PROLOGUE

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t do this anymore! I’ve had enough!”

 

“You know what you’re getting yourself into when you married me!”

 

“When I married you, I didn’t know it’s going to get worse!”

 

Sandie tightened her hold on her twin sister, Darie, as they crouched on the corner of their room hearing their mom and dad fighting again on the bedroom next door. Their door was closed but the yelling had been too loud that it seeps through the cracks scaring the twins. When the shouting started, Darie immediately went to the corner and covered her ears and Sandie followed, hugging her twin tight, trying to console her as much as she’s consoling herself.

 

“The twins are only eight!” Their mother continued yelling. “Eight, Dave! Your enemies are already involving them in your fight!”

 

“I got them back!” His father shouted back. “Do you think I want them to be involved? Or get  kidnapped?! They’re my daughters!”

 

“Just quit!”

 

“You think quitting would lay them off?! If I quit, I would no longer have the power to fight and that would put them in more danger! I’m keeping this job because that is the only way I know to protect you!”

 

“Apparently you can’t protect your daughters enough!”

 

“What are you doing?” The voice sounded low and menacing.

 

“I’m leaving! And I’m taking the twins!”

 

“No, you’re not!”

 

“I already got our flight scheduled today!”

 

“You can’t!”

 

“Watch me!”

 

Minutes later, their door opened and her mother’s furious face softened when she saw the twins huddled in the corne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter