Lab 7

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    I stared at her face, which was contorted into a pre-sneeze.

“A-Achoo!” She blew her nose into one of the many tissues she had on the table.

“Bless you.” She sniffled and nodded a thank you. I rested my head on my hand.

“Are you ok?” I asked. She nodded again.

“Yeah, I woke up feeling a little congested… I’ll be alright,” she sniffed. I raised an eyebrow. Does she really expect me to believe that?  She reached into her bag and pulled out a textbook, nearly dropping it from her sudden coughing fit. She doubled over and coughed harder. I furrowed my eyebrows and took the book from her.

“Are you sure you’re ok? You sound really sick,” I asked again. She nodded, calming down from her coughing attack.

“I’m fine,” she reassured while sounding completely congested.

“No you’re not,” I sighed. “Stop lying to yourself.” She in a breath and held it. I placed the textbook down on the table. I watched her attempt to set up her laptop. She looks like she doesn’t have the energy to do anything. She nearly dropped her mouse from the second coughing fit that erupted from her body. I placed a hand on her back and lightly patted it.

“You’re sick.”

“No I’m not,” she denied while pulling out a water bottle from her bag. As she took a sip of her water, I placed a hand on her forehead. She nearly choked. I quickly drew my hand back.

“Sera, you’re burning up.” She skid back and shook her head.

“No. No, I’m not. Let’s get started on our lab…” she rambled. I scrunched up my nose. She’s really out of it. Her eyes are slightly glazed over. Sera stopped all movement and rubbed her temples. Her face contorted into a look of pain.

“Ugh… sorry. I’m having a migraine…” I got up from my seat, slightly alarming her. I grabbed my wallet from my bag and patted her on the back.

“I’m going to run over to the convenience store… Stay right here,” I informed her and walked away without hearing her response.

 

“Your total will be 3,000 won.” I pulled out the amount and handed it to the clerk. The clerk put the bottle of cough syrup into a plastic bag and handed it to me.

“Thank you! Come again,” he sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter