Day 5(Past)

The Emperor's Seamstress

   May 2nd 1910

Dear Diary,

~Morning~

I woke up today feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I did all my chores before my parents woke and even spent some time in the gardens. There I had seen the most beautiful roses and forget-me-nots, I had to get my sketch pad. When I found it I ran back as quickly as I could and was startled on my arrival.  A young man was standing at the edge of the garden inspecting the petals with his long fingers. I watched from a distance as he lent in to sniff the flowers. He looked over my way, then did a double take. He was staring right at me! 
He was very handsome, a strong jaw line, and light eyes, his height was beyond any man I've seen before, and his clothes, oh his clothes! Such magnificent fabrics and so nicely made! He began to call out to me.

"Excuse me young lady, is this where the seamstress shop is?" His voice was soft yet stern. I began to walk slowly over to him and told him that it was but most of our supplies were stolen by thieves. 

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! But if I may, would I be able to speak with your father?" Is what he asked. I said yes and told him to wait by the garden as I got my father. My father was a bit dazed when he had gotten out to the man.

" Young prince! What can I help you with?" My father bowed to the man. Young prince? Could this be the prince of this land? He was younger then I expected and not as scary as the stories. He was rather kind and slow. He had asked my father if he was able to make him some new clothes for some type of event. My father explained that we had nothing left from the theft, but the prince insisted that he would give us all the supplies we needed. I was ecstatic! I still am! 
~N
oon~

My sister and mother come into the shop to see what had happened, my father told them that the young prince had been here. My mother was in awe, while Cali was too occupied with the cleaning. 

Cali did not care that the prince had come she would rather sow then chatter, but if she had seen him, things might be different.

Soon the royal guards came back with the supplies and my family got straight to work. 

            


Author's note:

The pictures I will be using will be sketches that the main character(Rim) does in her Diary, they are not all my own drawings(such as the one above) but I will contribute my own in chapters to come. Please comment what you think of this story or chapter so far, thanks :)