Episode 3

Kingdom of Raven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Three

 

I was asked to take seat so I did. In the middle of it I found myself thinking of what’s currently happening. In all honesty, I admit that my mind is pretty much convinced by the idea that Taeyeon and the rest of special student class are not what I think they are—they all gives off a dangerous yet feeling of familiarity, like we all have the same blood within us but that’s plainly ridiculous. At least that’s what I believe.

“Jessica…” My eyes turned to the owner of the name. Her gaze was piercing through Taeyeon who was giving off the same look. The owner of the blonde locks, Jessica, turned her gaze towards me, more like she’s still giving me the same feeling of hate that I can totally feel whenever she looks at me. She clicked her tongue then let out a frustrated sigh.

 

“I got it, tch. If she does something stupid I will kill her.” At that statement, I felt a sudden chill creeping into my spine. Damn, this woman is dangerous.

 

I stepped out of the room, walking in utter silence- eyes checking out the ring from time to time. I have zero idea about what’s going on. First, my best friend suddenly abandoned me, I think? Second, there’s a woman who wanted to kill me. Third, I met some weird people whom I can say are not really what I think they are.

 

The moment I arrived in front of my place I already expected to meet nothing just my clothes lying on the ground, leftover food on the table and unwashed dishes but instead, I was greeted by Taeyeon who was making dinner. She didn’t utter any word, nor did I. We just ate in silence, not really trying to break the comfortable atmosphere. For some reason, we reached the point where words became unnecessary.

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri.” started Taeyeon.

 

I hummed in response, urging her to continue. “By now, I know what’s running inside your head. I am not what you think I am, but this is still me. I already decided to be a protector, Yuri. The others, they need me.”

 

“Taeyeon, I don’t understand. Just what exactly is going on?”

 

“You won’t, Yuri. Not like this, so for now… No matter how hard it is, survive Yuri.” My eyes widened, the spoon fell off my hand, that word. That was the exact thing my brother had told me before he died. Wait.

 

“Taeyeon… do you know my brother?”

 

I rested my head on my arms, still unable to believe anything. Part of me was hoping that it didn’t end up cruelly like that but it does, Taeyeon had just said it but what bother me the most is that—how come me, and my family became associated with ‘not ordinary human being’. It just doesn’t make sense.

 

“They were murdered Yuri and the murderer are looking after you now.”

 

“But… why are you giving me this thing? I mean, does this thing really possessed power that can withstand such enemies?”

 

“I am no ordinary human being Yuri, so does the murderers. When the time comes, I know you will understand everything.”

 

What the hell is this power, protector, murderer I don’t know w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter