Chapter 12

She's My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only probable reason that his gang didn’t start in on their teasing fest when GD got back on the game room was because his eyes are shooting lasers with everyone in silent warning. Even Taeyang, his closest friend, even bit his tongue and nudged Seungri when the latter attempted to open his mouth. GD went back to the bar and snatched his unfinished soda. He would rather drink an alcoholic beverage but the place is not serving any until five in the afternoon.

 

He scowled when he saw Darie enter the game room again with a scowl of her own as if she was the one aggravated by all this. He downed the last remains of his soda deciding to just ignore her and hoped that she and her group would just leave. Unfortunately, it seems like Darie Park had another plan in mind as she sat down on the stool next to his, still wearing her scowl.

 

He put the can down a little too hard on the bar table and turned to her with narrowed eyes. “What part of Stay The Away From Me did you not understand?” He doesn’t care if anyone can hear him. It might be a good thing if someone would find out she’s not who they think she is. Though he doesn’t know why he’s keeping it a secret to begin with.

 

Darie doesn’t even seem bothered by his crabby attitude as she faced him. “What, you own this bar now?” She turned to the bartender and smiled brightly at him asking if they have some pineapple juice.

 

GD and Sandie’s friends are all lounging in the back trying not to pay any attention to their group heads sitting on the bar stools. They seem to have already accepted the fact that this is probably the start of their two clans merging. It’s already inevitable from the day their fathers had taken the positions and have the strongest pact among all clans.

 

GD irritably brushed his hair back while Darie waited for her Pineapple Juice. When it arrived, Darie made a small clap and wiggled her legs as if the sight excited her. “Oh, it’s cute!” She exclaimed as there was a little green umbrella on a pineapple slice on the juice the bartender served.

 

GD fought the urge to slap his forehead in disbelief over this stupid girl. Sandie would’ve never utter It’s Cute over a drink. Doesn’t she know she’s acting less and less like Sandie Park? He wondered why no one even noticed these little weird actions from the girl they think is Sandie Park.

 

Darie took a sip and it tastes so good that she took another. Then noticed GD glancing at her with a dry expression on his face. “What?”

 

GD just rolled her eyes, shaking his head slightly before getting off the stool to just get out of here. But before he could even tell his friends where he’s going, Darie’s voice got ahead of his. “Where are you going?”

 

Why did I even agree? GD had asked him once again. Deciding against telling his friends where he’s headed so that Darie Park would not be able to tail him, he just left the game room with a sour expression. He will just do some Target Practice or hone his achery skills to unwind.

 

Darie watched as GD left. Pshh. She scowled. Why is he so hateful? She just returned back to sip her juice as CL and Bom sat beside her with narrowed eyes.

 

“What’s going on with you two?” Bom asked.

 

 

“Or more like what’s going on with you?” CL corrected. “Not so long ago you hated the sight of him and now you’re suddenly getting all clingy to him.”

 

Darie sipped her juice a lot more slowly before coming up with an answer. “It’s because I really like him.” She said it with such a straight face that she congratulated herself for not cracking up.

 

The two girls were looking a little incredulous, on the other hand. “Really? I thought you were just kidding when you said that?” Bom said in a low whisper in case GD’s friends overhears.

 

“More like, I thought you were planning on something when you said that,” CL added with the same whispering tone as Bom.

 

Yeah, more like planning on my revenge with Sandie. Darie gave them a smile. “It has been my long time dream to be married to him. Maybe you girls can help me pick out my wedding dress next month. And, if there will come a time that I would make a fuss about it, please remind me of this little conversation we have for everyone to hear. Okay?” She put up her thumbs up sign on two perplexed-looking Bom and CL.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GD had spent almost an hour in Pistol Shooting feeling a little bit fired up when he got 8 out of 10 shots. Removing off the foam ear plugs, he decided to just get something to eat at the main dining area of the place. Just as he was about to leave the Shooting Range field, three guys with defined muscles had blocked his way, all of their arms crossed over their chest.

 

“What do you want?” He asked. These guys were also part of an organization down at JYP city. An organization that the Dragons respects as well though not as well known. GD knew them but they weren’t really friends nor were they hostile.

 

“Look, we just heard that Jang HyunSeung is here,” the guy GD knew as Jun.K said. “We came here for him.”

 

“I don’t remember Jang HyunSeung as ever a part of the Dragons,” GD answered drily.

 

“We know that,” Wooyoung supplied quickly. “It’s just that he slipped by us and now we can’t find him.”

 

“He did some real serious damage to one of our place and sent one of ours to the hospital when he and his... gang—whoever they are now—ganged up on him,” Taecyeon, the biggest of the three, said.

 

“And what’s this got to do with me?” GD asked with raised brows.

 

“Jang HyunSeung went here for Sandie Park,” Jun.K said. “We are here to lure him out through Sandie Park.”

 

GD waited for them to continue but it seems like that is all they were to say. He laid both his hands in front of him in question. “And what’s this got to do with me?” He asked again.

 

The three guys all looked at each other before Jun.K answered, “We heard you are to marry Sandie Park. And we don’t want to cross the Dragons if we are to use Sandie Park as a bait. We owe a lot to the Dragons.”

 

GD finally understood what they came at him for. News travel fast. He smirked wanting to laugh out loud when it’s not even funny. “You don’t want to cross the Dragons but you’re willing to cross the Tigers?” Never mind the fact that the real Sandie Park is on another city.

 

“Jang HyunSeung is considered as one of the Tigers when the Wolves dissolved. And he made a mess of us,” Taecyeon said. “It’s paying back.”

 

GD sighed heavily then waved his hands in dismissal. “Do whatever you want.” Let Darie Park deal with it since she’s such a self-proclaimed genius. And she would only have Sandie Park’s best friend to blame for.

 

“So… you’re cool in us using… Sandie Park? As bait?” Taecyeon tried to confirm just in case they misunderstood.

 

“You can use Sandie Park for whatever you want and I wouldn’t give a ,” GD repeated before walking past them then paused as images of these guys kidnapping Darie entered his mind and the latter crying out for help. He turned his head to the three guys and harshly told them, “Just don’t hurt her.” Then he felt his spine stiffen when he realized what his mouth had uttered. The three guys doesn’t seem to be aware of the shock that is spiraling inside him for the that he just gave to the girl who was irritating him at the moment.

 

“Of course,” Jun.K affirmed but GD doesn’t seem to hear it as he turned and left rigidly, grimacing at the thought that he just tried to protect a Park girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darie didn’t think that she would have fun but she did. For once, there is a night that she can write down in her history of her not buried in a stack of books and the blare of her computer. The night in BIG B was amazing. And she couldn’t imagine how the VIP Lounge would be if she already think BIG B is this amazing. The night bar was full of flashing lights, the teenage kids partying it out the old style way as the theme for the night is Party Of the 90s. The Night Bar was actually an open bar where the party is outside. This place wasn’t what she had painted as a messy bar where wasted and sweaty people are gyrating in the strobing lights. The teenage kids here are pretty well mannered. Well… well-mannered compared to the numerous TV shows and documentaries of rowdy kids she had studied and watched since Freshman year. The kids here are just loud as they danced almost in perfect synchronization. She had never danced before but CL and Bom all dragged her to dance in the middle of everybody.

 

HyunA and Minzy would’ve never get to force her to stand even on the side to sway her hips but here she is, jumping and shaking like the rest of the people here. Everybody knows it’s Sandie Park who’s dancing like a fool here so it doesn’t matter. She felt like an idiot dancing on her two left feet but no one paid any attention to her anyway. Even when there was a break in the throng where breakdancers suddenly appeared in the middle and made some kind of a hiphop battle thing. She hooted along with everybody else. Screamed like everybody else.

 

For this night, she truly acted like Sandie Park.

 

And for once, she is having fun doing it.

 

She forgot about her troubles for a while. She’ll think about it later. Especially figuring out how to have GD’s cooperation on her chaotic, messy plan. He didn’t return at all after he left and when CL and Bom dragged her to the night bar, she completely forgot about him. Even that Jang HyunSeung guy.

 

“This is great!” She yelled over the loud music at CL. They both returned to their seats near the railings overlooking the ocean to get some rest after probably screaming for almost an hour and a half. She wiped her forehead and can’t believe that she is actually sweating. Eww. She really hated any form of activity that will make her sweat for the sole reason of giving an inelegant impression to the people she will meet. It has been ingrained to her since she was little. It’s okay to sweat when you are in the comfort of your home and no one to witness that unsophisticated part of human nature.

 

“I’m just gonna go to the bathroom, okay?” She yelled over the music at CL who only nodded.

Dodging several sweaty bodies while making a face and almost running over a couple who is making out at the corner near a bathroom, she splashed cold water to her sticky face and wiping it off with some paper towels. She threaded her fingers through her messy hair and made a note to ask Bom or CL for some rubber bands. Her hair is sticking to her nape and it’s very uncomfortable.

 

Even her shirt is sticking at her back from the sweat she had just produced. “Ugh. This is so gross.” She grabbed some paper towels again and wiped her lower back grimacing. She finally remembered why she rarely parties.

 

But oh well, nobody knows her here anyway.

 

She fixed her hair on the mirror one more time before stepping out of the bathroom. She stopped short when she found three guys sorrounding the girls’ bathroom looking as if they were waiting for someone.

 

“Excuse me,” she said pointedly with raised brows when they didn’t step out of the way after a moment of her waiting for them to move.

 

“Sorry Sandie Park,” the smallest of the three said sounding really repentant. “But you’re our way through Jang HyunSeung.”

 

She only gawked at them like a fool as what they said did not register in her brain until after they covered with a foul smelling handkerchief and she felt her body sag as her consciousness  slipped in darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandie could hear the tick of the grandfather’s clock as she sat on the living room staring at Donghae’s notebook on the large sofa trying to figure the math problem out. Or at least, try to figure out how to give the incorrect answers. How the heck is she going to give the incorrect answers when she doesn’t even know the correct one? Or even how to solve this to begin with?

 

Math is like an evil incarnate in a student’s life. She snapped the notebook shut with the scowl. She had been sitting in here for at least 3 hours now and she doesn’t even know where to start. Maybe she should ask Minzy or HyunA but they would probably just give her that look because Darie Park could’ve solved this with her eyes closed.

 

She lied down on the sofa and stared at the ceiling while tapping her finger on the cushion she placed above her stomach. She is really getting bored here. And she is feeling really restless. Like, there is something ominous or… something she suddenly feels afraid of. Though it’s not on par with the fear she feels in the dark, it’s still a very uncomfortable feeling.

 

Maybe it’s her gut warning her that something is going terribly wrong.

 

Like her dad planning the wedding.

 

The phone her mom gave her rang and she grimaced when she saw who was calling her. Speak of the devil. She could recognize this number anywhere. Her dad is now calling her to drop the bomb.

 

“Hey dad,” she answered.

 

“Hey baby, what’s up?” her dad greeted a little too brightly.

 

I’m planning on ways to ruin your other daughter’s life. “Nothing too exciting. I’m just here at mom’s house, holed up in nthe living room and bored as hell.”

 

Her dad chuckled but reprimanded her of her use of profanity. “Words, Sandie.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Anything to tell me dad?” She quit beating around the bush.

 

Her dad fell silent on the other line for a second before he spoke warily, “Did your mom tell you anything?”

 

“None, but I have a very bad feeling about you calling,” Sandie just said.

 

She could hear silence knowing her dad’s brain is whirring. Then she heard him sigh heavily. “Okay, baby. I really called to see how you’re doing and… something that I need to tell you.” He paused before continuiing. “We have already discussed this before and… we never really came to an agreement, I know, but uh… this is something unavoidable with our… uh… career and… I would really hope you would see the advantage of… this.”

 

“And that is?”

 

Her dad sighed again. He really knows how Sandie would react. But he doesn’t know Sandie already reacted last night and she is the calm before the storm now. She is now on the planning stage.

 

“Leading the Tigers… alongside with the Dragons.”

 

Silence.

 

“You got me engaged to GD Kwon.” It wasn’t a question.

 

“Baby—“

 

“How?” She wanted to know how far her revenge should be.

 

“Sandie—“

 

“Darie agreed to it.”

 

“I asked her,” her dad defended her sister. “She refused many times and eventually had to give in because I told her this is the turning point of the Tigers pact with the Dragons. And I’m telling you this now. If we had cancelled, it will be considered an offensive gesture. Kwon offered this and there is no way I can refuse because I know we need the Dragons. I know you know we need them. This is the responsibility of a leader. We have to think the good of our clan before our own self. You understand don’t you?”

 

Sandi was silent, her eyes boring a hole on the ceiling as her jaw clenched. And Darie didn’t even think to tell me how she will agree in my place? How she made a decision for a life that is not hers.

 

“This is a must, Sandie. I know I shouldn’t have done this behind your back but time is already running out and we cannot have one of the other organization make a pact with the Dragons.”

 

“I understand, Dad.” Her voice sounds monotonous. It probably rang her dad’s warning bells.

 

“Sandie, baby, please don’t be mad.”

 

“Oh I’m not mad, dad.” I’m furious. “I understand you perfectly.” That Darie did all this behind my back and I swear I’m gonna do the same. “By the way, Dad, do you know how to find the value of an X for a Cosecant in Trigonometry?”

 

More silence before her dad answered, “Huh?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She was taken.”

 

That the was the first sentence that TOP greeted GD when they found him resting at one of the rooms in the BIG B. He was lying on his stomach on the bed feeling a headache from drinking vodka earlier that night.

 

TOP probably felt impatient as he flipped him over to his back when he didn’t answer. GD only grunted putting a hand on his head as his temples throbbed painfully again.

 

“Did you hear what I said?” TOP repeated.

 

“Yes,” GD snapped his eyes closed as he massaged his forehead.

 

“Please help us find her.” A female voice whom GD could guess as Park Bom.

 

“Find who?” GD asked.

 

“Sandie!” Bom answered.

 

“Someone took her,” TOP supplied.

 

GD just kept on massaging his temples with his eyes scrunched tight.

 

“There are two people who saw three guys kidnapped her. I think they rendered her unconscious,” Bom said worriedly. “We don’t want to bring this up with Mr. Park if we still can do something about it. The witnesses said these three guys looked burly and scary.”

 

“Whatever mess Sandie Park brought herself into, that is not my business,” GD said then he opened his eyes and lifted himself to sit. He gave a glare to Park Bom. “And I don’t understand why you think I would help.” He turned his glare towards TOP who was standing beside Bom. “And I don’t understand why you would think I would help.”

 

TOP didn’t seem too perturbed at his attitude. “Look, they’re only asking for help. And besides, isn’t Sandie Park gonna be your future wife?”

 

GD squinched his eyes shut then opened them to look wryly at him. “And don’t you think Sandie Park won’t be able to fight them off?”

 

“Not when she’s unconscious,” Bom said. “Look, GD. I know things are really weird between you and Sandie but this is the first time in about… ten years that she was really kidnapped. We don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter