Day 11(Past)

The Emperor's Seamstress

June 24th 1910

 

Dear Diary

It has been a week since I've been with my family and the prince has not come back since that night.

I wonder why?

His assistant brought me everything I needed for weaving and sewing and even a machine that does hand sewing for you! It is made of some type of metal that is very shinny. I've never seen anything like it! 

He left a note with it also...

"Dear Rim,
I have bought you a western style sewing machine, they believe it makes work a whole lot quicker, I hope it is to your liking.
~Wooyoung "


It is very nice... I wonder how it works. 

~Evening~


A knock came to my door earlier and it was the prince's assistant. He gave me an invitation from the prince to join him.


"The prince has requested your presence. He would like to walk through the gardens with you." When he said that my heart skipped a beat.

Oh I want to see the whole garden so badly! I've only seen the flowers by my room.

I wonder if Wooyoung likes gardens as much as I do.

Anyways I must go and see the prince. Maybe he'll let me sketch in the garden so I won't have to sneak out.
__________________________________________________________________
You will never guess what he told me.

He told me that he understood how unhappy I am at the moment for being moved from my family and love...

And he is letting me venture anywhere I want as long as I have him or a servant present. So he is going to send a servant girl named Bec to accompany me in my room and on walks.

She is my age as I've learned and is from a village close to the palace. She is also very bright. I hope to get to know her better as the days grow longer....

I wish I could see Hongbin once more, so I can tell him my feelings. I can't stop thinking about him, he's always on my mind.

I hope I dream of him! Goodnight diary!