Chapter 5

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For whatever reason, after so long of being disconnected with each other, their parents had set up a dinner at a fancy restaurant in JinYoung City that night. Since neither of them are very much into the idea of giving in into driving miles to get on the city each were in, they just agreed to meet halfway.

 

Their mother had chosen a fancy restaurant that overlooks the city lights up in the private dining room with glass walls. Darie would’ve appreciated the sights, especially when the city outside is glowing with different lights, exclaiming with oohs and ahhs. But no.

 

She was too busy glowering at her sister who was seated across from her wearing a glower exactly like her own. Sandie was stabbing the meat vegetables with her fork as she glared at Darie alternately while, of course, raised with impeccable manners and etiquette, Darie can only respond with piercing glares at her twin while sitting ramrod straight in her chair.

 

Their parents seemed oblivious to the simmering hostiilty between the twins as they ate their dinner in their own little world that it made Sandie wonder why they even bother setting up this family dinner when each of them is too busy talking to their phone to even notice their daughters glaring at each other to death.

 

After finding out what happened on that student’s page, Sandie had stormed inside their mother’s house forgetting that she was supposed to have a broken ankle, leaving Donghae inside his car with that mystified look on his face. She had been steaming, practically seeing the fire with each breath she exhaled out as she paced back and forth inside her room looking at her phone, searching for something that might tell her it might just be a hoax. She had been tempted to send a message to CL but what would happen if she did and her stupid sister is just sitting beside her?

 

She didn’t know why she still cares about that stupid will. All she knows is that if there’s someone who’s gonna quit around here just because things went awry, then it’s not going to be her. It will never be her! She was still seething when her mom went up to her room and told her they’re going to have a family dinner at JinYoung City with her dad and Darie. She really didn’t want to see her sister right now and she told her mom she’s too tired. But she end up agreeing when her mom told her she can ride her bike to JinYoung, She had missed her baby so much that seeing her sister would probably be worth it.

 

But now that she’s sitting across from her, she realized not even riding her bike can blot out the image of her sister kissing her ultimate rival while wearing everything of her. She knew she did it to get back at her for kissing her lame-, rigid Mr. President but at least, Sandie kissed someone Darie likes. Darie kissed someone she detested. That is completely the epitome of obliterating any filial relationship they have.

 

“So, how was your first day?” Their mom finally looked away from her phone for a moment to ask them. Their father resumed drinking his wine as he shifted more comfortably in his seat, his attention now on them.

 

Sandie smiled widely at their mom. “Oh everything’s perfec!” Her tone of voice indicated a brewing temper. “So perfect that I think your perfect daughter deserves an award.” Her smiling face fell as she glared at her twin.

 

Darie couldn’t believe she’s pinning the blame on her with this whole catastrophe. She narrowed her eyes at her while responding in a calm sarcastic tone. “Oh don’t give me all the credit, dear sis. We both know you did better.”

 

Sandie smirked as she stabbed the meat with her fork. “I guess you were right. I guess I can do more tomorrow. Shall I send you another video?”

 

Darie’s chest fell up and down trying not to blow up on the dinner table. Why is Sandie so vindictive? Her threats is becoming too much for her to keep calm.

 

“Sure,” Darie responded with gritted teeth keeping up with this stupid farce of joviality. “And I’ll make sure to send you one too so we could compare.”

 

Sandie seems unperturbed with what Darie said but she could see a tightening of her jaw.

 

“You really want to compare?” Sandie asked with a low tone but the smile is still in place. “Be careful with what you wish for sissy. ”

 

“Oh don’t be like that, darling sister,” Darie said matching her tone. “We both know you’re good at what you do. The question is, can you handle what I can do?”

 

Sandie’s pretense of a smile fell off completely as her eyes shoot daggers on her sister’s flawless face and Darie rejoice at that little victory. Their parents just fell silent on the table with their brows creased in puzzlement as they watched the odd exchange. Darie smiled widely as she took her phone out of her pocket and adopted a thoughtful expression. “Maybe I should call GD to ask him what I should bring him and the rest of his gang tomorrow as a sign of… friendship.”

 

That’s it! Sandie slammed her hands on the table startling their parents, especially her dad who seemed to jump on his seat at the sound. Sandie stood up angrily ignoring the chair that toppled over as she fumed. Darie’s blasé expression as she said that is really annoying! “You are so full of yourself. You got back at me because of that president of yours that you’re liking to death? Well, news flash. Without me doing what I did, you wouldn’t even know that he doesn’t even like you. You haven’t even spoken to him and he already dumped you.”

 

Darie felt her heart being ripped out by what her sister said but she stood up too getting red in the face. “That is not the point!”

 

“What is your point?” Sandie said. “Oh right. It’s about how you lied to me.”

 

“Would you stop being so childish?!”

 

“I am childish?”

 

“Well you’re certainly not mature,” Darie said sarcastically.

 

“Girls! Girls!” Their mom interjected looking so appalled at the outburst of temper while having dinner.

 

“She started it!” They both told their mom.

 

“Sit down,” their father said in quiet voice.

 

“She did everything I asked her not to!” Sandie said hotly. “And she did all that by lying to me!”

 

“I did everything you asked me but you retaliated by doing everything to make me look like a joke!” Darie responded back.

 

“Sit. Down.” Their father’s commanding tone stopped them and Darie sat down heaving while Sandie just kept standing, crossing her arms over her chest. 

 

“What is going on?” Their mother asked.

 

“Sandie, sit down,” her father commanded again.

 

“No,” Sandie said. “Not until Darie admits she was wrong.”

 

“We were both wrong,” Darie said. “You’re always putting the blame on anyone but yourself.”

 

“At least I’m not lying about it,” Sandie said.

 

“Alright, girls, quiet!” Their mother interrupted again. Then she let out a heavy breath as her gaze went from Sandie to Darie to Sandie again. “Sit down Sandie.”

 

“No.”

 

“Sit. Down!” Her mother’s eyes flared at her.

 

“No,” Sandie repeated stubbornly. She never listened to her dad so what made her mom thinks she will listen to her?

 

“Sandie.” Her father’s tone changed and she knew her’s getting pissed off with her attitude to her mom. Feeling like her family is ganging up on her, she pulled the chair beside her and sat down heavily, seething. How is this her fault? Darie started this fight! And she only defended herself!

 

“Now,” their mother started. “Tell me what’s going on.” Her eyes directed at Darie who didn’t speak and just glared at the plate of food in front of her. “Darie?”

 

“I’ll tell you what’s going on,” Sandie said. “Darie cracked under the pressue by playing me, got scared but pretended she didn’t, lied to me, and managed to ruin my life in less than 24 hours.”

 

“Would you stop it?” Darie crossly.

 

“No, I am not going to stop it,” Sandie bit back.

 

“Again, girls,” their mother interjected again. “Can either of you explain what’s this about?”

 

“Sandie is acting childish over a trivial matter, if that isn’t obvious enough,” Darie said.

 

“I believe this is about them acting as each other,” their father told their mom.

 

Their mother shook her head. “This is what I’m talking about. I told you girls this was a bad idea. A completely ridiculous idea your grandfather had come up with. I know this is gonna happen.” Her gaze went back and forth to Sandie and Darie. “Your father told me to give you time to make decisions of your own. As much as I am against this idea, I conceded because I realized your father might be right. But seeing the two of you now….” She shook her head. “You girls are going to stop this senseless fight. You girls are going to make up and return back to your life. Forget about your grandfather’s will and just quit. Do you understand me?”

 

Darie’s eyes went to Sandie’s face who was looking back at her. They were both piercing each other with deathly glares. Darie wanted to quit and repair the mess Sandie made with her life. Who cares about the will now? She cared more of her life as Darie than whatever her grandfather cooked up.

 

Sandie wanted to quit too and rush back in school tomorrow morning to punch the daylights out of GD Kwon. That’ll fix that lovers rumor to rest.

 

But neither of them wanted to speak about quitting first. They calculated each other’s face wondering who will concede at the silent fight of their challenging glares.

 

Sandie clenched her jaw annoyed that Darie is too stubborn to quit first. She could see it in her eyes that she wanted to get back to her life but was too arrogant to admit it. After an interminable silence, Sandie spoke with the intention of making her twin admit of quitting as well infuriating her to no end.

 

“I’ll keep doing it,” Sandie said with a raised brow. “Unless Darie wouldn’t want me to anymore.”

 

Darie knew exactly what Sandie is trying to play at. She was waiting for her to throw in the towel and after that, Sandie will keep taunting her about being a quitter. And as much as she hated to let Sandie be her, she won’t be the one to give in first. She knew Sandie is itching to get back to her life. Two can play that game. Right at this point, her pride is taking over her logical thinking. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at her twin. “I’ll still do It,” Darie said. “I made an agreement and I intend to follow it.”

 

“Stop it,” their mom said sharply. “You are both acting childish and it’s foolish to continue this nonsense.”

 

But neither of the girls was listening as they both regarded each other with eyes that are narrowed into slits knowing exactly what the other is thinking and too arrogant to call the other for it.

 

“You are going to regret it,” Sandie said in a low voice.

 

“So will you,” Darie said matching her tone.

 

Sandie stood up looking at her mom and dad. “Excuse me, I think I lost my appetite.” She gave Darie one last glare. “You’d better make sure you won’t get caught by grandpa’s spies for acting goody goody at YG High. If that happens, I will have whatever share you have on grandpa’s will.” Then she whirled  around and stomped out. Darie stood up too glowering.

 

“Excuse me, I think I’m not hungry,” she said before leaving after her twin.

 

Serena rested her head on her forehead as she shook her head exasperatedly letting out a heavy burdened sigh before fixing Dave a look. Dave who was just sighing inwardly caught the look she was giving him and he scowled. “Don’t put this on me.” He knew he’s going to be the one she’s going to blame.

 

“You should’ve said something!” She started.

 

Dave just closed his eyes as he pinched the bridge of his nose as he let her rant wishing he never should’ve agreed with this family dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandie swung Darie’s stupid bag as she walked towards the school entrance wearing her stupid sister’s stupid uniform. She was still feeling pissed after last night’s fight with Darie feeling the unfairness of it all. Darie was the one who lied, she was the one who started this fight and she had the gall to challenge her for it. She was really tempted to call Chaerin and make sure to make Darie’s life as difficult as possible but she swallowed the bitter truth that it would’ve been too much. As much as she is hating her sister right now, she’s not that evil as to plan Darie’s downfall behind her back. And besides, having an outsider know would mean she lost. And she will never lose. Whatever Grandpa had for them, she’ll make sure to get it and if they failed, she have to be sure it isn’t because of her. Blaming Darie for it would be sufficient enough to improve her mood for the rest of her life.

 

She saw Darie’s friend, Minzy, walking towards the entrance and smiled widely when she caught sight of Sandie.

 

“Good morning!” Minzy greeted brightly but then noticed the sour expression on Sandie’s face even if she tried to force a smile. “I guess it’s not a good morning to you.”

 

That is an understatement. “Woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” Sandie grumbled.

 

“Really? So your moment with Donghae yesterday didn’t give you sweet dreams?”

 

“Unfortunately the moment killed all the magical effect when he jilted me,” Sandie said as they walked together.

 

Minzy gawked at her. “What?”

 

Sandie shrugged. Who cares if word get around that Donghae Lee rejected Darie Park. Psshh. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter