My Rival

Glass Heart

A/N: Waaahh I deeply apologize to my readers/subscribers. I didn't update last week at all because I was super busy. College is kicking my right now with finals, lol. I am sorry, please forgive me. So here is this week's update. I will try to update with two more chapters at least to make up for last week. Enjoy this chapter though. Buuut do you guys read my title's for each chapter? This chapter is titled 'My Rival', I wonder who could this rival be.

-Allister

 

Yul woke up sore and he noticed some weight on his chest. He groggily rubbed his eyes and slowly came too for reality. He looked down and found a lightly snoring boy on top off him that made him smile genuinely. The boy stirred in his sleep and Yul immediately pretended to be still sleeping.

Yoong yawned his sleepiness and looked around to see where he was at. He looked down and found himself on Yul. Uncle Yul? Why did I sleep here? He yawned again and gently got down from Yul. Yul peaked with one eye and watch Yoong disappear into the hallway. He chuckled and got up to stretch his muscles. He walked towards their kitchen to check what they had in the fridge. Yul wanted to cook them breakfast because last time Jessica cooked for him.

Jessica was sleeping soundly until she felt her bed shift in weight and somebody warming up her backside. She slowly turned around to find her boy sleeping next to her. She kissed his forehead and pulled him closer in her embrace and laid there. After minutes passed by she could smell the aroma of eggs frying in the air. She got up to see who could be cooking at this time because she sure knows that Krystal can’t cook, even if her life depended on it. She peaked through the hallway to find Yul standing over the stove. Damn this guy. Jessica approached him quietly and cleared to get his attention.

“Oh Jessica. Good morning.” Yul turned around and happily greeted her with a smile.

Jessica quickly looked down to hide the blush creeping on her face and immediately composed herself. “Good morning Yul. What are you doing?” She managed to say.

“I am cooking kimchi fried rice with a fried egg to top it off.” His eyes kept going back and forth to Jessica and the food to make sure he doesn’t burn it.

“Oh.” She nodded in agreement. “How is your face? Does it still hurt?” She brought her hand up to touch Yul’s cheek lightly.

Yul leaned his face closer to Jessica’s hand so she could cup it. “I am fine. Don’t worry about it. As long as you’re safe, that is all that matters.”

“Wah something smells great!” A voice startled the two and Jessica retracted her hand from Yul’s face and Yul focused back to cooking. Jessica’s had a flustered face and it didn’t go unnoticed by the girl who interrupted them. “Unnie! Oppa! What are you guys doing?” Krystal had a sly smile on her face.

“C-Cooking and she was checking if I am still alright.” Yul managed to say without stuttering so much.

Krystal nodded in agreement. “I am going to wake up Yoong.” Jessica said as she left her sister and Yul in the kitchen.

All four of them ate the breakfast that Yul made. It was surprising delicious because they had doubts if Yul could cook or not. Yul actually enjoyed cooking for himself and didn’t want any servants or chiefs to keep cooking for him just like how his childhood was. His parents always understood his independent-ness.

“Mommy can we go to that park?” Yoong politely asked Jessica as she was cleaning up the kitchen.

“I am sorry baby. I have work and aunty Krys has school soon.” Jessica gave him an apologetic smile and kissed the top of his head.

Yoong averted his eyes to the ground. He was a smart boy to understand that his mom and aunty were busy.

“I could take him.” Yul said out of the blue.

A wide smile was on Yoong’s face as he looked up to his uncle Yul. Jessica’s eyes widen. “Yul…”

“Don’t worry about it Jessica. I don’t have anything planned for today and I could watch him.”

Krystal headed off to her class while Jessica needed to go to work. Jessica worked at the Kim’s café as a server and cleaner.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoong sat quietly in the passenger’s seat of Yul’s car.

“To the park first, champ?” Yul asked breaking the silence.

“Yes please!” Yoong excitedly shouted.

Yul smiled. “You have great manners.”

“I learned it from mommy. She always says to be polite to older people because it is respectful.”

Yul chuckled. This kid is smart. Jessica did a great job raising him. “Okay. Let’s go to the park than after we could go to the café.” Yul ruffled Yoong’s hair and began to drive.

When they arrived at the park Yoong’s energy boosted up as he saw the playground. He wanted to leave the car right away to go play but Yul still needed to find parking. Yul managed to find parking and Yoong was quick enough to unbuckle his seatbelt and exit the car safely. He ran to the playground in the quickness and Yul just laughed the sight of an energetic kid. Yul settled himself on a nearby bench and kept his eyes on Yoong. He was happily playing with the other kids around him. He would even play some pranks on them, afterwards they would just laugh it off later on. Yul just chuckled at his antics.

“Oh my, is that your son. He is so handsome.” An older lady approached Yul in a conversation.

“Ah, no he isn’t. He is my nephew.” Yul grinned at the idea of calling him his nephew ever since the incident with the officer. He does call him ‘uncle’ so it didn’t bother Yul at all.

The lady nodded in response and left the conversation be. Yul was still curious who the dad is.

“Uncle Yul!” Yoong came up running to where Yul was.

“Hey champ. You ready?” Yul handed him a bottled water to replenish his energy. “Let’s head to the café to see your mom.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

They got to the Kim’s café and it was quite busy. Jessica was seen diligently taking orders and going back and forth to the kitchen.

“Mommy!” Yoong gained the attention of the hard working blonde.

Jessica was startled by the sudden outburst but was happy to see her boy widely smiling at her. “Hey honey. Did you have fun at the park?”

“Yes. Uncle Yul is the best!” He gave her a thumbs up.

Both Jessica and Yul chuckled at his response. “Thanks Yul. Sorry it’s so busy here. Find a seat and I will take your guy’s order in a bit.” Jessica smiled at him before she had to go back to the kitchen to get the food.

Yoong had already found a seat and guided Yul there. “What do you like here?” Yul curiously asked Yoong.

“I like the waffle with ice cream.” Yoong pointed at the picture of a Belgian waffle topped with a scoop of ice cream of his choice with a side of fruit.

“That looks delicious. Maybe I should get that too.” Yul and Yoong were smiling at each other like dorks.

“Hey you two, why are you guys smiling like that?” Jessica came to their table holding a pen and notepad and greeted them with a smile as well.

“Mommy! Me and Uncle Yul will have the waffle with ice cream. I want chocolate please.”

Jessica just nodded her head and chuckled as she wrote down two orders of the same dish. She looked at Yul and was about to ask what kind of flavor of ice cream he wants but he beat her to it.

“Vanilla for me.” He smiled at her.

Jessica blushed and she didn’t know why she was blushing in the first place. She quickly jotted it down and left the two boys. Yoong was playing the little games on the kid’s menu and Yul just watched it amusement. Jessica came back after 20 minutes with their desserts. Yoong was ecstatic about his food. Yul was enjoying his dessert in busy and his eyes were wandering wherever Jessica went. He silently observed her movements as she took down people’s orders, greeted them with that beautiful smile of hers, and even when she needed to tuck some strands of hairs behind her ears. He was completely mesmerized by the hard working ice princess. Jessica came out with a big order in her hands. She was carrying a very large tray that supported 4 dishes on it but she was able to make it to the correct table and delivery the food successfully. But to her surprise and to the guy who was constantly watching her, Jessica lost her footing when her legs gave in due to the over working moment she has been doing for the past couple of hours. Yul’s reflexed kicked in and he immediately got up to catch her if she were to fall, but his surprise and even to Jessica somebody had already s their hands securely around Jessica’s waist to support her from falling.

Who the ? Yul’s eyes widen at the hand that wasn’t his, that was around Jessica’s waist. His eyes went up to the person.

Oh, that was a close call. Oh my god, he is so charming. Jessica looked up to her savior and they happened to lock eyes together.

“Wow you’re gorgeous.” The person said which made Jessica’s face to redden.

Yul’s face darken once he heard that compliment. Who the are who and why is he still holding Jessica?! Yul clenched his fist and was about to say something but Jessica began to talk to him.

“Ah t-thank you. For the compliment and for saving me.” She said shyly.

“No problem, my name is Choi Soo.” He let go of Jessica so she could stand by herself and he held out his hand as a greeting.

