CHAPTER 4

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is that your idea of a joke?!” Darie was seething but she had managed to tone her voice down to a whisper instead of yelling out loud like she wanted to do. It had been at least 5 attempted calls that her sister finally answered with a lazy yeah? like she didn’t commit an action that will result to her death once Darie gets a hold of her neck. 

 

The cafeteria had gone silent over her scream with Sandie’s friends all lookin’ at her wide eyed in their frozen state, their mouths hanging open and it was about a minute until she realized that she had called attention to herself. Feeling her face heating up in utter embarassment and utter rage, she immediately walked out of the cafeteria and ran to the most deserted place she could find. Under the bleachers in the school gym.

 

Her phone screen almost broke at how hard she had pressed the number to call her sister and she almost gave in to her hysteria when Sandie answered.

 

“Did you laugh?” Sandie asked back.

 

“Are you kidding me?!” She’s really itching to throw her phone just to vent. 

 

“Then I guess you should know it wasn’t a joke,” Sandie said.

 

“Did you realize….” She breathed in trying for calmness. “I NEVER acted that way. I had never make a spectacle of myself in front of the entire school!”

 

“I could say the same thing to you,” Sandie said, her tone sounding angry now. “Unlike you, I showed you what I did so you wouldn’t be blindsided. But you? You lied to me! Tell me. What happened with GD this morning?”

 

Darie fell silent but her chest was heaving as she glared at a stack of boxes near the wall.

 

“Tell me how I asked you who saw you fell and what you answered me with,” Sandie continued scathingly. “Tell me how you lied about GD seeing you on your face down on the floor and how his gang took pictures of you. Huh?”

 

“It was an accident,” Darie said with gritted teeth. “I panicked and I didn’t mean for that to happen. I talked to that GD guy and he deleted it.”

 

“Of course, he deleted it. Right after he posted it on the internet!”

 

Darie let out a heavy, angry breath remembering how GD told her he deleted it and even showing her his gang deleted it. She believed that it was the end of her worry. What a lying prick. “It’s just a picture.” Darie knew that was a wrong thing to say after it came out of .

 

Sandie scoffed. “Of course! It was just a picture! It was just a picture to you, Darie. You didn’t know anything about me. You sees everything I do, everything I hold as important, everything I am, is shallow to you. You think my thinking of wanting to uphold a position in my school is ridiculous so you never really put an effort in keeping the image I have built up since I started pre-school. To you, it was just an absurd logic of your stupid sister. A meaningless view on life.  Well guess what? That is my life! The fight I had with GD was something you couldn’t even comprehend but you make a fool of yourself wearing my face and then deciding that it was nothing.”

 

Darie felt guilty for lying to Sandie but felt a little annoyed and offended that Sandie could think of her like that. She had spent the whole day worrying about that stupid photo. Yes, she does look at it as a little ridiculous but she tried to uphold the image Sandie have. And to get back at her for something she had done unintentionally is the one that is ridiculous. 

 

“Yes, I lied to you,” Darie said trying to calm herself down. “But I don’t think it warrants a revenge. We’re past the age of petulant behaviour. You should have confronted me instead.”

 

“Oh don’t give me that goody goody lecture. You know you’re wrong and you’re still speaking like I’m the one who’s at fault.”

 

“I only tripped!” Darie could feel the veins on her neck popping out. “ And yes I lied about it but that is it! No one is even talking about it! No one even approached me. No one laughed at me. Every students scampered when they caught sight of me! Your reputation is still intact! The only issue that you have is that photo you saw in the internet which is so easy to remove! Your issue is so miniscule but you made a big deal out of it!”

 

“What is miniscule to you is a big deal for me!” 

 

“Well, what do you want me to do?!” Darie said almost yelling, really annoyed at everything that is happening. 

 

Sandie scoffed. “You think so highly of yourself that you can’t even think to apologize?”

 

Being told to apologize is really nothing but her temper is as high as Sandie now and it’s close to bursting out. “Fine, I’m sorry,” she said with gritted teeth. “You happy?”

 

“Oh yeah,” Sandie said sarcastically. “I’m so happy to hear your heartfelt apology that I think I heard angels singing.”

 

Darie clenched her fists and made a punch in the air imagining it as her sister’s face.

 

“And yeah, I think they’re singing It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over. And yes, I’m shallow that way,” Sandie continued and Darie couldn’t believe the barely veiled threat in that sentence. 

 

“I could ruin your life here as much as you can ruin mine,” Darie said really had enough of her sister’s warped, vengeful mind over something so trivial!

 

Sandie let out a non humorous laugh. “Let’s see how far you can get then.” And with that, she hung up.

 

“Aarrrghh!!” Darie was really boiling over that ridiculous conversation. It all came down into one stupid picture to a full blown argument and claims of revenge. All because she tripped. Boy, she was really mad. At herself, at that GD guy, this school full of insane students, her sister. Everything! She marched back to where the cafeteria is unable to recall if Sandie had a class after lunch but who the hell cares?! Sandie is flunking every class without her help anyway. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darie was seething as she shoved her phone back at the pocket of her skirt uniform after pressing the end button repeatedly What a…. Ugh! Her sister is such a stuck-up, arrogant, conceited little…. She’s so mad right now she wants to slam the table with her hands or throw bottles against the wall. Hearing the glasses splintering would probably make her feel a little better. After sending the video file, it only took a minute before her phone started ringing and seeing her sister calling. She ignored it as she chatted animatedly with Darie’s friends and smiling at the teasing jokes from students who passed their table. After that announcement slash confession she had made under Darie’s name, her sister became the center of attention. And when she glanced at the table where that Donghae guy is seated at, she could see his ears are red as his friends all tormented him and she imagined Darie simmering on the other line waiting for her to answer. That thought didn’t lessen the irritation she had with her sister though and she answered expecting her to be contrite.

 

But no, that was probably too much to ask. Just an apology. An apology! And Darie can’t even give her that. Though if she would actually accept the apology is still a question. But the effort would probably mellow her down a bit but instead, her goody goody sister threatened to get back at her after she said her bluff. Hah! She should never have expected that with her high and mighty sister.

 

“Hey.” Sandie turned to find HyunA looking at her with a puzzled frown on her face. They were now walking out of the cafeteria with Sandie glowering all the way. Sandie tried to smooth her features into a peaceful smile. 

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why’re you looking like you wanted to kill someone?”HyunA asked. “You have just confessed to Donghae in front of the entire school!” She lowered her tone to a whisper. “Are you regretting it?”

 

“Honestly, I don’t know what’s gotten into you,” Minzy said with a smile. “But I love the way you just declared your feelings to Donghae. I never thought you can do that! Aren’t you afraid it’s gonna backfire on you?”

 

“What do you mean?” HyunA asked.

 

Minzy giggled. “We did a research before and upon investigation, Donghae’s not too fond of overly blatant and too forward girls because they tend to be posessive and he hated that. He wanted to be the one who will make the first move on a girl. Maybe that’s why he had never gone out with Jessica. He prefers the silent but funny type. One that he could share a conversation with or laugh with or something.” 

 

“Where did you get that info?” HyunA asked with a grin and Sandie just listened to them as they walk.

 

“From his mom. Darie’s mom and his mom are acquainted. Like country club buddies or something but anyway, i pretended that I’m doing an article about his son in the school paper and she accommodated me. Darie was close to killng me after that.” She laughed out loud but HyunA shush her and discreetly pointed ahead where Donghae and the rest of his friends are walking a slight distance from them laughing about something and were too busy to notice them.

 

Sandie, with a smile still pasted on her lips, watched the group in front of them as her devious mind ran excessively fast.

 

“Jessica’s probably really mad right now,” HyunA said with a quiet laugh. “She’s probably thinking she should’ve done this first.”

 

“What is there to be surprised about if she did that? The whole school already knows she’s Donghae’s stalker since grade school,” Minzy said.

 

“Did you see her face in the cafeteria? She’s practically breathing fire! Especially when she saw Donghae was blushing.”

 

“Girls, do me a favor again,” Sandie interjected their chatter as she took her phone out of her pocket again. She handed it to Minzy after setting it on video camera..

 

“What are you gonna do now?” Minzy asked with an amused frown on her forehead.

 

Sandie walked backwards with a sly smirk on her face making sure the video would capture her evil deed.

 

“I’m just gonna do something… shallow,” she answered before turning around and flipping her hair. She marched directly to her target and tapped him on the shoulder. Donghae Lee turned with a laughing face that gradually fell off when he saw who was behind him, his shoulders going rigid. Some of the students halted in their tracks and watched them anticipating another event to talk about for the rest of the school year.

 

“I just want you to know,” Sandie started, her voice exactly like Darie’s mellow, soft tone, but clear enough for everyone within hearing distance to hear. “That I have been crushing on you since we were in grade school. I’m drawing little hearts around your name and replacing my last name to yours, which i feel is absolutely the most right thing in the whole world.”

 

Donghae’s mouth slightly dropped, his ears turning red again while his brows furrowed and the other students who overheard looked like they were ready to laugh. 

 

Adding another excitement to all students anticipating her next move, Sandie took a hold of Donghae’s tie and before anyone could react, she tugged on it bringing his face down and her lips met his. She could see his eyes pop out as she took advantage of his frozen stupor and  she rejoiced at that. The students hooted noisily even as both Sandie and Donghae had their eyes open the whole time. After a second, Donghae hastily stepped away, getting as far away from her as he can while coverng his mouth with his hand and turning beet red. His eyes round as he somewhat glared at Sandie. Sandie gave him a triumphant grin as she declared fervently. 

 

“You are mine, Donghae Lee.” 

 

Darie waged war and even had the gall to threaten her. Hah! She’ll know the reason why Sandie Park rules YG High. She’ll know the reason why the students are afraid of her. She mentally checked the item of her newly  created list of Destroy Darie’s Love Life. This Donghae guy would never want to be seen with Darie once she’s through with him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darie’s phone buzzed again as she marched back to the school cafeteria and she angrily looked at the screen showing another video file message from Sandie with the title, You have no idea who you’re dealing with. Sis. The last word had sarcasm leaking all over it.

 

She opened the file while angrily walking and then stopped short, her eyes going as wide as is as the video played.

 

The start of the video was shaky and she could hear Minzy’s voice this time.

 

“What are you gonna do now?” Minzy asked while Sandie appeared on the screen and behind her are clusters of students already walking out of the cafeteria. 

 

Sandie smirked as if she’s smirking directly at Darie. “I’m just gonna do something… shallow.”

 

Sandie turned flipping her hair on her back with Minzy following close behind her recording the video and to Darie’s horror, she saw a very familiar back that Sandie was directly aiming for. The back that Darie had stared at most of her life and could recognize anywhere. She watched as Sandie tapped Donghae’s shoulder and he turned his head. He seemed to tense when he realized who it is. Darie couldn’t make out what Sandie had told him because of the noise and just as sudden, Sandie grabbed the tie on Donghae’s uniform and kissed him! 

 

Darie’s mind just stopped there. She vaguely heard Minzy’s Oh my god exclamation or the chuckle from HyunA somewhere, or hearing the hoots from the students who stopped in their tracks to watch that  girl with Darie’s face, molesting the president’s lips! Donghae’s lips! Her prince!

 

She wanted to cry and scream at the same time. She couldn’t even string one sentence with Donghae and here is Sandie. Just one day and she already managed to assault Donghae and made her look like a... like a... like a !

 

Darie deleted the video without seeing how it ended. With a stormy look in her face, her chest heaving in unparalleled anger and frustration over a simple mistake, she resumed marching back towards the cafeteria where a lot of students are lazily lounging around as if the bell isn’t gonna ring any second for classes to begin again.

 

Sandie probably thinks Darie considers revenge as something so beneath her. Or Darie’s too cowardly to execute it. But she’s so wrong on that. With this rage that is boiling inside her she can probably do anything. It was just a stupid picture and Sandie got back at her by doing an utter humiliation for Darie to face on once she got back. And including Donghae in her twisted revenge game! Well two can play at that game. She have Sandie’s face. Sandie’s name. And that’s what she’s going to bring down. She’s gonna make sure Sandie will regret ever messing with her life. She’ll show her!

 

I'll make you pay for that, Sandie! I'll show you how mean i can be! You're not the only daughter of Dave Park! 

 

She stopped on the entrance of the cafeteria and scanned the tables with her brows latched together. The students all glanced away, the chatter falling into a buzz as they saw who they thought is Sandie looking like she’s searching for someone to punch. Her eyes zeroed in on a table where most of the students were seated away from. Clenching her jaw, she strode over to its direction ignoring the wide eyed looks of the students as they watched her.

 

GD who was seated arrogantly in the chair at the corner of the table saw her approaching and saw the malevolent expression on her face. He smirked and then everyone at his table all turned to watch her came nearer with identical sniggering looks. She stopped in front of GD who slightly tilted his head to lazily look up at her.

 

“Can I help you, Park?” he asked.

 

Darie pierced him with a glare. Lying little . Yes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter