Six

It's All His Fault!

A/N: Skipping to episode 107, when Gary had a back injury and wasn’t able to film. Sorry I was gone for so long due to tests (and some severe writer’s block…..)!!! But tests are finally over so I can probably write more often now! Yeeey!

 

           A couple weeks had passed since Jihyo and Gary’s first awkward pairing in that car. They hadn’t progressed much in terms of friendship since then, but Jihyo had to admit that it was nice to be able to genuinely greet him and bid him goodbye at the beginning and ending of each day of filming.

          They were given different starting locations for that Monday’s episode, but when the members all gathered together in the car that came to pick them up afterwards, she was surprised to discover that Gary wasn’t there.

          Kwangsoo noticed her quick, furtive scan of the people in the car and smirked. “Looking for somebody, noona?”

          She hastily leaned back in the seat. “No.”

          Jongkook commented from the front seat, “He hurt his back.”

          “He did?” Jongkook made a noise of affirmation, and then there was a lull in the conversation before Jihyo started again.

          “So, do you know when Gary-oppa is coming back again?” She asked, trying not to sound overly concerned.

          Without looking up from the GPS he was fiddling with, Jongkook breezily replied, “I never said I was talking about Gary.” Kwangsoo burst into laughter, ing his hand forward for a high-five from Jongkook. Jihyo shook her head at the immaturity of her costars and crossed her arms.

           Kwangsoo finally stopped laughing to wipe tears from his eyes. “Hyung will be back in 3 weeks while he recovers.” he told her, and then their conversation ended as Jaesuk struck up a conversation with the Gaeko, who came in place for Gary.

           The theme for that day’s episode was a little odd that day, as she noted to Suk Jin during break, who in turn shrugged and remarked, “You’re just feeling weird because Gary’s not here.”

           In any case, filming went by speedily, but as she was taking off her makeup, Kwang soo stuck his head into the room.

           “Noona.”

           “What?”

           “Wanna go visit Gary-hyung with me and Haha-hyung and Jongkook hyung?”

           She hesitated, pausing with her sponge in midair.

           “Eii…. Just go, noona.” Kwangsoo came into the room and took the sponge from her hand, helping her to quickly wipe the makeup off her face with rough . “You said you were going to try to be friends with Gary hyung anyway. Don’t you think that you’re not trying hard enough?”

           “Yah, stop!” She yelled when he almost stabbed her eye out. “I’ll do it myself.”

            Kwangsoo held the sponge out of her reach. “Are you gonna come? You don’t have anything better to do anyway. You said that your boyfriend was working overtime today,” he reminded her.

            Dang it. She should have kept shut. She stood up to snatch the sponge out of his hand. “I do too have something better to do,” she grumbled.

           “Like what? Sleep?”

           She ignored him, cleaning off the rest of the makeup.

           He leaned against the counter and crossed his arms smugly. “Silence is affirmation, noona. Just come!” he whined.

           She let out a deep sigh. “Get out of the room so I can change!”

           He grunted unhappily. "Fine. At least think about it!” Then he exited the room, shouting, “Friends are supposed to help in times of need, noona!” before leaving Jihyo to finish with her makeup in peace. Her manager came to pick her up and she got in the car.

           "Going home already?” Her manager asked. She made a noise of agreement, then pulled out her phone to call her boyfriend. After a few rings, it became clear that he wasn't going to pick up, and she sighed. She leaned back in her chair to sleep, but she couldn't stop thinking about what Kwangsoo said.

           “Friends are supposed to help in times of need.”

           She thought back to that day when Gary had called her to the top floor of the carpark. “I want to be friends with you,” he had said. And he had worked hard at it, hadn’t he? She remembered how he had invited her to eat with him and Haha, and how he had taken care of her the entire day they had filmed together, getting her ramen for her and trying to make her feel comfortable. She couldn’t say the same thing for herself. Maybe, as Kwangsoo had said, she had not been trying hard enough.

           She sighed and typed into her phone. Okay, Kwangsoo. What’s the address?