Ascendio

Divided

 

Ascendio - Spell that lifts the caster high in the air

 

"Professor, please make an exception for today? We have a Quidditch game today!"

"Well you should have thought about the consequences before you two used magic outside of class -- and on each other, no less."

 

Today was the opening Quidditch match of the year. Gryffindor and Slytherin were to play against each other, and their two most valuable players weren't at practice -- instead, they were in their Transfiguration professor's classroom, writing lines as a result of breaking rules. 

 

"Professor, it wasn't my fault -- honest! If Taehyung hadn't used the water-making spell on me, I wouldn't have fought back," Irene rebuttled, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't want to hear it," the professor sighed, "the longer you take to finish writing lines, the less time you'll have to practice. Now get to it, we wouldn't want to miss the match now would we?"

 

Taehyung and Irene sat in the classroom in silence, along with a few other students who had detention as well. Irene and Taehyung were furiously scribbling, never stopping to take a break. They were to write thirty pages of lines, front and back, before they were allowed to leave. "Maybe I shouldn't have fooled around . . ." Taehyung scolded mentally to himself, taking a huge breath before continuing to write. 

 

The day before, Taehyung thought it would be funny to use a water-making spell on Irene, jetting water from his wand to splash her face. Irene was clearly not amused at all and was instantly enraged. She fired back with Langlock, a spell that glued the opposing person's tongue to the roof of their mouth. Taehyung couldn't talk right the entire day up until dinner.

 

After about two hours of precious practice time wasted, Irene was the first amongst the two to turn in her lines. The professor scanned through all the pages, just to make sure a cheating spell wasn't used, and waved her off. "See you tomorrow, professor!" Irene chimed as she hurriedly grabbed her bag and rushed out of the room. Taehyung huffed. Irene definitely had to have used a cheating spell, there was no way she could have finished before him, he thought.

 

By the time Taehyung had finished, it was an hour before the match was to begin. He rushed onto the field where his team agreed to meet up for practice, and saw that they were already packing up. ", sorry guys. I hope you got a lot done while I was gone," Taehyung sighed, disappointed that he wasn't there for his team. "Don't worry about it, Tae," Yeri smiled reassuringly, patting his arm, "we just practiced our game plan. You're our Seeker, so you would've been sitting around anyway." Taehyung looked at the rest of his teammates, who were smiling back at him, and he couldn't help but feel a little relieved. "Alright, let me help you carry those -- and let's kick some today."

 

The time came where the match began. Both teams came out onto the field, facing the other. "Mount your brooms please," the emcee instructed, as fifteen brooms lifted off the ground, carrying their partner. As the sound of the whistle was heard, the referee threw the Quaffle in the air, Joy and Hoseok lunging for the ball.

 

In the first couple minutes of the game, Slytherin dominated the score board. Hoseok, with the help of Slytherin's two other chasers, hurled the Quaffle into the goals easily despite having the Quaffle stolen from them multiple times. Taehyung, hanging in the back of his team, yelled commands in hopes of helping, but stopped when he spotted the Golden Snitch. Yoongi, having noticed Taehyung's sudden movement, followed in suit. In the meantime, Irene and Namjoon caught the two Bludgers, who were being hurled in their direction. Namjoon hit the Bludger in Yeri's direction, hitting the back of her broom and causing the Quaffle she was holding to fall out of her hands. Hoseok, who was right under her, let the Quaffle fall right into his hands and proceeded to smoothly throw the ball into the goal.

 

Gryffindor with ten points and Slytherin with seventy, it wasn't looking too good for Gryffindor. All Slytherin had to do was catch the Golden Snitch and the match would be theirs -- but if Taehyung caught it instead, then Gryffindor would be the victors.

 

Irene secretly watched Taehyung and Yoongi, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. After dodging a Bludger and catching the other one, she waited for the right moment. She threw the ball into the air and hit it with her bat, the ball soaring past everyone.

 

As Taehyung held his arm out to try and grab the Golden Snitch, he was suddenly hit in the face with a Bludger, throwing him off-course and colliding with the stands. Yoongi, who was inches behind him, took his place and focused on catching the snitch now that Taehyung was out of his way. 

 

"Good aim, Irene!" Namjoon cackled, and gave Irene a quick high-five before dodging a Bludger.

 

Taehyung, who was quick to recover, stayed in the same place where he had collided with the stands. He turned his head and saw the Golden Snitch heading his way with Yoongi right on its tail. As dangerous as Taehyung's next move was, it proved to be worth it.

 

He flew towards the snitch, almost flying into Yoongi head on, but narrowly avoided him when he moved at the last second. They both grabbed for the snitch, and the whistle sounded, ending the match when the emcee had witnessed the snitch being caught. 

 

"Did Yoongi catch it?" Hoseok shouted, and Namjoon held up his hands in question. "," Irene sighed, hanging her head low when she looked in Taehyung and Yoongi's direction, only to see Taehyung's stupid grin and his arm held high -- hand clutching the Golden Snitch.