His Story

DADDY

.

Nichkhun and Mei is eating in silent, the atmospher is so awkward after the last night incident.

Nichkhun is not mad at Mei but he's kinda disappointed that she chose to leave him.

"Dad.. where are we going this weekend?" She ask him as twirling her noodle but Nichkhun kept in silent. He want her understand her mistake.

"Dad.. are you still mad at me?" She sigh

They are separated by table but Mei feels like her dad is miles away from her. She drop her fork and go to her Dad's side

"Dad. Im sorry" she said and hug him
Nichkhun cant help but melt at his daughter action. He hug her back.

"Dont ever do that again, okay? Im so worried and sad that Mei left Daddy last night"
She nod and cry

"Now. You stop crying and we will go to everywhere you want to go"
Nichkhun said. Mei was thinking in silent as their destination is on her.


"Dad. I havent said Thank you to the lady who drove me home last night. What if we search her and give her something?"
Nichkhun amazed that his little girl remember Tiffany.

"Really? Lets call her then" Nichkhun said make his daughter confuse
"Do you know her?"
"She's my old friend"
"Really? Lets visit her!" Mei is so happy she is jumping up and down while Nichkhun actually dont want to meet her but as a good Dad they have to thank her formaly.

"Call her! Call her daddy!" His daughter plead and he cant help so she call Tiffany's number

"Hi.. Tiff.. do i distrub you?"
Nichkhun can hear her just woke up voice.
"No.... Is it khun?" I
He thought she's still half awake
"Yeah"
And there is long silent before Nichkhun pass the phone to his daughter.

"Hi.. unnie.." Mei talk to her like talking to her best friend.
How can both of them sound so friendly even they just met for the first time?

"Daddy.. Tiffany unnie ask me to come to her house." Mei said.

Nichkhun sigh
He never thought that Mei and Tiffany will know each other.


Tiffany POV
I woke up cause my phone is ringing.
My head is still a bit dizzy, i just sleep for like 4 hours and Thank God its Saturday so i dont have any work to do.
I answer my phone and the caller sounds familiar.

Is it him? It couldnt be him, right?
Just last night i thought i have to get over him and right now he call me?

I talk to his daughter and she is so cute!
Never know this kinda thing will happen but yeah it happened.
I ask them to come. It felt better to talk to Mei than her father.
Because talking to him makes you felt terrify sometimes.

After the call i hurry to take a bath and clean the condo. I just realize it is so messy! What kind of girl am i?!

I look at the clock that almost show 2 pm and i felt nervous to see them here.
Nichkhun always act so cold to me and im afraid if we're gonna have a fight ot awkward infront of Mei.

The bells of my condo distruct my thought.
"Unnie" my nervous is gone after i hear her voice sweet voice.
"Hi!" I welcome her with glee and hug her which she welcome it nicely while i look up to Nichkhun who seem confuse at the sight right now.

"Lets go in" i said and Nichkhun give me a box of pizza.
"Thank you" he still not saying anything

"Unnie you said you have a pink couch"
"There. You can also watch movie there. Make yourself comfortable sweetheart" Tiffany point at the living room.

 


Nichkhun follow her daughter and look at the pink couch. Its definitely the couch given by him. He then go to find Tiffany in the kitchen thats heating the pizza.

"Can i help you?" Nichkhun finally spoke
"Its okay. You can wait in the living room" Tiffany said and open the oven but she touch the hot spot.
"Aww" she shout and Nichkhun run to her and deep her finger with the cold water.

"You stay there" command him which Tiffany follow
She watch his action as he serve the pizza
"You used to do this" Tiffany said making Nichkhun look at her.

When Nichkhun's eyes met her there is such an old feeling like spark in her heart everytime he look at her.

"I do it everyday" Nichkhun said and smile. It is the first time he smile at her after 7 years.

"Mei is a good kid. You did a very good job on rising her"
"Thank you. But she actually feels lonely at times, you know that i have to work and sometimes overseas so im very sorry to her"
"I will come and see her if you're okay with it"
"I dont want to burden you Tiff" he said as he wash his hands
"No! You're not, Mei is a sweet girl and its kinda lonely here too" Tiffany is looking down with both arms wrap her body.
"Okay then. You have to visit us sometimes" Nichkhun smile

They had their good time together by watching Finding Nemo and eating pizza.
Mei was sitting between them and Nichkhun start to act silly infront of them make them laugh wholeheartly.

And just like that Mei is sleeping due tired of laughing.

"She slept?" Ask Tiffany and kiss her cheek.
"Yeah. I think we need to go home"
"No. Just let her sleep a bit more, you gonna wake her up if you lift her now"
And Nichkhun agree.

He place Mei in Tiffany's bed
"Wow. It all pink" and Tiffany chuckle as it is her dream to have a pink room.

"Yeah. I kinda decorate it a little bit." They sit and talk a bit in the living room with a bottle of coke in their hand.

"Where are you all these years?" Ask Nichkhun look at Tiffany
"I've been working to South California, LA and last time was in New York" she said. She herself proud and cant believe she could achieve her dream that fast in such a young age.
"Cool! Its good to hear you are in a place you are dream of" Nichkhun give her a high five, just like a little kid.

"How about you?" Tiffany ask him but deep inside of her heart, she's not ready to hear his story. She's afraid that what he have been through and the reality will hurt her.

"I start my life from zero and traveling and enjoying life. Then i met Mei's mom in Beijing."
He smile faintly
And that hurt Tiffany's heart the smile he shared while he talk about someone else. But she can ask nothing. She might be nothing for him, not even a friend.

"Do i know her?" He nod, her heart beat louder like they are in a movie and everything went slow.
"Victoria Song. Our childhood friend"
He said.

Tiffany remember that Victoria came to Seoul in their last year of school and she has a crush on Nichkhun when they were still an item, they were broke up once because of her, Tiffany felt irritated and jealousy while Nichkhun not helping at all that time.

"So you really did have feeling for her back then?!" Tiffany judge him too soon, jealousy eat her up then she realize that she's no one for him.

"Sorry" she said and look away from him

"I never had any special feeling for her before, what i had for you was real." He walk closer to Tiffany.

"Sorry" she said once again as she look down on the floor

"You dont have to. Its all over anyway" Nichkhun put up her chin to look at him

"I ruin everything, khun. I ruin myself, i ruin you, us...." her eyes b with tears

"Im sorry. Thats what i want to say to you. I hope you forgive what i did. I was wrong and selfish and egoist and greedy that i neglect you" she said and hug him

"Its ok" the only thing he said and he broke the hug

He wipe her tears with his thumb
"Aigoo.. you look like a kid at Mei's age right now. Dont cry or you ruin your make up and looks ugly, aunt Tiffany" he joke and receive a punch on his arm from her.

"I am pretty without make up!"
She said and turn on the tv
They are replay the Finding Nemo again but they actually find their heart communicate to each other back.

There was a silent moment but it feels really good just to know he is sitting beside you.

"Do you love her?" Tiffany ask him out of nowhere
"Who?"
"Victoria" just say her name makr her to think twice.
"I love her" his answer hurt her heart. She dont have any idea. Why he still give her big impact in her heart. Its been years and its crazy.

"Im happy that you found someone who really love you. You deserve it."
Tiffany said even she know its only hurt her own feeling.

"But she left me too" he look down
"Why?"
"She was dying when i met her. I told you before that she has a weak heart. She is just a fragile girl who act to be strong" Nichkhun said making her remember the old time they had.


Flashback
"She is my friend, i need to protect her and she is sick right now" Nichkhun said. They used to date every saturday but today Nichkhun cant even met cause he have to accompany Victoria in the hospital.

"Why you have to take care of her? Where is all her friend? Why you?"

"Please, i dont want us to fight again because of this Steph. She live alone and im just gonna accompany her until her parents come. Ok sweetheart?" But Tiffany stay silent

"Im asking your understanding Tiffany" the way he call her make her terrified, something goes wrong.

"I hope you could love me better nichkhun" she said making everything worse

"Its up to you Tiff. You can choose someone you want to be with now" he said before he end the call.

Tiffany cant believe it. She is hoping they could have a date tonight, its not what she want.

She cant sleep that night until the next day she met him coming late to the class and the teacher inform them that Victoria is moving out.
Everybody shocked and Tiffany look at Nichkhun asking for explanation.

"Do she really move out? Why?" Tiffany ask
"Isnt it what you wanted? Have you find another boy?" He said in sacastic make her shut off.
"Her condition is getting worse and nobody take care of her here, so her parents move her to China" Nichkhun said still avoid to look at her.
Tiffany stop her question and burry her head in her desk.

They didnt talk the whole day and they just hurt each other heart by their act.
Until the class is over and empty but the two lovers.
Tiffany peak at Nichkhun who's standing and wait for her, but she's just cant think of it anymore.
She felt guilty, sad and confuse.

Tiffany is pissed at him who still ignore her and she walk away without even looking at him.
Nichkhun caught her hand right away.

"Where are you going?" She sigh
"Home" she dont want to look at him or they will fight.. again..
"She's just a friend, you know that. She's here alone but your family here. You have all of me." He said and cup her face to look at him
"But i dont feel like you are here" she said as she hold the tears in her eyes. She dont want to cry infront of him.
"What are you talking about Steph?"
"I dont have all of you" She said before leaving him there alone.

End of flashback

"And she died not even when Mei's age turn a year" Nickhun continue make Tiffany gasp
"Im sorry to hear that"
She really is, she felt guilty that she never have a positive thought on Victoria. She was blinded by jealousy.

"It must be hard for you for raising Mei alone"
"At first. But i used to it. Its such a blessed that i can watch her grow up" He smile to Tiffany lovingly make her cheek blush.
"Its good to hear it from you. At least you are not alone. You had Mei." She said give him her eyesmile


"And how about you?..." ask him and she suddenly change her expression.

 

How to tell him....?