Twenty-one

It's All His Fault!

A/N: If you’re still reading this story, you are way too good to me, and I don’t deserve it. T_T I’m so sorry for not updating for so long. My event thing is over now, yay! I also had to celebrate my dad’s b-day, and a friend that I haven’t seen for years suddenly came to visit. But I’m free now! (Though the electricity was gone this morning and I wouldn’t have been able to update..! But it came back on :D)

It was Tuesday of the next week, and for some reason, Jihyo was in a bad mood. Her movie was already in the midst of promotion activity, which was fine by her, since the film was well received, even if making live appearances for the media and fan meetings made her feel exhausted. But at the same time, she was filming for yet another movie, and was just in the beginning stages of her newest drama. On top of all of that and Running Man, her manager had decided to schedule several commercials and photoshoots for her. Feeling stressed, she tried calling her boyfriend about it, but he seemed very busy in Japan and could only ever talk for a few minutes. So she opted for calling up Kwangsoo for a few drinks at a private bar that a friend owned, but the tall man seemed to be distracted, constantly shifting his eyes around the room, as if he were looking for someone.

            “I’m telling you, Girin,” she was saying, pushing her glass towards the bartender for a refill, “My manager is trying to work me to death or something.”

            “Mhmm,” Kwangsoo grunted, and his eyes scanned the bar for the umpteenth time. She frowned.

            “Are you looking for someone or something?”

            He snapped back to attention, facing her quickly. “Uh, no, noona. You were saying?” He motioned for her to continue on. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

            “What? Who is it?” She looked over his shoulder to see who he could possibly be looking at. “Or were you subtly checking out some pretty lady sitting over there?” she teased.

            The tips of Kwangsoo’s ears turned red. “N-no… just drink, noona,” he said, hastily shoving Jihyo’s refilled drink into her hands. She took a sip and looked down at his own untouched margarita. She nudged it towards him.

            “Yah. Why aren’t you drinking?”

            Kwangsoo made a duh face. “Uh, because I can’t drink well. You know that.” She rolled her eyes.

            “Serves me right for going drinking with someone who can’t hold his liquor.” She took another sip of her drink. Kwangsoo, in the meantime, had reverted back to looking around the room. She sighed. At least this was better than simmering by herself at home.

    Something suddenly caught Kwangsoo’s eye, and he stood up without warning. “Look, noona, it’s Haha-hyung and Gary-hyung,” he recited methodically, as if reading from a script. Jihyo turned around to see Haha come lumbering towards their table, with Gary in tow. She raised her eyebrows at Kwangsoo.

            “Yo, Girin-ah!” Haha boomed, giving Kwangsoo a friendly high five. He nodded at Jihyo in greeting. “Jihyo. What a coincidence!” The waggle of his eyebrow at Kwangsoo, however, made Jihyo feel a little suspicious.

            Gary, who trailed after Haha, wore a surprised expression on his face, evidently shocked to see her and Kwangsoo there, but he recovered and patted Kwangsoo’s back in greeting, also nodding at her before turning to Haha.

            “What are you two up to?”Jihyo could make out the words by reading his lips, though he had been whispering. She turned to the mischievous Kwangsoo, who had not stopped grinning like a fool since Gary and Haha had shown up.

            “What indeed are you doing?” she queried. Kwangsoo leaned down and nudged Jihyo with his shoulder.

            “Well, you wanted to talk about your problems and have a drink, but I can’t drink well, so here’s someone who can!” He not-so-subtly pointed at Gary, who was still whispering to Haha, and sniggered. Jihyo rolled her eyes. It was no secret to her that her friends were all rooting for her and Gary, and apparently her even having a boyfriend didn’t stop that.

            Haha had finished talking to Gary, so he clapped his hands together, smiling at Jihyo devilishly. “Well, now, I think it’s time for me to go play some basketball. Kwangsoo-ya?”

            “Yes, hyung!” He gave Haha a high five, and the two of them headed out of the bar together. Jihyo sighed.

            “Might as well take a seat, oppa,” she motioned to the chair that Kwangsoo had vacated. Gary grinned sheepishly, sitting down and placing his arms on the counter.

            “Those two monkeys,” he said apologetically. “No wonder Haha came all the way to my studio and dragged me out. He told me that I needed to take a break for a few minutes or so.”

            “Are you working on a new album already?” Jihyo asked. “I thought you just released one not so long ago?”

            “I did. I was actually there to help write a song for a friend. And I’ve been seeing about maybe releasing a solo album one day.”

            “Wow, you’re always working hard, oppa.”

            “Yeah, well,” he tapped his fingers against the glass countertop, maybe a little embarrassed. “Gotta do what you gotta do. It does get stressful sometimes. What about you? You’ve got a movie out in theaters, and another drama coming soon?”

            “Eoh. Another movie too,” she told him. And the rest of the evening spent talking to him went by in a blur.

A/N: I wasn’t sure how to continue on from the previous chapter, and I know this one is short. So I have another update coming up today :)