Draco

Divided

Draco - latin word for dragon

 

Irene and Taehyung hadn't spoken a word to each other in exactly two weeks since they were under the influence of Amortentia.

 

They were extremely embarrassed of their actions, mostly because everyone had seen them while they were under the effects of the love potion, and didn't want anyone to think that they were dating when they weren't. Taehyung was afraid that Irene was embarrassed of him and was disgusted by the fact that they were all cutesy with each other, but he was more so taken aback by the kiss they shared. Although the love potion caused them to act out of the normal, they remembered everything that happened while they were under the influence of the potion -- which made it even worse to cope with.

 

Irene, on the other hand, was more so embarrassed than she was disgusted, like Taehyung thought. She couldn't believe that they kissed, and everytime the memory came up in her head, she turned warm in the face and shook her head, trying not to think about it too much. However, although they both shared a great embarrassment, they still would not interact with each other. Irene made an attempt two days after to try and talk to Taehyung since she noticed that he was ignoring her, but Taehyung was unusually persistent on not paying attention to her; which weirded her out a lot, because usually she was on the other side, ignoring Taehyung. Taehyung couldn't stand looking Irene in the eye after what had happened; the potion basically forced out a confession of his almost life-long feelings for Irene, and he was upset that he wasn't in his right mind when the confession spilled. He wanted a genuine response from her when he did tell her, and now he wasn't able to get it. He was ashamed, but he couldn't bring himself to even look at Irene the same way, as he was too scared of the rejection he was waiting for. When he felt like being let down for real, he would talk to her. He needed to focus on preparing for the second task.

 

The day came where the Champions were to participate in the second task. All classes were cancelled, again, while all students were transported to an arena higher up in the mountains. As soon as Irene and her friends arrived at the arena, she parted ways with the group, as she had explained to them that she wanted to wish Taehyung good luck -- when in actuality, she was heading towards the tent to be put under a sleep-inducing spell. Irene was instructed to walk to a tent separate from that of the Champions' tent, as they were still unaware of the fact that their loved ones were to be involved in the second task. As Irene walked into the tent, she spotted Jimin's younger brother in the tent, as well as what seemed to be Tiffany's mother. As soon as the three were instructed to lie down on a bench and close their eyes, they immediately fell asleep as soon as the spell was casted on them.

 

"Where the is Irene?" Yoongi was getting a little worried, scared that Jimin might have something to do with it, but Namjoon just convinced him that she saw the Headmaster talking to her so she would show up soon. Cheers and screams echoed throughout the arena as the three Champions walked into the center, waving at the crowd. "Welcome to your second task, Champions!" the Hogwarts's Headmaster voice bellowed, silencing the entire arena. "I hope you are prepared for your second task, as it is a difficult and dangerous one." The Headmaster turned to a big screen in front of them, and it instantly . On the screen, it showed Jimin's brother, Tiffany's mother, and Irene lying on a slab of stone, with their arms and ankles chained up. "Each of your headmasters extracted a memory of your loved one from you, and the tournament has chosen these loved ones, and bounded them by contract, to take part in the second task. Your only goal is to save them from --" the Headmaster paused, and the roar of dragons blasted from the sound system, "dragons." "Holy ," Namjoon whispered, "so that's where Irene went . . ."

 

At the sound of a whistle, the three Champions ascended from their brooms into the air and away from the arena. They all flew high up into the mountain, trying to find the cave that their loved one was held in. As the three Champions soared through the sky and closer into the dragon's territory, they were soon split up after three dragons suddenly bursted through the clouds to attack them. Taehyung and Jimin narrowly dodged a flamethrower hurled by the two dragons in front of them while Tiffany made a sharp turn upwards as the dragon in front of her lunged towards her with open jaws. The three soon realized that it seemed that each dragon was only targeting one certain Champion in correlation to their loved ones. Jimin was being targeted by a Peruvian Vipertooth, a highly venomous dragon that was copper-colored and short-horned. Tiffany was being followed by a Swedish Short-Snout, a beautiful silvery blue dragon whose flames were hot enough to burn bones to ashes in seconds. Taehyung had the great honor of being able to be in the presense of the Hungarian Horntail, which was considered to be the most dangerous dragon in the world. 

 

Taehyung flew away from Jimin and Tiffany and into the rugged mountain terrain in hopes of trying to lose the horntail, but it eventually caught up with him. He weaved in and around large rock formations and trees, but the dragon would never lose sight of him. "I need to hide myself," Taehyung thought to himself, but he knew the dragon was too fast for him to even try to take cover. He then spotted three caves with small entrances, and figured that the people they were to save would be in them -- he just had to guess which one Irene was in. 

 

He didn't have time to think about which one, though, as the dragon had gotten a lot closer to him in the midst of his thoughts. Taehyung ended up swerving into the first cave he came across, and the horntail roared from outside the cave in frustration. Taehyung jogged to the center of the cave and saw Jimin's younger brother lying on the slab, confirming for Taehyung that he was in the wrong cave. "At least I get my breath back for a minute," Taehyung panted, broom in hand, as he inched towards the outside of the cave, holding himself close to the cave wall. "Where is he?" Taheyung mumbled to himself. He scanned the area from where he was standing, and it was quiet -- too quiet. He poked his head out a bit and instantly heard a screech from above, belonging to the Hungarian Horntail. He was perched up on top of the cave, waiting for Taehyung to come into sight. "!" he cursed as he quickly dove back into the cave, barely missing a rock to the head. From the safety of the cave, he looked out at the entrance to see which cave he wanted to check next. He wanted the next one to lead to the one Irene was in, as he wanted to be the first one to make it back. One cave was located near rocks that seemed to be charred black, and the other had flowers and plants in full bloom. "No way the latter is this dragon's lair," Taehyung concluded. He ran to the very back of the cave, mounted his broom, and took a huge breath before flying full speed out of the cave -- the dragon following his trail almost immediately. 

 

The dragon roared and shrieked the closer Taehyung got to the cave, which was on the other side of the spectrum. " ," Taehyung grumbled under his breath, making a sharp turn to the right when he heard the dragon exhale loudly, blowing out a stream of flames. He flew downwards to throw him off, and as soon as the dragon flew downwards, Taehyung flew up again to head right into the cave he was aiming for.

 

As Taehyung quickly caught his breath, he turned around and came face to face with the dragon, and ran further into the cave. The dragon opened its jaws and let out a fiery breath, igniting the hallway with its flames. Taehyung ran past the flames, making a sharp turn to the left, just barely avoiding the flames. "," he breathed, his hand over his rapidly beating heart. As Taehyung followed the path in front of him, it led him to the person he was looking for -- with someone else there.

 

"Jimin, what are you doing here," Taehyung asked, coming from behind him. "I tried unlocking Irene's chains, but it wouldn't budge. I'm guessing it's enchanted to one certain person to unlock it." "Were you planning to save Irene instead of your brother?" Jimin chuckled, shaking his head. "I wanted to save both of them and leave you empty-handed, but I guess my plans are changing." Taehyung glared at him as Jimin waved goodbye, leaving the cave. Taehyung ran over to the slab, immediately starting to cast spells. "Alohomora!" he shouted four times, unlocking each lock. As soon as the fourth lock was unlocked, Irene's eyes fluttered open and she grumbled incoherent words. "Irene, wake up," Taehyung pulled Irene to sit up, and she looked at him with sleepy eyes. "We need to get out of here, come on," he instructed, and held out his hand for her to take. Irene looked at Taehyung and then his hand, and she intertwined her fingers with his, no questions asked. 

 

As Taehyung mounted the broom, Irene perched herself on it behind him, and he looked behind him. "You better hold on to me, I don't want you to fall off," he advised, and Irene hesitantly hugged Taehyung's back, locking her hands in place. "Okay, ready?" he asked, and felt Irene nod her head quietly. The broom then accelerated quickly out of the cave, and away from the mountain. 

 

"Taehyung's in the lead!" Seulgi exclaimed as she and her friends watched the screen intently, their hearts pounding with nerve and anxiety. "Oh , no no no," Wendy mumbled as everyone watched the screen. Taehyung and Irene were on their way back to the arena, but had to stop and fly away when the Hungarian Horntail breathed fireballs in their direction. "Taehyung come on man," Jin winced, shaking his leg in nervousness as he watched Taehyung and Irene fly away from the dragon. "Irene!" Joy and Yeri screamed when the dragon smacked its tail in the direction of Taehyung's broom, causing Taehyung and the broom to front flip and Irene to fly off the broom.

 

Irene fell into a tree and grasped ahold of a branch. She looked around and noticed that the tree was on the very edge of a cliff along with jagged rocks awaiting at the very bottom of the mountain. "Oh ," Irene whimpered, tightening her grip on the branch. Taehyung's breath got caught in his throat when he recovered from the flip and saw Irene hanging on for dear life from the tree. "Irene, hold on!" Taehyung yelled, flying towards her. "Taehyung!" Irene screamed as the branch she held onto suddenly snapped, and she dropped. 

 

Irene expected to die and land on the sharp, jagged rocks, but landed on the Hungarian Horntail instead. "What in the world," Irene caught her breath, gripping onto one of the dragon's horns, "holy I'm on top of a dragon." "Irene is riding a ing dragon," Yoongi's hand was over his mouth, Namjoon, Jin, and Jungkook's jaws dropped, and Yeri, Joy, Wendy, and Seulgi weren't looking at the screen. The girls looked up from their hands with confused looks. "What?"

 

"Irene, jump off!" Taehyung called from under the dragon, and Irene wasn't having it. "Are you ing crazy?!" Irene screamed, "I barely escaped death and you want me to face it again?" "Irene, just trust me!" Irene huffed, not believing Taehyung's insane demands. She looked down at Taehyung, took one deep breath as if it were her last, and pushed herself off the dragon. She fell right into Taehyung's arms, catching her. The broom dipped from the sudden weight, but sustained the both of them. As soon as Taehyung caught her, he flew towards the arena and away from the dragon, who had only noticed of Irene's disappearance when Taehyung and Irene were back at the arena, safe and sound. 

 


 

A/N: holy that was an intense chapter and I was the one writing it. LOL.