Relashio

Divided

Relashio - spell that releases the caster from binding

 

At yesterday's second task, Taehyung arrived back at the arena first, then Jimin, and then Tiffany -- leaving Taehyung in first place. Taehyung received more points for being the first one to return from the task, and points were docked off from Jimin as a result of him trying to unlock another person's locks. Irene was taken to the infirmary right after the task in order to check for severe injuries, but she ended up being okay besides the few splinters in her hands that were taken care of. Taehyung was with Irene the entire time in the infirmary up until the nurse had told her that she was fine. As soon as Taehyung received word that Irene was okay, he left the room. Irene was a little mad, but she just concluded that she would talk to him later. She was tired of his behavior.

 

The day after, class resumed as if nothing big happened the day before. Irene and Taehyung's professors were giving the two a break, as they wanted to give them a bit of time for themselves before they dove back into their studies, but they still had to attend class. Irene was constantly asked questions throughout the day about her involvement in the second task, and she answered all of them with honesty. Taehyung was annoyed that people were asking Irene these questions without considering that she almost died. As if Taehyung hadn't ignored Irene enough, he wasn't even acknowledging her now because he couldn't cope with the fact that he almost lost her.

 

Students asked Taehyung about the second task as well, but he brushed them all off. They weren't that bothered, though, as they shifted their attention to Irene instead. Irene, of course, noticed Taehyung's sudden change in behavior, and she was concerned. She didn't want to confront him about it, as she wanted to be alone when she did. 

 

After her last class, Irene searched everywhere for Taehyung, but couldn't find him anywhere. She ended up going back to her dorm out of frustration. As she sat on her bed, she noticed the Marauder's Map she owned that was peeking from under her bed. "Of course, why didn't I think of that sooner," Irene exclaimed as she picked up the map from the floor and opened it, looking for Taehyung's name on the map. His name was all alone, near the corner of the map, at the bench they usually met at.

 

As Irene quietly exited the building and looked over at the bench, she spotted Taehyung sitting alone on the bench, looking up at the sky. Irene took a deep breath before walking over to the bench. Taehyung turned his head in the direction where he heard footsteps, and sighed. He stood up to leave, but Irene wasn't going to let him get away. "Yah, will you just talk to me for one ing second?" Irene called, and Taehyung narrowed his eyes at her. He didn't say anything as he dug his hands in his pockets. "What's up with you? Can you tell me what's wrong? I promise I'll listen, you know I will," Irene asked, and Taehyung sighed. There was too much on his mind about her, and he didn't want to burden her with them, especially if she didn't feel the same way. "Nothing's wrong, Irene." "Oh, really? If everything was fine, then you would be talking to me. Since when was it okay for you to ignore me?" "You ignore me all the time." Irene paused; Taehyung wasn't lying. "Y-Yeah, but that's when you're being annoying!" "I know, what if I'm ignoring you cause I think you're annoying?" Irene huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "You'd give in after a day, at the most. You can't help but talk to me again, but this is something different. I know something's wrong." "Irene, I don't want to talk about it right now," Taehyung mumbled as he turned to leave, and Irene's heart ached. How dare he leave in the middle of their conversation, she thought. Taehyung stopped walking when he felt something cold hit the back of his head. Irene had balled up snow and threw it at him. Taehyung turned his head back around, looking at Irene, who had the cutest angry face. "Don't you walk out on me in the middle of a conversation, Kim Taehyung!"

 

Irene watched Taehyung turn around and walk back to her, stopping in front of her. He raised his hand to flick her forehead, and she yelped. "Yah!" she yelled, hands grabbing at her forehead, and Irene saw him chuckle for the first time in weeks. "If you're gonna start a fight, be prepared for the consequences, young lady." She stuck her tongue out at Taehyung and frowned. "I'm only starting a fight because you're being dumb! Who the ignores their best friend for weeks without an explanation? An idiot, that's what!" Taehyung raised a brow. He didn't think Irene was that mad about him ignoring her. "Is it another girl? Did you find someone? You had better not, because then that means you lied to me, and you wouldn't lie to me --" "Irene, what are you trying to say?" Irene looked up at Taehyung's blank, unreadable face. "I'm saying," Irene explained, "that it's not fair for you to stop talking to me out of the blue. I mean, if you gave me a heads up or something I think I would be okay with it but you didn't . . ." "Did you miss me?" Irene's face turned red and warm, despite the cold weather. "I-I . ." Irene stuttered, looking down at the ground and nodding slightly. "What does that mean? Yes or no?" he teased, pushing Irene's buttons. "Yes, you idiot!" Irene shouted, "I missed you, okay! You've done so much for me, and you helped me get through the worst time of my life. Without you, I'm lost; you mean so much to me." Irene didn't realize that she spat out the last sentence, and Taehyung stared at her, analyzing her reaction. " did I just say that," Irene mumbled to herself, "anyway, I'm done talking to you. You're being so ing annoying." Irene turned around to walk away, but she stopped in her tracks when she felt Taehyung's arms wrap around her waist, pulling her back.

 

"Yah, let go of me!" Irene yelled, but Taehyung just laughed. "Is that your little confession?" Taehyung's hot breath against Irene's ear made her all hot and bothered, but she was trying her best to conceal it. "I have no idea what you're talking about --" "Oh, you don't? I'll show you, then." Taehyung suddenly flipped her to face him, and he leaned forward, their faces inches apart. Irene held her breath and stared at Taehyung, blinking cutely. "What . . . what are you doing?" she asked meekly, and Taehyung smiled innocently. "Nothing," he whispered, leaning his face closer to Irene's, and she grew stiff. As soon as Taehyung's lips touched Irene's, he pulled away. "Well, sorry to waste your time, but I need to go and meet up with my girlfriend. It was nice talking to you," Taehyung teased, walking away from Irene. Irene blinked her eyes, adjusting to the situation, and ran after him. "Yah, girlfriend who? I'm the only one for you, and you know it!" She screamed, jumping onto Taehyung's back and pulling his ears. Taehyung shouted in surprise, falling forward. Irene fell onto his lap, and Taehyung sighed from the ground. He sat up, looked at Irene, and pulled her closer to him, arms resting on her waist. Irene wasn't saying anything, but she was blushing madly.

 

"Why are you so cute?" Taehyung asked, and Irene looked away from him, trying to hide her blush. "Shutup," she mumbled, and Taehyung laughed heartily. "Did you miss me flirting with you? I bet you wanted to kiss me again after you had me for the first time a couple weeks ago, huh?" Irene punched Taehyung in the chest, and he winced, grabbing at the place she punched him. "You're so full of yourself, you ," Irene insulted, rolling her eyes, "this is why I couldn't tell you this, because I knew you would get all cocky about yourself." Taehyung raised a brow. "I think I deserve to gloat after waiting for you for so long," he suggested, and Irene chuckled lightly. She looked up at him and smiled slightly. "Yeah, you do." Taehyung smiled, leaning his head forward so that their foreheads touched. "I'm sorry for ignoring you . . I was so embarrassed that I told you how I really felt without being a hundred-percent conscious that I couldn't face you. I assumed you didn't feel the same way, anyway. It got worse yesterday when I thought I lost you . ." Irene reached for Taehyung's face, his cheek with her thumb. "Well, I'm still here," she said simply, "I wouldn't die without telling you about my feelings for you." Taehyung chuckled, shaking his head.

 

"I meant what I said the last time we talked here," Irene changed the subject, "I'm sorry you had to spend this whole time pretending not to love me. I can't imagine how hard it was for you. You didn't even date anyone else?" Taehyung exhaled, looking away for a bit. "I dated a few girls in my second and third year, but I still couldn't get my mind off of you," he explained. Irene sighed, "How'd you do it? You know, even though I was being difficult. You didn't even know if I would ever talk to you the same way again." "Everytime I look at you," Taehyung explained, "I see my whole world, and I ask myself how I could ever let you go -- and the truth is, I can't. I've been trying, and it's impossible. I know that no matter what happens, I'll always find you -- in this life and the next, I'll always come find you. I'll never let you go." Irene was quiet. Taehyung had never been this deep before, and to hear him speak so passionately about his feelings for her had her all flustered. "The truth is," Taehyung glanced over at Irene, "I am really in love with you." Irene smiled, looking down at her hands. Taehyung just stared at her, admiring that genuine smile of hers. It felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders; he could finally say those very words without having to hold them back or worry. 

 

"I didn't think you were this cheesy," Irene pretended to gag in disgust, and Taehyung just laughed. "What, do you not think I'm cute?" He pouted, and Irene rolled her eyes. "Just a little," she admitted, and Taehyung chuckled. "So I guess the real question is," he took a deep breath, "if you'll be mine, only mine." Irene blushed, looking away from him to hide her embarrassed face. "Only yours," she mumbled, looking up at him with a stifled smile. "Forever?" he asked, his eyes never leaving hers. Irene nodded.

 

"Always."

 


 

A/N: brb while I go drown in my otp feels ; u ; I revised this chapter so many times before publishing it, as I thought it would be a little too soon, but I think for the most part, it seemed like enough time had passed. hope this wasn't too fluffy for you all kekeke I'm a fluff master.