Episode 7

Kingdom of Raven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Seven

 

“Yuri, Yuri, you need to wake up.”

 

“Jessica?” The woman with a long straight jet black locks slapped me on my arm before glaring playfully.

 

“Do you really love my sister that much? Yah, Kwon Yuri!”

 

She smiled, sadness visible in it. “Krystal…”

 

“Don’t give me that look, Yuri. Come on, the king wanted to meet you.”

 

The region of raven shared a good relationship with the ice. The two regions are connected via the tunnel of Nyck. It is an underground tunnel made by the two regions as a sign of a good friendship that started over a century ago and because of that passage, the royal blood of raven often visited the royals of ice.

 

While Yuri’s older brother was fated to be the future husband of the eldest princess of the ice. Yuri was assigned to be the partner of the youngest but since then she knows—her heart only belongs to someone she can’t have; the older princess.

 

“Yuri, I want to fly. I want to see the whole kingdom again… for the last time.” I wasn’t able to catch the last word that Krytal had said but I did comply on her wish. I wished I had fallen for you instead princess, in that way. We both won’t have to suffer like this.

 

We soared into the sky. The smile on Krystal’s face that I rarely see was now visible once again. It’s not wrong and I am capable of making it right.

 

“Krystal. Give me a chance to love you.”

 

Somehow with Krystal always around I found comfort, I found love, I found a reason to forget; but it never last long. She was killed without a trace of any culprit.

 

Not too long after that—the feelings I tried so hard to forget, came rushing back like a gust of wind.

 

I was met by a chilly surrounding the moment I opened my eyes. The smell of hospital welcomed me together with a searing pain on my back.  I tried moving my body but failed, being restricted by some wires around my arms and body.

 

Yoona and Hyoyeon’s face came into my view. They are both looking down at me with melancholic expression and I couldn’t help but wonder why.

 

“They tried saving them...” Hyoyeon sat down on the space next to me.

 

“Them?” Her words made me puzzled.

 

“Jessica, she—“

 

I widened my eyes in disbelief. The outrage slowly creeping inside me, Yoona gently patted my shoulder. She was shaking her head as soon as I turned to her. I was puzzled.

 

I forced them to guide me towards the others. Tiffany, Sunny, Sooyoung and Seohyun are all in one room they were all sleeping with an oxygen mask, lifeless body, and bruises. I tried scanning the room once again, trying to look for a certain blonde woman but she wasn’t there. I tried making sure that it was nothing but a joke…

 

When I turned to Yoona, she avoided my gaze. I felt my knees turning jelly. It couldn’t be. There’s no way. I tried to shake the idea out of my head, I had enough of feeling this way already, losing everything—everyone. I don’t want any of this to happen once again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter