Day 14(Past)

The Emperor's Seamstress

June 30th 1910

 

Dear Diary,

Today there is a grand ball held in the honor of a king and his daughter coming to visit. I assume the king wishes to marry off his daughter to the Emperor or his son. I'm not sure if I like that idea... I hate forced marriages, I just find them silly.

Why marry somebody you do not love?! It saddens me. 

Surprisingly Wooyoung has invited me. I do not know if I will make an appearance of not. Bec is almost forcing me to go. So I suppose I should, right? He has even offered to pay for my dress! 

~Evening~

Bec and I went into town and found the most gorgeous dress I have ever seen! A woman who probably didn't have a penny to her name was trying to sell her treasure on the side of the road, so I decided to look through them and found the dress!

It has only a small tear underneath which I can easily fix. The woman tried to give it to me for free but I refused, she was so kind. I gave her all the money the Prince had given me.

Her face was in shock and she began to weep before me.  She kept repeating "Thank you, Thank you..." I hated leaving that woman, I wish I could've brought her back with me.

When I took my dress to my room a message from the Prince was waiting for me. 


"I will be at the highest peak of the ballroom, I will wait for you there. Please do not be late.  ~Wooyoung "

I can't believe I'm actually going.