Chapter 9

Kingdom of Raven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine

 

“Y-Yuri…”

 

I dropped my arms on my side then turned to the owner of the voice. Jessica was awake, staring at me, looking weak and pale. I was so excited when I finally saw her smiling, hiding the pain yet she was smiling at me even just for a second… even before I felt my side burning in pain and blood pooling around of it; a sword, piercing right into my side. I coughed a blood, grabbing the blade with my bare hands. The sword crumbled into my hands and I saw the man in front of me wiping the smirk off his face, replacing it with an annoyed expression.

 

Out of nowhere, a rod suddenly appeared on his hand. The tip of it glowed and if I didn’t made a move. It will land a direct hit on me. I once again summoned the sword of the raven— I grabbed the hilt of it with both of my hands and the moment I saw the light coming on my way, I slash it with the blade of my sword.

 

I screamed in pain, the momentum of the attack was still there and there’s only one way for me to get through it; a diversion. I was about to make my move when the light coming from my enemy’s attack disappeared—in front of me was Jessica. She was pushing off the attack with her own power.

 

“Hurry up! I can’t hold it for too long.”

 

I threw my sword upwards before I fly once again. I saw the man; Taeyeon’s father, still holding onto his rod to maintain the momentum of his attack but it was all too late. Just like what I did earlier, I held ontp the hilt of my sword tight before throwing it off directly into the enemy’s chest.

 

He stumbled a few step back and I landed right in front of him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him close, palm landing directly on his face, making him turned into an ash slowly.

 

His screamed echoed around the place but I didn’t care anymore. I turned to Jessica one last time. She was running towards my direction- she’s so beautiful… I wish to hold her, if only… if only it’s not too late anymore.

 

I looked down at the blood oozing from my body and chuckled.

 

I turned then smiled at her before falling lifelessly on the cold pavement.

 

I love you always, Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

With you always around, I cannot help falling in love. You’re the moon that keeps on giving light into my dark path, with you I can be me, with you I know I don’t need to act like anybody else. As long as I’m with you… but you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter