Lab 8

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               I twirled the pen in my hand and stared blankly at the front of the classroom.

“And this is how you create functional groups for an alcohol,” Mr. Kim says as he circled the formula on the board. I blew a strand of hair out of my face and glanced behind me. Jinju and Iseul were fooling around with their reference tables and doodling in their notebooks. Lively as ever… I looked at the empty seat next to them. It’s been four days since I brought Sera home that night. She hasn’t come to school since then.

“Park Jimin, is there anything particularly interesting back there?” My head shot back to the front of the classroom.

“No, Mr. Kim…” The teacher fixed the position of his glasses and huffed. I heard a chortle from behind me. Mr. Kim cleared his throat.

“There’s nothing to be laughing about, Lee Jinju. I’ve watched both you and Zhang Iseul fool around this entire period.” I looked behind me once again to see Iseul looking down at her desk and Jinju taking a deep breath. She clapped her hands together and pointed them at the teacher.

“Boi. What do you think you're accusing? I refuse to be belittled for such nonsense. I have my rights too, you know? I can’t believe this. You know what.  Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Thorium Iodine Sulfur. I’m out!” she exclaimed while jumping out of her seat. The rest of the class quickly flipped to the periodic table on their reference tables to decode her elemental message. Mr. Kim and the girl stared each other down.

“Lee Jinju, sit down.” Jinju continued to stare at the teacher. She picked up her bag and swing it over her shoulder without breaking eye contact.

“Lee Jinju. What do you think your d-?” Jinju threw her hands in the air and did the unthinkable. She ran out of the classroom. But before leaving completely, she stuck her head back into the room and did the gesture again.

 

Did she just dab?

 

           I finished packing up my belongings and began to make my way out of the classroom, before I was stopped by Mr. Kim.

“Jimin?” I looked up at him. He had several sheets of paper in his hands.

“Yes, Mr. Kim?” He handed the papers to me.

“Can you give these to Sera? Her parents called earlier today and asked me to give these to you.” I looked at the worksheets being handed to me and back at the teacher. Do I have to? He stared at me expectantly. I inwardly sighed and took the papers.

“Sure, I'll get these to her…” I said with slight disinterest. He patted my shoulder.

“Great! Thanks, Jimin.” I nodded and walked out of the classroom.

“THERE’S THE JIBOOTY! EYYYY,” a very memorable voice exclaimed followed by running. Oh no. I suddenly found myself on the floor and a foot on my back again.

“Can you get off me, Jinju…” She cackled.

“Nah, you're my peasant now, Jibooty.”

“Jibooty?? What the hell?” Iseul’s laugh chimed in after the statement.

“Jinju really likes butts,” she deadpanned.

“I'm booty-ual. Mmmm.” I pushed myself off the floor and picked up the scattered papers. I turned back to the other two, only to see Jinju on one knee and rubbing her hands together.

“Praise the booty.” Behind Iseul was Yoongi boring holes into Jinju’s skull.

“Uh, the others are waiting outside,” Iseul brought up. “We're going to go see Sera. I'm assuming those are for her?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Mr. Kim asked me to bring these to her.” Jinju gets up from her knee and excitedly points at the exit.

“We gotta blast!” Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“Can you stop using memes?”

    The front of the school was fairly empty, save two or three groups of kids off to the sides. The eccentric girl raced towards one of the groups.

“MY CHICKEN NUGGETS! WE HAVE ARRIVED,” she excitedly exclaimed and she pounced at Jungkook. The poor boy looked like he had just seen a ghost and jumped backwards, landing in the grass behind him. Yoongi shook his head and grabbed the girl by the hood.

“Calm down, champ. You’re scaring the children,” he warned. Jinju shook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter