Day 14(Past) Wooyoung's POV

The Emperor's Seamstress

This chapter is written in Wooyoung's POV and is not diary format, that is why the font has changed.


I hope she isn't late. My heart is just racing. Why am I like this? My palms are sweating too! 

I look over at the crowd walking in, but I stay mostly behind the curtain. 

"Sir you can't go out yet, your father's order." A servant says while trying to prepare for my entrance. I simply nod and thank them for telling me although I knew it already. I'm really excited, but is this nervousness I feel also? A prince should never feel like this, we are supposed to push our feelings to the side to do whatever is right for the Kingdom... 

I wait and wait but still do not see her. I see the princess and king of some land, I forgot what father said their country was.

When father read the description of her she seemed so boring, I can't believe I have to be around her all night. I really want to be around Rim. She's so interesting and real. 

It's around the time my father and I are supposed to go out to the guests. I take a deep breath and begin to walk. The curtains pull back and I'm face to face with Rim. She bows fast realizing her mistake.

"I'm sorry I was just looking for you, it's my first time in here and that man over there said you'd be over here." She was panicking and everybody was watching and whispering. I held her hands and leaned in towards her ear.

"It's perfectly fine, would you like to accompany me to the first dance of the night?" She nods and I can see her glow brightly. We walk down the steps and my father begins the ball. I take her out to the middle of the dance floor and she is shaking. 

"I've never danced in front of so many people before-"

"Just look at me, nobody else." She looks me in the eyes and nods. I begin to start the dance and she surprisingly isn't bad. We twirl and twirl, I can tell people are watching us more intently than before and suddenly it doesn't matter, I'm only looking at her. 

When the dance is over I begin to say something but am interrupted by a loud crash outside.

Thunder and lightning!

It began to pour and the sounds grew louder. The music stopped and everyone grew quiet.

Another loud crash, women screamed and men panicked and the lights went off.

My father began to try calming people down. I looked over at Rim, but she was missing. She was being dragged by a slender man in a black tux. 

"Rim! Rim!" I push through the crowd and find the man and Rim on the stairs. "Hey! Stop!"

The man just quickens his speed and Rim is screaming out to me.

"Wooyoung!"

He makes it outside to the front courtyard, but suddenly Rim breaks free. The man grabs her and she screams. I finally make it to them and rip Rim from his arms and set her down. She's crying. 

"Are you okay?!" She just begins to bawl. 

Unexpectedly the man stops running and looks towards the sky. It was lit up so brightly as if the clouds were on fire.

The rain was still beating down on our skin and with one ginormous clap of thunder, we were pushed onto the ground and everything....went ....dark.