My Heart

Glass Heart

The night was young and people were lined up to get into this exclusive club. Inside this exclusive club were people drinking and dancing until they can’t anymore. This club was hard to get into. There was only two ways to get in and they were either you know somebody associated with the club or you were rich and powerful. One man was both rich and powerful and he knew the club owner on a personal level.

“Kwon, I am cutting you off. Let my girlfriend call a taxi for you.” A blonde guy wiping down cups said to the half wake guy sitting at his bar. “Are you listening to me Kwon?”

“I….. I have nowhere to go Hyo…. Let me just drink some more….” The tan guy’s words were slurred but he was still able to form a sentence.

“No no no more drinking for you buddy. Victoria just called Taeng and he is coming to get you.”

“TRAITOR! I TOLD YOU TO NOT CALL YOUR COUSIN AT ALL!” The tan guy slammed his hands on the bar table but the music was so loud his loud voice was immediately drowned out.

“Yul enough drinks for you. You need to rest buddy.” Hyo had said calmly.

Kwon Yul the CEO of Kwon Enterprise. The Kwon family is well known in Seoul and nobody dare to go up against them. They are a rich and powerful family.

“He is all yours Taeng.” Hyo walked away from his spot to attend other customer’s needs. The seat t to Yul was soon occupied by a shorter looking guy, who goes by the name Kim Taeng and who happens to be Kim Yul’s best friend.

“Hey Yul. Come on buddy, let’s get you home.” Taeng rubbed the back of Yul’s to get him to come back to his senses.

“Your cousin is a traitor for calling you Taeng. I wanted to drink until I feel nothing at all. And besides I have no home to go to anymore. My home is gone…” Yul tried looking at Taeng in the eyes but he ended up passing out on Taeng’s shoulder.

“She won’t like seeing you like this Yul. It isn’t healthy.” Taeng whispered to his passed out best friend.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

“Ow my head.” Yul woke up with the worse hangover. His body was aching and his head felt like a jackhammer was going into this brain. He tried to open his eyes but the bright light illuminating the room was making his eyes sensitive. Yul slowly but surely opened his eyes for it to adjust to the light. He turned his head was meet with a pair of brown eyes looking at him sadly.

“Hyunnie? What’s the matter?” Yul managed to say despite his throbbing headache.

“Mornin’ Uncle Yul. Daddy said you are sick so you take that over there.” The little girl pointed to the coffee table where there is a glass of water and pain reliever medicine.

I’m at the Kim’s house. I must have drank too much and Taeng brought me back to his home. “Okay Hyunnie. Uncle Yul will take the medicine so he could feel better.” Yul slowly got up and patted the little girl on the head earning a wide smile from her. Yul chuckled at her cuteness and grabbed the medicine to take it.

“Seohyun time to eat!” Taeng called out from the kitchen.

“Come here. Your dad is all done with breakfast.” Yul picked up Seohyun earning a squeal from the girl. They walked to the kitchen. “Taeng where is Sunny?”

“She is running the café right now. I stayed behind so I could take care of my best friend.”

“I know. I am sorry I caused you and Hyo trouble.” Yul put down Seohyun on her chair and lowered his head in shame. He then heard a chuckle from Taeng and lifted his head in curiosity.

“Look, we are your best friends. Of course we will take care of you. Now shut up and eat your breakfast.”

Yul lightly smiled and sat down to eat the breakfast Taeng cooked.

“Uncle Yul feel better?” Hyunnie broke the silence by speaking while was feel of rice.

Yul always adored Seohyun. He thought she was the cutest little girl ever. “Yes Hyunnie, Uncle is feeling better. When Uncle is done eating I have to leave for work.”

“Like mommy leave for work?” She tilted her head in confusion.

Yul chuckled at the little girl’s response. “Yes, like your mommy.”

“I see Uncle next week for birthday!” She spread her arms in the air as she shouted.

Yul’s eyes widen at the realization of the event that is going to happen next week. He frantically looked at Taeng for a confirmation if it was true or not. His best friend nodded at him. He face palmed himself on how he could forget Seohyun’s birthday. “Y-Yes Uncle will come.”

“Hooray! I’m done daddy.” She shoved her plate to her dad and walked away from the kitchen table.

“How could you forget my daughter’s birthday?”

“I’m sorry Taeng. I have a lot on my mind.” Yuri looked down at his plate, to ashamed to look at Taeng in the eyes.

“I know and I will always understand. Just make sure you are not late and to come early please. I might need help setting things up.” Taeng gave a small smile.

“Alright I will be there. And thanks for taking care of me last night.”

“I’m not your best friend just because Yul. We’ve been through thick and thin together.”

“Yeah we have, haven’t we?” Yul and Taeng brofist as they both got up from the dining table.

It was time to bid the Kim’s goodbye so he could go back to his office and do some more work.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Yul got to his office and was greeted by his secretary and good friend Amber Liu. Yul thought he was a great candidate for a secretary position because he was a diligent worker and was always great at following Yul’s orders. Amber admired Yul’s assertiveness and dedication he puts forth in his family’s business.

“Anything new Am?” Yul stopped in front of Amber’s desk as he collects documents and files that spread out on his desk.

“You have a meeting with your father tomorrow to discuss expansion to other Asian countries, you are needed in Japan to talk to the board director and your schedule flight is also tomorrow after your meeting with your father. You will be in Japan for 5 days to look at the property out there and meet with the construction team. And lastly your cousin from America is here to see you. He is waiting for you in your office.” Amber handed his boss everything he needs for the meetings that are soon to happen.

“Okay 5 days is fine. Also next week. I want you to clear my schedule for Saturday and Sunday. It’s Seohyun’s birthday on Saturday and I also want to take the little munchkin to an amusement park on Sunday. Understand Am?” Yul used a stern voice but his face was gently as he spoke.

“I totally forget about little Hyunnie’s birthday. Of course I will keep those two days clear sir.” Amber bowed and scooted to his computer to make those arrangements for his boss.

Cousin for America? I only know one guy who controls our America branch and I absolutely hate his guts. Yul’s face darkens as he opens the door to his office. His worst nightmare comes true. His cousin, Tyler Kwon greets him with a smirked on his face as the two cousins have a staring battle with one another.

“Tyler Kwon.” Yuri folds his arms across his chest as he keeps his eyes with Tyler’s.

“Kwon Yuri. I was waiting for you cousin.” Tyler’s smirk turns into a big grin. Yul really hated his smile. It was to evil.

“Why? What are you even doing here?”

“As you should know, I got in trouble 5 years ago but I was in the middle of a project. So my father had me finish the project and he was going to send me away from America like he always does when I don’t meet his expectations. I thought he would send me to Hong Kong but this time he sent me here. To my birthplace Seoul, South Korea.” Tyler spread his arms in the air as he said that and he walked towards the big window that shows the tall buildings of Seoul. “I hate it here. To make matters worse he asked your father for me to work under you. Under you?! I am already older than you! They expect me to take orders from you. I already told my father that I will not have you boss me around Kwon Yul, but he threatened me. If I don’t listen to you, my money will disappear, everything that I worked hard for will disappear. And for a cherry on top, he will publicly announce what I did 5 years ago. The power of money and we were able to hush all media at that time. My father will use my dark past and drag me down to the gutter. So here I am Kwon Yul, inside your office waiting for my ‘boss’ to give me instructions on my next move.” Tyler looks at Yul with fire in his eyes. He was indeed frustrated at this whole situation. Yul was also shocked to hear his cousin’s ranting misfortunes.

“I just heard about this today. I will have a meeting with my father and then I will be out of the country for 5 days. You have to wait for my return for further instructions. I wouldn’t know what position to give you just yet. Understand?”

Tyler lightly chuckled. “Fine. So this family is right about you, you don’t disappoint this family at all. No wonder they compare me to you.” Tyler walked towards Yul and planting his feet right in front of Yul. “I hate you Kwon Yul.”

“Likewise Tyler Kwon.” Yul smirked and just like that Tyler walked out of his office until the next time they needed to meet again. Yul massaged his temple as he looked at the piles of folders and papers he needed to process and look through. This is going to be a stressful day.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

“So Tyler visited you at the office yesterday. You need to give him a position at your company son. Anything will do your Uncle says, even if it is a janitorial job.” Mr. Kwon chuckled, as him and his son enjoy a dinner together. Whenever Yul meets with his father it was always over at a restaurant or at the dinner table with his mother’s home cooking. Yul appreciated his father’s way of bonding and he loved it. The way his parents raised him was really different from the way his other cousins were. That’s why his cousins hate him especially Tyler. He was received love but still turned out to be a successful business man while others had dictatorship families. Everybody was successful but nobody was as true kind-hearted humans like Yul and his parents. A lot of people respected them because they were also assertive and got the job done.

“I will probably make him an assistant director for our marketing management. I will have him work together with Amber. Amber is already my secretary and sometimes he has his hands full when he takes care of me so I will have him help out Amber and take some work under him. Tyler is surely going to hate taking orders from another person who is younger than him even with me.” Yul sipped some wine as they waited for their food to arrive.

“Good for you son. You have helped some many people to get them were they are and still managed to stay on top for our company. I very proud of you.” Mr. Kwon raised his wine glass for a toast.

“Thank you father. I will be leaving tonight for Japan as well. I will be back on Friday. Also to let you know next week is Seohyun’s birthday so I will also be out for the weekend. She will be 4”

“Really? She sure is big now isn’t she? Such a cute little girl and the Kim’s are such great parents.”

Yul smiled and when their food arrived they talked more about business. They said their goodbyes to each other and Yul still had some time before his scheduled flight. It was still late in the evening but he always made time whenever he had a lot on his mind to go visit her. He got some flowers at a nearby store so he could give it to his special lady. There was a grin plastered on his face and he strolled up to go see her.

“Hey. It’s me Yul. I am happy to see you. I got you the usual roses because they always remind me of you and of course they are pink. You own the color pink remember? So I will be gone for 5 days but I promise I will come see you once I get back. I miss you so much. I don’t know what I would do without but you still keep me going, don’t you. My business trip is in Japan so I will bring you a souvenir as well. Its Seohyun’s birthday next week and I could bring her here to see you as well. Taeng and Sunny don’t mind because Hyunnie misses you too. All our friends do. Okay, it is time for me to go now. I love you always and forever.” Yul placed the flowers down and walked away. His fragile heart was breaking again as he said those words. He was teary eyes but he immediately wiped them away. Inside of his he knows his heart has many cracks in them but it is still whole. He needs to keep moving forward for the sake of himself and everybody around them and also for her.

The pink roses were placed in front of a tombstone. That read:

[Stephanie Young Hwang

A kind caring woman with a big heart

1989 – 2015]

 

A/N: Hey readers, what do you guys think? I know there is a lot to take in and I am dealing with a handful of characters, but I am going to try with this story. My second YulSic story but it is also my first genderbender story as well. I hope you guys enjoy this one like my previous one. I am still a rookie at writing fanfics but your guys comments keep me going. I love reading them. Until next time~

-Allister