Day 4(Past)

The Emperor's Seamstress

April 30th 1910

Dear Diary,

Hongbin and I go and walk by a stream near the village. As we were walking my over coat blew into the water. I screamed and scrambled to get it, but I fell in and Hongbin jumped in to save me, even though the stream is fairly shallow, but I'll let him think he saved me :) 

We went home after that and it was not pretty, our parents were so mad! I thought father was going to explode with anger, he looked like a tea kettle, getting red hot and bubbling over... But instead of water it was aggression. He slapped my hands and yelled, but Hongbin had a worse punishment from his father... Sleeping in the stable for the night.

My father led me inside as Hongbin's father led him to the stable. Not even a change of clothes, he had to stay in his wet ones. He had one blanket and a lamp. I'm going to sneak another blanket and some food out once I get the chance.

~Midnight~

Hongbin is asleep now, but he was really grateful for the little I brought. Oh I was so embarrassed! I walked in on him drying his clothes ! I yelped in fright and covered my eyes. Hongbin jumped and put on pants right away.

Our faces were so red after that and it was hard to meet his eye. He then said I should stop acting embarrassed since I was not the one who was . I nodded and hid my face and he lifted my face up and kissed me!!!! My face is still red!

He kissed me! He kissed me! He kissed me!

What does this mean? I'm so confused!