“Jessica Jung.” She shook his hand to be polite but had to let go because Sunny started to call out to her to get the orders from the kitchen. She bowed and left the scene.

Soo watched Jessica as she disappeared behind the door that leads to the kitchen and his eyes averted to the guy who was intensely staring at him. He smiled at him and took out his hand again. “You are Kwon Yul the CEO of Kwon Enterprise. My name is Choi Soo. You were about to grab Ms. Jung but it looks like I beat you to it.” He chuckled at him.

Is he mocking me right now? Yul didn’t want to be rude because it was unprofessional of him, so he firmly took Soo’s hand and shook it lightly. “Pleasure to meet you Mr. Choi.”

“Likewise. Well I must take my leave now. I have a feeling we might see each other soon though.”  Soo smirked.

“I highly doubt it.” Yul stated confidently.

Soo just chuckled and grabbed his blazer from his seat and went to the cash register to pay his bill.

Hmph, who does this guy think he is.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day in Yul’s office, Yul was massaging his temple to help ease his headache that was slowly forming. He stared at the guy sitting across from him in front of his desk.

“See, I told you we would see each other again Mr. Kwon.” Choi Soo, the guy who had the nerve to hold Jessica and mock Yul in the face was sitting right in front of him.

“You. You are the Asia’s famous photographer?” Yul had a dissatisfying look.

“Yeah, the best. Choi Soo, the photographer at your service.” Soo grinned at him. “As you should know that you already agreed to this project for advertisement. Might I remember that I, the photographer choose the model. If you don’t like my model or my work, I will cancel the agreement but you will lose money on your end.”

Yul groaned in protest. He wanted to fire this guy right away as soon as he saw him but he can’t afford to do that. He was the best in the country, so he needed to trust this guy’s professionalism. “Yes I remember. Do what you must.” Yul motioned his hand to shoo him away and to leave his office.

As soon as Soo left, Yul crossed his arms to his chest and huffed out. “I hate that guy.”

Afterwards he heard a knock on his door and called out for them to come in. Amber, his secretary stepped into Yul’s office. “Hey Hyung. Here is what I got for you today.” Amber handed him some folders filled with documents for Yul to sort out.

“Do you know a lot about Choi Soo?” Yul even groaned just saying his name.

“I know that he is the best of the best right now. A lot of companies like his work and the model’s he always chooses are goddess like. The model he chose for our project has never modeled before so some of the staff have some doubts but she is indeed beautiful. She is my friend’s older sister.” Amber gave a light smile.

“Goddess like, huh? Whatever. Wait, friend? Who’s your friend Amber?”

“Her name is Krystal Jung. Her older sister’s name is Jessica Jung and Mr. Choi has asked her to be his model for the project.”

“WHAT?!” Yul got up from his seat suddenly which startled Amber. “Where is the advertisement shoot at?

“Uh, it’s on the fourth floor in one of the conference rooms.” Amber didn’t understand why Yul cause an outburst like that. He watched as his boss stormed out of his office in a flash. Does Hyung know Jessica Unnie?

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Yul ran to the conference where the photoshoot was being held. There were a lot of staff in the room that all greeted him with a bow. There she was, sitting on a prop chair wearing a pure white dress that hugged her body beautifully. Her hair was shiny with curled tips to completely her hairstyle and her smile was so captivating. The spotlights around her were making her glow. Everybody was in awe as Jessica listened to Soo’s instructions for different poses and even facial expressions. She was behind beautiful in Yul’s eyes. He was speechless as he watched Jessica model right in front of him.

“Okay, let’s take a break.” Soo called out. “Change into the next outfit okay, Jessica.”

“Yes.” Jessica replied. One of the stylist guided her off the shoot and her eyes meet with Yul’s. “Oh Yul. Hey, aren’t you busy.”

Yul cleared his throat. “Y-Yes, but I came to see how you were doing. I didn’t know that you were the model that Mr. Choi choose for my project.”

“Ah he said he told you though.”

That bastard. No he didn’t. “Y-You look amazingly beautiful.”

“Thank you.” Jessica faced the ground to hide her blushing.

“Jessica, are you ready? Oh Mr. Kwon, hello again. What brings you here to my shoot?” Soo came in between them and he had a smug looked on his face which bothered Yul to the full extent.

