My Start

Glass Heart

Yul walked Jessica to her door, and she was still giving him the silent treatment.

“Jessica.” He softly called out and he lightly grabbed her wrist when she was looking for her keys. “If I said something wrong that made you upset, I just want to apologize.”

“Look Yul, I appreciate everything that you are doing but I don’t want your pity.” She pulled her hand away from Yul’s. “You don’t owe us anything. Don’t feel obligated to take care of me and my family just because we were Tiffany’s family.” Jessica got out her house keys and closed the door on Yul before he could say something to her.

Yul didn’t mean to make Jessica feel that way but for some reason it hurt him really bad. He stayed at her door for an extra 30 minutes just standing there, hoping she would come back outside but to his luck, nothing. He dragged his feet and exited out of the apartment complex. The rain was sit pouring and he didn’t care. He felt lost inside and he couldn’t understand why. He hasn’t felt like this since the first day of cooping when he lost Tiffany. He was kind of upset with himself as well. He parked his car and entered a bar. Whose bar you ask? Kim Hyo’s bar called ‘Younique Unit’. Yul helped establish this bar for his best friend Hyo along with the café that Taeng and Sunny run. He helped them create a business for his best friends because they have been with him through thick and thin. He saw Hyo serving some customers at the bar section, so he walks up there casually.

“Soju please.” He sat on a bar stool and called out to his best friend.

“Yul, what are you doing here? You haven’t been here for some time now.” Hyo approached him and handed him a shot glass with a bottle of Soju.

“I don’t know, I feel weird today.” He poured a shot of Soju for himself.

“Weird?” Hyo questioned.

“Yeah. Jessica says I am pitying her.” Yul downed his second shot of Soju.

“Maybe you are.”

“But I didn’t mean it like that. She has been through a lot and I just want to make sure she is happy.”

“Maybe she likes her life the way it is. Sure, she lost Tiffany and the father of her son isn’t around, but that doesn’t stop her from living.” Hyo wiped down the bar counters. “Have you ever thought about that?”

Yul didn’t answer Hyo when he asked that. He finished the bottle of Soju, and went home. He wasn’t in the mood to get drunk. Jessica kept popping up in his head and her words echoed. Yul kept tossing in bed when he got home. Was I pitying her? I apologized though. She seemed mad at me. I am going to try talking to her again tomorrow.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Yul tried clearing his schedule for the day so he could see Jessica but to his luck he had meeting back to back with the board members. Yul was stuck at his company in a conference room. One of the board members was giving a presentation for their next project. They plan on expanding to Australia next. Yul tried his best listening but Jessica kept occupying his mind.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Somewhere else a woman strolls up the hill holding flowers. She stops in front of a grave stone.

She sits down next to it and takes out a few napkins to dust it off.

“Hey, it’s me. Your Jessi. I always came to you whenever I have stuff on my mind. Like when you first left me, when I was pregnant, and now you are not here. Physically you are not here. You will always be in my heart Tiff.” A tear falls down her face, but she wipes it away quickly. “I met your mysterious boyfriend.” She giggled when she said that. “You wouldn’t even tell me his name when you first told me that somebody captured your heart. You were never that secretive with me but I didn’t want to push the issue. As long as he didn’t hurt you, I was okay with that. He is too nice. He matches up to your bubbly personality you have. I could see why you fell in love with him in the first place, but he pities me and I don’t need anybody’s pity. He says he is doing it for you but I know you better than he does. You already know I strong I am, just because something is blocking my path I will overcome it. I don’t need him, but I do want you. Why did you have to leave me Tiff? I miss you, so much.” Jessica placed the flowers by the grave and left silently.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Back at Kwon Enterprise, Yul was looking through his papers in his office. He heard a knock and told the person to come in. Yul looked up to the person and he had a disgusted look on his face.

“What?” Yul flatly said.

“I am still older than you, yeah know. Show some respect.” The man sat on one of the chairs in front of Yul’s desk and crossed his hands on his lap.

“And? I am still your boss, remember?” Yul raised an eyebrow at him.

The man sighed. “Friendly reminder about the family’s banquet next month. Do you plan on bringing your new girlfriend?”

“I don’t have a new girlfriend.” Yul started to stack his documents in a pile.

“Oh please. You were so distracted at the meetings today, it has to be a new girl. Did you have a fight with her? Oh, I bet with her isn’t that great. Oh I know! You probably called her ‘Tiffany’, right?” Tyler had a smug smile on his face.

When Tiffany’s name escaped Tyler’s mouth his blood boiled to the max. Yul slammed his fist on his desk as hard as he can and yelled. “GET OUT!!!!” Yul huffed trying to calm himself down. Tyler gave him his last smirk and exited out of Yul’s office. Yul slumped back on his chair. It was already past midnight and he was still staring blankly at the space in his office. All his employees already went home. He finally had the energy to pick himself up and leave the company building. Yul was driving and he spotted something or should I say someone walking alone on the sidewalk. It was a woman with blonde hair that was radiating in the moon light. Jessica? Yul slowed his driving down and his eyes followed the woman. Once he passed her a bit so he got a better look at her face, it was indeed Jessica. The girl who was clouding his thoughts, the girl he wanted to see, the girl he wanted to talk to all day. He braked hard as he saw that Jessica was on her phone. What is she doing here all late? His eyes never left her figure walking away.

Jessica had to go to the convenient store to get some medicine for Yoong. He was having stomach problems so Jessica needed to make a quick run to the store even though it was late at night. She was texting her sister that she will be home as soon as possible. As Jessica was putting her phone away in her purse she ran into somebody. She quickly apologized and bowed, and was startled by the sudden skin contact. Somebody grabbed her wrist.

“Hey miss, where are you off to this late at night?” The man holding onto her wrist said.

Jessica looked at the man and gave him a cold glare. “Home.”

Another guy chuckled at Jessica’s one word answer. “How about we all join you at home?”

“And have some fun.” Another guy came up from behind the two guys.

Jessica was surrounded by three guys but the eyes following her was filled with rage again. He felt ten times madder when those guys approached Jessica and one of them had the nerve to touch her as well. Yul quickly shut off his car and got out immediately. His hand formed into a fist tightly and his eyes red with anger. Yul stepped in front of Jessica and pushed her back to shield her.

“Yul?” She was scared but her fear went away once Yul got in front of her.

He gave her a small smile, then when he faced the guys his face darken. “How dare you touch her?”

The first guys laughed. “Who the are you?”

The second guy nervously pointed at Yul. “I know this guy. He is a Kwon from Kwon Enterprise.”

“! I am out. This guy means business.” The third guy turned around and left his two friends to fend for themselves.

The second guy just slowly backed away and the first guy was quick to grab Yul by his collared shirt. “I don’t care who you are. You are in the way!” He right hooked Yul right on his face.

Yul stumbled backwards next to Jessica when his landed on the concrete ground from the impact.

“YUL!” Jessica kneeled down to Yul so she could see his face. “Oh my gosh you are bleeding!” Tears were falling from her face.

Yul wiped the blood from his face. He was bleeding from his nose and a little on his lip. He looked at Jessica and he could clearly see the tears. He gently wiped away her tears with his hands and gave her a smile. He then faced the guy and he got up to confront him again. Yul lightly pushed Jessica back so she won’t get hurt. Yul jabbed the guy in the stomach and then gave him an uppercut to the face. They were in a heated fist fight battle with one another. Jessica took no time in calling the cops. The second guy already had ran away as soon as he saw Yul fight his friend. The cops arrived and in took two cops each to pull away the anger men. Yul’s face had bruises and blood dripping down and the other guy didn’t look so great either. One of the police officer’s recognized Yul and Jessica. It was the same officer that Yul yelled at when Yoong went missing. The officer’s hand cuffed the thug and not Yul.

“Hey, what the hell?! What about him?! That bastard messed up my face!” The thug kept ranting and he was shoved into a police car.

Jessica told the officer that it was self-defense and they tried to attack her if it wasn’t for Yul. The officers understood the situation and on top of that, they didn’t want to arrest Kwon Yul. It would mean trouble if they arrested one of the Kwon’s. The officer’s left the scene leaving Yul and Jessica on the street.

“Yul, let’s go to the hospital.” Jessica pleaded.

Yul cupped her face with his hands. “Jessica, what are you doing out here so late? They could have hurt you, or worse…” He didn’t even want to finish the sentence. Just the thought of Jessica getting hurt made him angry. Yul pulled her into his embrace and softly said. “I don’t want to go anywhere but home, with you.” Jessica could feel her heart beat fasten and her body temperature rise up when she heard that. Yul let her go and dragged her to his car. The car right was silent but Jessica couldn’t take her eyes off of Yul. She was looking at his bruised and bloody face. He wouldn’t even let her wipe away the blood at least. They got to the apartment complex and Yul followed Jessica to her place. When he said he wanted to go home with her, he literally meant it. Jessica didn’t mind because she wanted to patch up Yul anyways.

“Unnie, what took- Oh OPPA! What happened?!” Krystal who was waiting for her sister’s return was shocked to see Yul with a bruised up face.

“I got into a fight protecting your sister.” Yul managed to give the younger Jung a smile.

“Krystal give this to Yoong, and get me the first aid kit as well.” Jessica handed her sister the bag of medicine that was for Yoong. Krystal gave a nodded and left the two in the living room. Jessica guided Yul to sit down on the couch and she left so she could make tea for the both of them. Yul looked at the small table next to him and found a picture frame. It was the same picture he found in Tiffany’s belonging of Tiffany and Jessica in high school with a kid Krystal in the middle. He smiled and it didn’t go unnoticed by the girl standing in the hallway.

“Do you miss Tiff Unnie?” It was Krystal who was standing there and she sat down next to Yul and placed the kit on the coffee table.

“There isn’t a day that goes by, that I don’t miss Fany.” Yul put back the picture frame where he picked it up.

Krystal bid Yul goodnight and Jessica returned with two cups of tea. She started to wipe Yul’s dried up blood on his face with alcohol swaps. It stung at first but Yul endured the pain. Jessica gradually got closer to Yul until she was really in his personal space. It didn’t bother Jessica because she was helping him but Yul’s heart beat picked its pace up all of a sudden. Yul was just staring at Jessica’s features to her eyes down to her lips. He gulped nervously when he stared at her pink lips. He could even smell her strawberry perfume. Jessica inhaled sharply and locked eyes with Yul. They stared at each other for what seemed forever for the two.

“Mommy?” Yul cleared his throat and looked away and Jessica got up to see her son rubbing his eyes, standing in the hallway. Jessica’s blushed and Yul was in the same boat as her.

Are you crazy Kwon Yul? What’s wrong with you? Yul couldn’t even calm is heartbeat.

Jessica approached her son and kneeled down to his level. “Honey, what’s wrong?” She had a concern look, thinking his stomach was still hurting.

“Can’t sleep.” He looked at her with puppy eyes. Yoong looked pass his mom and laid eyes on the person on the couch. “Uncle Yul? What are you doing here?”

Yul smiled when he heard Yoong ask him a question. “Hey champ. I got hurt, so your mommy is taking care of me.”

Yong walked pass Jessica, and sat next to Yul on the couch.

“Yul, I am going to freshen up. Could you watch him?” Jessica asked and earned a nod from Yul. Jessica wanted to shower and clear her thoughts. She can’t believe she was staring into Yul’s eyes. She thought she was going crazy when she did that. Jessica changed into comfortable clothes and dried her hair with a blow dryer. It was really passed midnight and she stepped back into the living room to get her son. The scene before stunned her and left her speechless. There on the couch laid a sleeping Yul and sleeping Yoong on his chest. Yul wrapped his arms around Yoong to keep him warm and Yoong had his head on Yul’s chest like a pillow. You could hear light snoring coming from the both of them. Jessica quietly tiptoed and sat herself on the coffee table to watch the two boys sleeping peacefully.

She unconsciously smiled at them. Yul, what are you doing? Don’t do this. Jessica’s eyes were filled with sadness as she brushed some hair away from Yul’s forehead.

“Umm... Jess…Sica…” Yul mumbled in his sleep. Jessica’s heart stopped and then fastened. Her cheeks turned red when she heard that.

She then got up and went to her room. She laid down on her bed and placed her hand on her chest. Jessica felt her heart beat still pacing fast. Don’t do this Yul. I can’t do this to Tiffany. I love and care for Tiffany just as much as you do. Don’t… Don’t make me fall in love with you too.

 

A/N: Awwww Jessica started to develop feelings for Yul. How cute~ But she doesn't really want to feel these feelings because of Tiffany. What do you guys think about that? Should she forget her feelings or should she let them be? Comment if you want. Until next time readers~

-Allister