to the elevator and Yul happened to push Jessica’s floor number. “Yul stop it!”

“I want Jeshika.~”

“Seriously.” Taeng groaned in protest but somebody had to take care of his drunken best friend. He knocked on Jessica’s door.

“Who is it?”

“Sica, it is me, Taeng. Yul is drunk and he refuses to go to my house and to his own apartment. He says he wants you.”

Jessica unlocked her door revealing the two guys. “What happened?”

“He just had too much to drink. I am sorry Sica for troubling you.”

“No no it’s okay.” Taeng entered her apartment. Taeng dragged Yul to the couch and threw up on to there.

Yul groaned from the impact but found himself getting comfortable on the couch. “Mmmm Jeshika’s couch~”

Both Taeng and Jessica looked at each other and Taeng just shrugged his shoulders, while she just sighed. “I will take care of him.”

“Thanks Sica. I am sorry for the trouble once again.” Taeng bid her goodnight leaving her apartment.

Jessica sighed again and sat herself on the coffee table watching the sleeping Yul. “What am I going to do with you?”

 

PRESENT

 

Yul sulked in his seat. “I am so pathetic.” Yul had recalled the events that led him to waking up in Jessica’s apartment again. “Taeng must be mad at me.”

Krystal walked over to dining table where Yul sat and placed a plate of American breakfast in front of him. “Unnie made it. She asked me to make sure you eat something and take some medicine before she left this morning.”

“Jessica isn’t here?”

“No, she left with Yoong earlier. Soo Oppa called asking to take her out for breakfast, so she agreed.”

“WHAT?! That again. Ah sorry Krystal, excuse my language.” Yul faked a cough trying to hide his embarrassment from having to say such vulgar language in front of the younger Jung.

“I don’t mind Oppa. You don’t like Soo Oppa though?” She cocked an eyebrow at him.

“His hands keep roaming around Jessica’s body. It makes me uncomfortable.” Yul pouted.

Krystal broke out into a laughing fit. “Are you jealous Oppa?!”

“No! Why does everybody think I am?!” Yul flared his arms in the air.

“Because, it sounds like jealousy Oppa, duh.” Krystal giggled.

“I can’t possibly like Jessica.” Yul shoved a piece of toast in his mouth.

“Why? Because she has Yoong?”

“No, I like having Yoong around.” He smiled when an image of Yoong smiling came into thought.

“Oh I know why. Because of Tiff Unnie.” Krystal and Yul both became quiet once Tiffany’s name came out in the conversation.

“Jessica is so beautiful. She is great mother to Yoong. I don’t ever want to see her cry, it makes me want to protect her with my life. Her smile is so perfect and when she says my name, it eases my thoughts. But some part of me feels like I am betraying Fany.” Yul looked down in contempt like he was committing a sin.

“Tiff Unnie would want you to be happy. Same goes for my sister. You both have been through a lot. I think you guys should at least try to find some happiness.”

“Wah so wise. How old are you again?” Yul let out a light chuckle.

“Yah Oppa. I’m 22.” Krystal pouted.

Yul and Krystal ate their breakfast and it was time for Yul to go back to his own apartment. He wanted to talk to Jessica but he was called in by his father to come to the office. Yul got ready putting on a sharp looking suit and proceeded to head down the apartment complex.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

Yul arrived at his office with his father standing hear the big window, looking out at Seoul’s landscapes.

“Hello father.” Yul did a 90 degree bow.

Mr. Kwon had a smile plastered on his face when he saw his son, “Hey son. How have you been?”

“Good father. I am working on a new project.”

“I just saw the mock-ups for it. The model is quite beautiful.” Mr. Kwon walked over to Yul’s desk looking at the sample photos of Jessica that she took yesterday.

“Yes she is. She is Tiffany’s sister.”

Mr. Kwon had a shocked expression. “I didn’t know Tiffany had a sister.”

“Well adoptive sister to be exact. She was living in America this whole time and just recently moved out here.”

“Ah I see.” Mr. Kwon nodded in response.

“Father.” Yul slowly approached his father and they both faced each other.

“What troubles you my son.” Mr. Kwon rested his hands on Yul’s shoulders, with a concerned expression on his face.

“I think I might like her. Like, like her, like her. Yeah know? But it feels wrong. It doesn’t feel right, like somehow, someway it seems like I am betraying Tiffany.”

“My son.” Mr. Kwon patted his son’s shoulders to try to calm his mind. “Tiffany was a great girl and a very understanding girl. If she is watching you from the heavens, I believe she would want you to genuinely smile again. And if Tiffany’s sister brings a smile on your face, then I don’t see any harm in that.”

An image of Jessica popped in Yul’s head and he unknowingly smiled and him smiling also but a smile of his father’s face.  Just then Yul’s intercom went off signaling for an incoming call. Yul went to answer it and it was his secretary.

“Hyung, you have a visitor?” Amber said through the intercom.

“If it is nobody important, tell them I am busy. My father is in my office right now.”

“Oh well it is Jessica Unnie.”

Yul’s heart beat fastened and he froze in his spot. He heard his father chuckle a bit.