How dare he get all comfortable with her and call her by her first name. “I just came to see how Jessica was doing.”

“She is awesome. She is in great hands.” Soo reached around Jessica’s shoulder and placed it there.

Yul looked at his movements intently which caused his blood to boil. He is totally mocking me again. “Well it looks like to be the truth. Please excuse me, I must head to my office now.” Yul straighten up his suit and look towards Jessica. “I will see you later Jessica.” He gave her small smile and left the conference room. He didn’t even bid Soo a goodbye because he really didn’t like him.

After long hours of work Yul was finally done. It was already passed midnight and he was dead tired. He left his building and drove home. The sight before caused him to brake really hard. There in front of the apartment building late in the night stood Soo and Jessica. Yul gripped his steering wheel tightly and glued his eyes on the two people before him.

“Thank you for taking me home.” Jessica nicely said.

“It is not a problem. There is no way I am going to let a pretty girl like you take the bus this late at night. Besides it is my fault for keeping you so late.” Soo replied.

“Thank you for this opportunity. I didn’t know I could model like that.” She lightly chuckled at her own remark. She averted her eyes to the ground.

Soo smiled and lightly placed his finger underneath her chin to lift it up. He made her look up to him and he smiled at her. “You’re beautiful Jessica Jung. Have some confidence in yourself. You should go up now, it is late. Good night.” Soo let her go and he walked back to his car and drove away.

Jessica was still seen standing outside fanning herself with her hand trying to cool down the heat that rose to her cheeks. Confidence? Okay, maybe I could do that. After she had calmed down, she walked inside the apartment building.

Yul was just in his car dumbfounded about that whole scene he just saw. He was speechless but his thoughts were everywhere. Since he was in the car in didn’t hear the conversation. That guy! He touched her. Why did he touch her?! What were they talking about?! Why does she look happy?! Why? Why?! WHY?! Yul ruffled his hair messily trying to grasp what just happened between Soo and Jessica.

Yul drove away. He didn’t want to be home knowing that Jessica was living on the floor beneath his. He drove to the place that he always goes when his mind is troubled, Hyo’s bar. He stormed into the club with the blasting music and made his way to the bar to settle himself on a bar stool. He banged his head on the counter gaining the attention of the person he wanted to talk to in the first place.

“Yul don’t do that. You could really hurt yourself.” Hyo approached his troubled best friend.

Yul looked up lazily. “Do you know a guy named Choi Soo?”

Hyo pondered a bit and nodded his head. “Yeah I think so. The top notch photographer, right?”

Yul groaned in response. “Yes. Him.”

“What’s wrong with him?”

“Tsk, he is the photographer for my new project and Jessica happens to be his model for it and his dirty hands keeps finding a way to touch her!”

Hyo laughed a bit. “Are you jealous, bro?”

“What?! Me jealous? No!” Yul crossed his arms and glared at Hyo.

“I think you are jealous.” Hyo retorted back.

“Who’s jealous?” A third person interrupted Hyo and Yul’s conversation.

Yul turned around and Hyo looked at the person straight ahead. “Taeng!” They both said at the same time.

“Yul is jealous of Choi Soo the photographer, because he is all touchy feely all over Jessica.” Hyo chimed.

“WHAT?! Why you, Hyo you are so dead!” Yul got up from his seat and grabbed Hyo’s collar. Hyo just put his hands up in an ‘I Surrender’ motion and laugh hysterically.

“Sica? Since when did you start to develop feelings for Sica?” Taeng sat himself in the stool next to Yul.

“What? I don’t like Jessica.” Yul let go of Hyo and folded his arms once again.

The Kim cousins just smirked at each other and looked at their sulking best friend. “Sure yeah don’t” They both said at the same time.

 

A/N: Did you guys like that chapter? I know I have some silent readers up in here, lol. Come on guys, comment. I really want to know what you guys think. So what do you think of Sooyoung's character in here? Such a -blocker huh. Lol. Yul still hasnt realized his feelings for Jessica yet. I hope he realizes it soon or else somebody else will sweep Jessica off her feet. Until next time~

-Allister