Episkey

Divided

 

Episkey - spell that heals minor injuries

 

Taehyung was knocked unconscious after he was slammed against the wall by the Basilisk, and all of Hogwarts was in shock. The situation was dealt with in a timely manner, as the judges stunned the Basilisk and caged it while staff helped Taehyung to the infirmary. Although he achieved the posession of the golden egg, the creature proceeded to harm him. Normally, judges would dock off points when there is physical contact between the opponent and the foe. However in Taehyung's case, he had physical contact with the beast after the fact, so no points were taken off. Points were based off of strategy and time, and the final placement was Jimin in first, Taehyung in second, and Tiffany in third.

 

Countless numbers of students visited Taehyung at the infirmary, who wasn't awake as of yet. For the rest of the day, Irene was drained emotionally. She wanted to visit Taehyung, but she had come a long way from making it seem like she hated him, and wanted to keep it that way for the sake of her reputation.

 

Late in the night, Irene snuck out of the dormitory with a copy of a Marauder's Map, an artifact handed down to her from her parents. As she smoothly made her way towards the infirmary, she quickly went inside, having noticed that the nurse stepped out. She noticed that Taehyung was the only one in the infirmary, and felt relieved so that no one else could hear her. She grabbed a chair, setting it next to Taehyung's bed. She slowly sat down on it, trying to keep the cloak over her as she stared at Taehyung from inside the cloak. As she noticed the various amounts of scratches and bruises on his arms as well as his face, she teared up. ", why am I this upset for?" Irene scolded herself as she sniffled and quickly wiped away her tears. However, she did know why she was upset. This was the person that she could always depend on and held her hand through every hardship. Seeing someone that was once important to her in this condition hurt her heart. 

 

Irene was very good at convincing herself that she hated Taehyung. Her family only consisted of Slytherins, so there was pressure to stay within her own kind since her first year at Hogwarts. Although her parents never specifically addressed said pressure, she just felt the vibe from them. Whenever she would talk to her parents about her friends that were sorted into Gryffindor, they would wave them by and ask about her friends that were sorted into Slytherin, with her, instead. As if her parents weren't already a big influence, her Slytherin friends were also. She had gotten a lot closer to Wendy, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok in a few years than when they were children. Although they were bad influences and hated their Gryffindor friends more than she did, she still loved them. Hoseok, being one of the two friends in their group to still talk to both sides, became the person Irene consoled to about Taehyung. When Taehyung started acting different and cocky, she hated it -- little did she know that Taehyung acted that way to cope with the loss of his best friend.

 

Here she was, sitting by Taehyung's side, not knowing how she mustered up the motivation to see him or why she was even here. She had seen him get hit by multiple Bludgers, brooms, and bats, but never had she seen him being thrown across an arena like the way he did earlier that day. Just replaying the memory in her head caused her to cry.

 

Taehyung wasn't awake, but he was dreaming. A past memory with Irene in it was playing through his head. 

 

Irene was crying. Taehyung vividly remembered this memory, as it was the first time he had seen her cry. He remembered how he felt: angry and heartbroken. Irene was being bullied by some of their classmates. She spent countless days working on a project for class, and they simply trashed it. Taehyung, enraged, knocked some sense into all of them, and was suspended from school -- but before he was pulled into the dean's office, he comforted Irene and told her that everything was going to be okay. 

 

"Taehyung, you're getting suspended again? You shouldn't have beat them up," Irene sighed, facepalming. "They made you cry, I had to," Taehyung scoffed as Irene shook her head, "I hate seeing you cry, Irene." He remembered her bright smile, and it was in that moment did he realize he loved her. Seeing that smile made him forget all his worries and made him feel at peace. "What would I do without you, you idiot?" He then heard more crying . . . wait, that wasn't what came after that . . .

 

Taehyung blinked his eyes open. The last thing he remembered was flying across the arena with the golden egg. How long was he asleep for? He looked around, still hearing the crying from his dream. "Who's there?" he mumbled. The crying stopped, and Irene, still wrapped in the invisibility cloak, realized that Taehyung was awake. She sniffled, wiping her nose and eyes, and took off the invisibility cloak. Taehyung jumped at the sudden movement from next to him and sighed. "You ing scared me Irene, what's your problem?" Irene just chuckled, looking down at her hands. "Sorry."

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked, receiving a shrug from Irene. "I don't even know," she sighed, rubbing her temples. "You were worried about me, huh?" Taehyung smiled cheesily, and Irene rolled her eyes. "You have scratches and bruises all over your face, how can you joke around like that?" Irene hissed with annoyance as she got up to leave, but stopped when Taehyung grabbed her arm. "Can you stay a little longer? It's not everyday that I get sympathy from you." Irene sighed deeply, turning around to see Taehyung's pleading face, and proceeded to sit back down.

 

"If being thrown across an arena by a Basilisk is what it takes to get you to sit down with me, then I'd do it over and over again," Taehyung chuckled. "Don't ing say that, Tae," Irene snapped as Taehyung looked up at her curiously. "It was just a joke --" "Taehyung," Irene took a deep breath, pausing before continuing, "don't ever joke about that. Do you know how ing scared I was? I couldn't even watch you the whole time and the second that I look up from my hands, I see you being thrown. How would you feel if that was me?" Taehyung sighed, laid back, and looked up at the ceiling. "I didn't think you cared about me that much." "Of course I do, Taehyung --" "Then why won't you talk to me like this on a normal basis? Why did I have to be thrown across an arena for you to talk to me?" Tears slipped from Irene's eyes out of frustration. "Because I didn't realize how important you were to me until I saw you hurt that badly. I'm sorry, Taehyung, but you have to understand the constant pressure I deal with, and that's why I act the way I do." Taehyung sighed, not looking away from the ceiling. "At least you're talking to me now. Will you talk to me tomorrow or the day after?" Irene looked up at him and nodded. "Of course -- but not the way you want me to," she spoke, looking away from him, "unless you find another way without anyone seeing us together." "Am I really that embarrassing to be around?" "That shouldn't even be a question -- of course you are."

 


 

A / N: ayyyy two chapters in one night?? I had to make up for the lack of an update yesterday, I was in the hospital @ A @ but I'm doing well now, no worries hehe. thanks for reading this far, btw! and thank you to those who have subbed and commented, it means a lot to me <3