Chapter 27

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If  I hear him whistling one more time, I’m gonna smack his face on the ground.

 

Sandie had been trying to ignore that stupid sound GD was making since first period but his incessant hooting that sounds like a pig on its way to the slaughterhouse is already hitting her nerves and she’s ready to blow. It’s bad enough that he looked so friggin’  happy during classes but does he have to be while she’s around? He kept on whistling behind her when they entered first period, his walking looked like he’s skipping with every step, he kept on laughing and joking around making the students around gawk at him. Singing and moving his body like a twitching fish… gawd, he’s suddenly became  the male version of Julie Andrews from the Sound Of Music  She couldn’t even concentrate on her own gloom as her growing need to punch GD’s face is overriding all her melancholic emotions.

 

She couldn’t sleep a wink last night, replaying that break up scene in her mind and wondering if there anything she could do to prevent Donghae from hurting.

 

But there’s none.

 

As she was the main reason he’s hurting.

 

And there’s nothing she could think of to lessen that pain unless it counted her telling him the truth.

 

Which is probably worse. Not only is she going to hurt him but she’s going to make him hate her. Yes, she’s se;fish that way.

 

And telling him the truth would lead to what anyway? It’s not like things are going to get peachy if her honesty prevails.

 

God, she wanted to hate Darie. But what can she do? GD’s got her sister wrapped around his fingers. And it’s not like Sandie is really that enthusiastic if Darie really did date Donghae.

 

Her eyes turned into slits when she heard GD’s whistling tune turned high pitched and she was about to turn to him to kick his face when the bell rang. She just gave him a deathly glare as if saying you got saved by the bell and marched out of the room, his smirking face too much for her to handle today. Any more of this and she would probably end up declaring war with GD Kwon in the middle of the school grounds.

 

Her friends are probably thinking she’s in one of her moods again—which is true, anyway—and they just left her alone to simmer down.

 

The students cleared the path Sandie is marching on as she decided to go to the gym again, the place where she’s spending her time on more than usual lately. Hey, it’s the only place where she can de-stress without physically harming anybody.

 

She pulled to a halt when she was about to cross the courtyard and her heart started thudding rapidly when she spotted Donghae Lee standing a few feet across from her near the stone benches. He was standing still, looking at her with unfathomable expression. They both stared at each other in suspended silence before Sandie realized she was not supposed to act this way but she couldn’t move. Especially when Dongahe started walking towards her.

 

“’sup?” Sandie forced her vocal chords to work.

 

Donghae clenched his jaw as he watched her face for any sign of remorse or regret. He had been driving in circles until he found himself in the direction of YG High earlier. He’s definite Darie probably told her sister by now and it’s no use trying to talk to… this gangster girl and he’s had enough of being fed numerous lies but his stubborness had gotten the better of him. He needs to confront her. He needs to find out why. He needs to hear it from her. Sandie Park.

 

Sandie fidgeted under his gaze which irritated her a little. She is not supposed to be like this. She is not supposed to be the girl who broke up with him! She cleared as she lifted her chin. “You’re still here? I thought you’re done with your thing here?”

 

It took a moment before Donghae answered, “Your sister broke up with me.” He deduced that Darie might not have called her sister yet for that information if Sandie Park is still playing cool. Either that or she really is callous enough to not care and that she is really just acting when she was with hiim in SM High.

 

“Oh,” Sandie only managed to breathe out.

 

No, Darie has not informed her sister yet that he already knew the truth, Donghae was sure. Sandie’s eyes had been wandering around and not even looking at him in the eye.

 

“Do you know why?” Donghae asked, his eyes not leaving her face.

 

“Uh…” Sandie’s breath whooshed out of and tried to sound like this conversation is not worth her time. “Not really interested but I think she said she fell inlove with someone else. I gotta go.”

 

But before she can even make a haste exit, an arm went around her shoulders and brought her back to where she was standing. “Yep, she fell inlove with someone else.” An annoying male voice spoke.

 

Sandie glared at GD before she made a move to hit his side with her elbow but he deflected it by moving his torso away from her and grabbed her arm. “Easy there,  Park. I’m in a damn good mood.” He then turned to Donghae who was watchng them with his brows furrowed. “So…Donghae is it? It’s a heartbreaking day for you today, huh?” He smirked. “Too bad. I thought you would be my brother-in-law.” GD turned to Sandie whose nostrils are flaring.  His smirk became even more pronounced.

 

“Shut it,” Sandie threatened him under her breath.

 

But GD is unrelenting. He turned to Donghae again but addressed Sandie in his words. “Don’t you wish we are one big happy family, Park?”

 

Donghae’s unamused eyes strayed on the arm around Sandie’s shoulders. He now have to admit. He really doesn’t like this GD guy. Not counting that vague recollection of him saying he was marrying Sandie Park. What did he called Darie? The real Darie? Sister in law.

 

Is this what she meant when she told him she fell inlove with someone else? She fell inlove with this….

 

Sandie loves you! With everything she did you thought of as a lie, that is one thing you have to believe.

 

That was what Darie had said earlier, right? That’s what he had been subconsciously holding on to. So what the hell is this? Is this another game they’re playing? Is he a fun piece in that game? He really doesn’t know what’s going on but this has got to stop now. His mind is arlready getting messed up with speculations, reasons, doubts that it’s starting to hurt to even think.

 

“Maybe you could join us in our engagement party,” GD continued. “I would believe you would really be fully entertained with the…” He glanced at Sandie, still smirking. “…double life of Sandie Park.”

 

Okay, that’s it. Sandie tilted head forward before flinging it back making sure GD would get the impact from her head and sure enough, he yowled and Sandie used that opportunity to get away from him.

 

“!” GD said as his hand covered his nose. “I just got out of the ing hospital. Do you know how many stitches I got on my face?”

 

“Dunno, Dun care,” Sandie answered.

 

Donghae didn’t even get the chance to get any words out as he gawked at them. He really couldn’t get used to seeing this kind of interaction.

 

And feeling really twisted when he realized he was jealous of this kind of interaction.

 

Sandie turned to hiim. “You gotta go and leave,” she told him almost desperately. “Do whatever you need to do and just… leave, okay?”

 

“No,” Donghae managed to answer. He’s not leaving until she tells him the truth. “We need to talk.” But Sandie was ignoring him..

 

“Oh, don’t be such a baby,” she was now telling a cussing GD Kwon about a broken nose. “You had your nose broken a thousand times, why’re you making a fuss now?”

 

“It’s not just my nose you in’ idiot,” GD was saying.

 

“Oh, yeah, it’s your ego too,” Sandie responded. “My bad.”

 

“I’m really going to… arrgh!” He waved a fist at her before hitting air then lifted an index finger in her face. “You really got to thank you’re in the same family.”

 

Sandie smirked knowing he’s referring to her sister. “Please. Don’t make me gag.”

 

“Like you wouldn’t go running to her crying,.”

 

“Yeah, crying for your blood.”

 

Donghae watched them, his brows furrowing even deeper and the resentment of being ignored rises up until it explodes. “Sandie Park!” He yelled her name in between their bickering.

 

They stopped and turned to him but before he could even get a word out, his phone rang, vibrating insistently in his pocket. Gritting his teeth, he took it out and answered. It was Minzy.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Donghae.” Minzy voice sounded scared. “Darie’s missing.”

 

He paused. “What do you mean?”

 

“She’s missing. Or taken or kidnapped, I don’t know. Someone saw her being taken inside a van by some guys and… we checked the CCTV footage. It was after you left in the parking lot, a guy snuck up from behind her and then another guy came and… I think she was unconscious when they took her inside a van.”

 

Donghae froze before his eyes went to Sandie who was intently watching him.

 

“And… I know you’re… you’re in YG High and… you probably met her sister. You know that… gangster sister… and their dad… you know I’m getting really scared for her… and… she dropped her phone and… ”

 

“What’s wrong?” Sandie asked noting that suddenly anxious expression on Donghae’s face.

 

“Someone took Darie,” Donghae told her, guilt suddenly creeping up on him at the thought that he left her alone in the parking lot.

 

“What?!” Sandie repeated.

 

“What!!” GD this time. “What do you mean someone took her?” He went up in his face like Donghae had something to do with Darie being taken.

 

Sandie pulled GD away from Donghae and took the phone from his hand.

 

“Who took her?” Sandie asked without preamble, not caring who was on the phone.

 

There was a pause before Minzy answered, “I can’t tell… it was on the CCTV and….”

 

“I’m going there,” Sandie said recognizing Minzy’s tearful voice. She gave the phone back to Donghae and went to the direction of the lot to get her bike. Fear is snaking up inside her as years of being traumatized of the kidnapping filled her mind. She racked her mind for some names to look into first on who would possibly have any agenda in taking her sister but her dad had too many enemies.

 

And yet they had been safe for so many years.

 

Did her dad made new enemies? Her dad would go ballistic.

 

“Wherever you’re going, I’m coming with you,” GD said just a few steps behind her.

 

“Me too,” Donghae said behind him.

 

“Go home,” GD snarled. “This is not a game for little boys.”

 

“Say that one more time or I’ll pummel your ,” Donghae told him.

 

“Pummel my ?” GD mockingly repeated.

 

“Donghae is coming with us,” Sandie said making them both look at her. “We’re going to SM High to check the CCTV footage.” She looked at Donghae. “And we need the school president to grant us entrance to the school building.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sunavo. Those sunovaes.”

 

Sandie ignored GD’s constant cursing as he paced restlessly inside the principal’s office while the principal herself is talking to the police. She was seated on the sofa while waiting for her dad to come. As expected, he blew a fuse and told her to stay where she is. She had no doubt he would be arriving in this school terrorizing all the students with his horde in tow. She called her mom but it went to voicemail and she dreaded bringing her the news. Darie would probably be locked up inside her room for the rest of the school year if she found out.

 

They have just watched the CCTV footage and found at least three guys all wearing hoodies over caps in the lot. One came up behind Darie after Donghae left and covered with a handkerchief. Sandie guessed it was a drug since her sister’s body went limp just as another guy strode towards them and lifted her sister’s body towards a van just outside the lot. Another guy opened the van’s door and they carried Darie inside then drove off.

 

Why’re the CCTV’s not HD anyway? Sandie thought to herself. The footage can give them enough of what happened but it doesn’t give them anything to even at least make out the face of who took her sister. The CCTV was stationed too far away that even zooming in isn’t helping. It just makes the picture pixelated and distorted.

 

Sandie’s eyes narrowed thoughtfully as her eyes stared at the white tabletop in front of her. Something about that guy who lifted Darie’s unconscious body is eerily familiar, she just couldn’t pinnpoint it….

 

She jumped—actually all of the people inside the principal’s office jumped—when the door suddenly burst open. She recognized one of the Tigers opening the door wider for her dad to go through and she slowly stood up.

 

Sandie suppressed a sigh at the look on her father’s face as he is now wearing his Destroy-Anyone-who-Gets-In-My-Way Face. She seldom sees it as he only sports that expression when something bad happens.

 

Something bad didn’t happen. It was something worse. It’s the nightmare that she believes his father wished wouldn’t happen again.

 

Her dad paused and looked at her, studying her from head to toe before turning to the principal when he’s satisfied that he did not detect any injuries on Sandie. GD was standing rigidly straight from the space where he had been pacing earlier. Donghae was also standing straight, his eyes round at the sight of her formidable dad wth two scary looking thugs in a suit behind him.

 

“M-mister Park, sir,” the principal stuttered walking out of her desk to greet her dad. “I am so sorry that this has happened within the premises of SM High. We have been very very high on security so this is a very big surprise to us. The safety of our students has always been our number one priority. We have already alerted the authorities and—”

 

“I’d like to speak to my daughter alone, if you wouldn’t mind,” her father interjected the principal’s speech.

 

“Of course.” The principal readily agreed. “Of course. If you’ll excuse us.” She beckoned one of the security personnel and Donghae to leave the room..

 

“I’d like to stay, Mr. Park,” GD said. “I could help.”

 

“I’d like to stay too,” Donghae bravely said which made her father turn to him.

 

Oh my god, Donghae, now is not the time. Before she could save Donghae from being thrown out of the room, his father asked her, “Who is this?”

 

“He’s… he’s the school’s president,” Sandie answered. “He helped us get the security footage.”

 

“I was the last person Darie was speaking with before she got abducted,” Donghae said feeling guilty over that and wanted to help finding her even if he is literally useless with the chances this family has in finding her.

 

“And did you see the face of who had taken her?” Her dad asked.

 

Donghae faltered before answering. “No.”

 

“Then you’re no use. Get out,” her dad said.

 

“Dad, it’s okay,” Sandie told his dad. “He might be able to tell us something like… like… something weird that has happened for the last couple days… Anything that might give us an idea who they are.”

 

“Have you noticed someone weird hanging around while Darie’s in school?” Her dad still asked Donghae.

 

Donghae looked like he was thinking about it then answered, “No.”

 

Her dad gave him a piercing look which would probably be the unspoken verion of You’re useless, get out before I kill you.

 

 “Dad,” Sandie called to her dad with gritted teeth. Why is he scaring Donghae?

 

“This is a family matter, Sandie,” her dad answered then waved at the man behind him to close the door. “But fine he can stay. It’s not like this kid can do anything useful.”

 

“Dad.” Why is he insulting Donghae now? But her dad ignored her and asked where the footage is. It was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter