My Puzzle

Glass Heart

Yul kept stealing glances at Jessica but it seemed like Jessica wasn’t paying any attention to him at all. He thought she would at least bombard him with questions regarding Tiffany, but nothing like that came about. After their little introduction Jessica joined her sister in the kitchen with the other girls. Yul was left standing there clueless on what to say to Jessica, so he just ended up staying outside with the guys and the kids. Yul unintentionally smiled when he say Seohyun and Yoong interact. Yoong was a ball of energy. Making all the other kids laugh at his mischievous antics. The kids were having a great time together.

“Taeng can I ask you something.” Yul turned to face his best friend.

“Anything. But I don’t know everything in this world, yeah know.” Taeng chuckled at his own remark.

“Where is the dad?” When Yul asked that, Taeng smiled dropped to a frown. It didn’t go unnoticed by Yul himself. Yul was about to say ‘never mind, forget it’ but he was interrupted by an unexpected person.

“Gone. Why do you want to know?” Jessica came up from behind them and her tone of voice seemed cold and flat.

Yul gulped. He thought he was intruding in her life and that wasn’t his intention at all. He was just curious. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to…” Yul couldn’t even finish his sentence because she was giving his a blank stare that he found very intimidating. He lowered his head so he wouldn’t have to look into Jessica’s icy stare.

“He left me when he found out I was pregnant with Yoong.” Yul sensed sadness when Jessica had said that. It made his heart break and his blood boil. He couldn’t believe his ears. What an ?! How could somebody leave a woman pregnant like that?! “All life is precious, so I didn’t want an abortion. My parents, Krystal and even Tiffany supported me through my pregnancy and raising Yoong when he was born.” Yul looked up at Jessica and he found her smiling as she watched her son play with the other kids.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

It had been a couple of days since Seohyun’s party. He hasn’t been spending much time with the Kim’s and he hasn’t seen the Jung’s either. He was busy with work and babysitting Tyler Kwon. Tyler was purposely giving Yul a hard time. Yul appointed him assistant director for the marketing team to take some load off of Amber, his secretary. Tyler kept asking pointless question and always visiting Yul in his office every hour so he could interrupt Yul’s project plans. Yul was getting tired of Tyler being so annoying on purpose. Yul threated Tyler that he would tell his dad and that made Tyler back off a bit. Yul was the boss of the company, so Tyler had no choice but to listen. After work with meetings and piles of documents to sort out ended, Yul really needed a drink. He didn’t want to go to Hyo’s bar so he just went to the nearest street bar he could find. After going through 4 bottles of soju by himself he was completely done with himself. Surprisingly he made it to his apartment building. He didn’t like going there but he didn’t want to bother anyone else with his problems. He rode the elevator up and then stepped out. He had a hard to walking and he felt very nauseated from the elevator ride. Yul stumbled through the hallway, his body kept hitting the wall because he couldn’t keep his balance. His vision was already blurry.

“Oh my gosh!” A woman came out of her apartment complex when she heard some noise outside. Yul looked up to the woman but he couldn’t make out her face. Yul’s mind and body had already enough, causing him to black out and fall to the floor.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Yul groaned when he came too. His head was throbbing like crazy. He knew he had too much to drink but he didn’t care. He could smell a bacon aroma filling the air and it made his stomach rumble. Yul opened his eyes slowly and turned his head. He was meet with a pair of brown eyes. He thought it was the same routine as he drank, to see himself laying down on the Kim’s couch and waking up to Seohyun watching him. He closed his eyes and smiled, but then his eyebrows furrowed as he recalled that he didn’t drink at Hyo’s bar and he didn’t go home to the Kim’s house. He opened his eyes and looked at the person staring at him. Yul’s eyes widen at his realization. “Y-Yoong?”

“Good morning Uncle Yul. That is for you.” Yoong pointed to a bottle of water and pain killer medication.

How? What? Why is Yoong here? How did this happen? Yul’s thoughts were going crazy. He slowly sat up and took the medication and drank the water. Yoong was watching his every move and Yul found if cute. “Where is your mommy?”

“Cooking and Aunty Krys went to school.” Yoong sat next to Yul. “Mommy said you are sick so she asked me to watch you.” He smiled at Yul.

“Yoong, oh Yul, you are awake. How are you feeling?” The two boys looked up once they heard Jessica’s voice. She came into the living room to get her son but to her surprise she saw Yul and Yoong sitting next to each other smiling.

“Ms. Jessica.” Yul got up to greet her.

“Jessica is fine.” She gave him the cold tone, which sent shivers down his spine.

Yul nodded in response. “I am sorry to intrude but how did I end up here?”

“You were drunk. I heard noise outside my apartment and I found you leaning on a wall, barely holding yourself up. You collapsed and my sister and I dragged you into our home. I called Sunny asking her how did all this happen and what I should do, she said you live on the floor above mine and you must have gotten off on the wrong floor. She and Taeng were going to drive over here to take care of at their house but it was already late. I offered to take care of you instead. So here we are now.”

Yul just kept nodding as he listened to Jessica’s explanation. He digested what she had said to him. Yul’s stomach growled loudly that Jessica obviously heard it.

“Food is ready. You could go once you have something in your stomach.” Jessica walked away back to the kitchen.

Yul was about to protest because he felt embarrassed for himself but he felt somebody grab his hand. He looked down to see who it was. “Let’s eat Uncle Yul.” Yul was being dragged by the little boy. They ate in peace but Yul still felt a little awkward being near Jessica. Yul offered to help clean up but Jessica said he was a guest. Yoong had already said goodbye to Yul as he ran off to go to his room. Yul laughed a little because Yoong does have a lot of energy. Jessica walked him to the front door but Yul turned around to face her.

“Um, I have some of Tiffany’s stuff if you want it.” Yul looked at her eyes and Jessica’s face softened.

“Yeah, I would be happy to take them. But if you want to keep some of her stuff for memory I also don’t mind that.” Jessica gave him a small smile.

“Alright I will come by later today after work or tomorrow if you are available.”

“That is also fine. But you kind of reek of alcohol. You should shower.” Jessica held her noise.

Yul’s face redden from embarrassment and lowered his head as he faced the door again. “S-Sorry. Bye then.”

He could hear her giggling from behind him. “Bye Yul.” As she said that it made him smile.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Later that day after work he went back home so he could gather Tiffany’s stuff to give back to Jessica. He packed up all her clothes, shoes, and make-up because he didn’t really need them. He kept the couple shirts that they bought together though. He looked thoroughly through his closet just in case he missed anything. In the back of his closet he found a bag full of mini-puzzles still in its box. They were unopen and he didn’t know what to do with them. He stared at the bag trying to figure out what he should do and then he heard his doorbell ring. Yul set everything down and went to unlock his door. He was greeted by Jessica.

“Hey, come in. Excuse the mess.” Yul opened his door wider so she could step in.

Hey. Thanks. And it’s okay.” Jessica gave him a small smile. Jessica was admiring the spacious and luxurious of his apartment. It looked much better than hers but it made her feel bad because now he was living here alone. He must feel lonely without Tiffany. I am sure he misses her just as much as I do. Yul guided her to the room. Yul was right. His room was a mess with Tiffany’s clothes everywhere and not folded. She sighed, knowing she has to help him clean it all up so it could be more organized.

Yul sheepishly smiled at her when he heard her sigh. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Jessica made her way to pile of clothes so she could fold them up and neatly put them in a box.

“Do you know why Tiffany would have these puzzles?” Yul showed her the bag of unopened puzzles. There were a lot of puzzle boxes for famous places and some of deer’s.

Jessica picked up one of the boxes and she smiled. “There for Yoong. She buys them and sends them to us because Yoong likes puzzle pieces.” Jessica started to tear up.

Yul was startled as he saw Jessica get emotional. He walked up to her and embraced her in a hug. “I am sorry. I couldn’t protect her. I couldn’t protect our Fany.”

Jessica hugged him back and cried on his chest. Yul knows what she is going through because he goes through it too. He tighten his hug and patted her on the back. They stayed like that for awhile.

 

A/N: Updated! So what do you guys think of this chapter? This is kind of a learning chapter and that is going to build up Jessica and Yul's relationship. So I hope you guys like this chapter and also Jessica's solo album is out!!! I hope many fans are supporting both Jessica and Tiffany. Until next time readers~~

-Allister