“Hyung, you there? Should I tell her, you are busy?”

“No don’t! I uhh…” Yul looked at his father and his father nodded in response giving him the ‘okay’. “Tell her to come in.”

Yul’s heart beat was beating fast and he became nervous while his father was just standing right next to him. Mr. Kwon just smiled at him watching how his son sudden actions changed just by mentioning Jessica’s name. After a couple of minutes there was a knock at the door and Yul shouted for her to come in.

Jessica peaked her head through the door and when her full body entered the office, she bowed lightly. “Sorry for the disruption.”

“Sica? No, you’re fine.” Yul walked up to her and greeted her with a boy.

Jessica smiled at him and her eyes went to the man standing near Yul’s desk. She didn’t know him but he kind of looked like him.

“Hello. I am Yul’s father, Kwon Jiyong. It is nice to meet you Miss.”

“Hello, I’m Jessica Jung.”

“Yul mentioned you of being Tiffany’s sister.”

“Yes, that is correct. Adoptive sister to be exact.”

Jessica and Mr. Kwon shook hands and Yul thought it was nice that his father was being polite to Jessica.

“Sica, so what’s wrong? Is everything alright?”

“Ah everything is great. Yoong made this for you and asked me to bring it to you.” Jessica held a lunchbox. Yul was touched by the sudden gesture.

Yul took the lunchbox and placed it on his desk so he could open it. There inside the lunchbox was handmade rice balls. Some of it was falling apart but it showed effort in them. Next to them were rolled up egg omelet and kimichi. “I made the egg omelet and Yoong made the rice balls. He wanted to thank you for taking him to the park the other day.” Jessica added.

“Thanks. Thank you both.” Yul smiled at her and Jessica returned a smile to him. The two almost forgot the pair of eyes that were watching them.

He cleared his throat gaining the attention of the two. “Well son I will be heading out now. Again, Ms. Jessica it was nice meeting you.” Mr. Kwon bid them goodbye and left the office.

Jessica was still there and Yul didn’t know what else to say. “Yul?” Jessica gently grabbed his arm and stepped closer to him. She looked at him softly.

Yul tensed up at the contact of Jessica holding his arm and her having him close made him feel nervous. “Yes Sica?” He mumbled.

“I have to ask you a favor.”

“Anything.”

“Could you watch Yoong?”

Yul blinked his eyes. That’s what she wanted to ask me. She didn’t need to be so close to me. Gosh I am sweating. She makes me feel so nervous sometimes. “Of course Sica.” He stepped back a few steps to get some distance away from Jessica and he almost hit his desk.

Jessica gave him a wide smile. The smile that Yul grew to love was seen on her beautiful face. Jessica said goodbye to him so he could finish up work.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

Yul was dead tired but he was excited to spend some time with Yoong. He had already went up to Jessica’s place and was waiting patiently for her to open it.

The door flung open suddenly revealing an excited young boy. “Uncle Yul!” Yoong jumped right into Yul’s embrace. The action put Yul on alert and he caught Yoong in time.

“Hey. What is the rush?”

“I get to play with you.”

“Yeah, we get to spend time with one another” Yul chuckled and entered the apartment. “Where is your mom and aunt?”

“Aunty Krys is studying at a friend’s house and mommy is going out. I wanted to stay with Hyunnie but they went to Jeonju.”

Yul nodded his head and place Yoong on the couch.

“Yul are you here?” He heard Jessica call out from her room.

“Yes, I am.”

Jessica stepped out of the hallway revealing herself in a nice fitted white dress with her hair curled and tossed to the right side of her head so she could put on some earrings. Yul gawked at the ice princess’s beauty before him. He was literally star stricken. For a woman who already had given birth, her body was still nicely shaped and toned in that slim, tight white dress.

“W-Where are you going, Sica?” Yul couldn’t stop staring at the beautiful woman before him.

“Mommy is very pretty.” Yoong blurted out.

“Aw, thank you baby.” Jessica walked over to her soon, playing with some Legos on the coffee table and gave him a kiss on the head. “I have a date tonight. Thanks for agreeing to watch Yoong for me Yul.”

“DATE?! With who?” Yul was startled by this news.

“With Choi Soo.” She smiled back.

 

A/N: I am so sorry to my subscribers and readers who are reading this fanfic. I have had writer's block for a while and now I am getting back into my stories again. I had to reread the older chapters for this story to find out where I left off and remind myself where I wanted this story to go. Again, I am sorry. But I am going to start writing often now. I have also been busy with school all summer as well. So, on that note, here is the latest chapter. Tell me what you guys think. Do you think Yul will start realizing his feelings for Jessica soon because it seems like someone is trying to court her. LOL. Subscribe to be kept updated, upvote so I know you guys like this story, and comment so I could know your guy's thoughts. See you soon~

Also, if you guys are JeTi fans or are looking for another story to read by me, I started a JeTi story like three weeks ago called 'Roommate X'. If you guys are interested the link will be below. Check it out if you haven't already.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1173847/roommate-x-comedy-drama-jessica-jeti-romance-tiffany

-Allister