Lab 3

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           I pulled out my lab book and placed it on the table. While looking for a pen, I felt someone stand over me. I looked up from my bag to see Sera looking at me with her lab book in her hand.

“Hi,” she greeted. Behind her were her two friends, Jinju and Iseul. When were they in this class? Sera must have read my mind because she answered my question right after I thought of it.

“These two idiots got kicked out of their Chem class for spilling chemicals everywhere for like the twentieth time…” she sighed. Jinju slammed her hand down on the table.

“Listen here. I was trying to wake up Yoongi… But the chemicals got in my way. They fell over by themselves. I didn’t do jack !” she defended.

“And I got dragged along… because I’m her lab partner,” Iseul groaned. Jinju broke out in laughter.

“Taehyung fought the teacher! It was ing hilarious,” she wheezed. “I took a video and screamed ‘WORLD STAR’. Worth.” Sera face palmed and shook her head.

“Let’s just get to the lab…”

           The teacher set his attendance folder on the teacher’s table.

“I’ll be calling out pairs, so listen carefully. You will be sitting in groups of four,” he explained. I, again, zoned out. He has a very boring voice… I stared at my pen, which I was twirling in my hand. From behind me, I heard Jinju screaming over how she was going to sue Min Yoongi for texting her song lyrics during class. Iseul tried to calm her down, but ultimately failed. Sera shushed them both so that she could hear the teacher talk. Oh god, I hope we’re not all at the same table. That would be hell on Earth…

“Park Jimin, Seo Sera, Lee Jinju and Zhang Iseul. You four will sit at the last table.” Great. Thanks, teach. The four of us speed-walked to the table and plopped onto the seats.

“Alright, send one person in each group to get the supplies. Everyone else read the procedure. Get started as soon as possible.” Jinju threw her hands into the air.

“I’m not getting up!” she exclaimed. Iseul put her head on her notebook and groaned.

“I don’t wanna get up…” she complained. I looked at Sera who looked back at me. She gave me a small smile.

“I’ll go get it,” she offered. Jinju raised an eyebrow. She opened , but before she could say anything, I cut her off.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll go get it,” I said and stood up from my seat. Jinju nudged Iseul and the latter nodded. Sera gave me a worried expression.

“Are you sure?” I nodded and began to walk to the supply table before she could say anything else. What a weird girl. She actually wanted to get up? On the way back to the table, I heard a few of the other boys talk amongst themselves about my lab partner.

“Bro, do you see how those jeans hug Sera’s ? Like damn…” the boy said while staring her down. His friend nodded and bit his lip. I furrowed my eyebrows and tucked the graduated cylinder under my arm. What the ? The kid’s friend groaned and leaned on a hand.

“Yo, her . Hmmm, pretty good size for an Asian. I just want to hold them for her and do to-.” I coughed and they looked up at me. A horrified looked appeared on both of their faces. I took the last thing we needed and walked off to the table. ing teenagers. Hoseok was right.

“Welcome back,” Jinju said sarcastically. I placed the supplies on the table and looked behind me. Those dudes are still staring… Jinju must have noticed it as well because when I looked back, she was giving a death glare to the boys. Sera, who was completely oblivious of the situation, started the lab with Iseul, who also didn’t know what was going on. I reached out for the flask without realizing that my lab partner was doing the same. Although our attention was elsewhere, we both quickly looked at the glass container when we felt something else there. I quickly drew my hand away.

“Sorry,” I apologized. Jinju smirked at Iseul who snickered in response. Sera looked at me with confusion apparent on her face.

“Why are you apologizing?” she asked. Is she not bothered that I invaded her personal space? That’s… strange. Females would have freaked out by now…right? Or am I just generalizing now…? I looked back down at my paper and began to answer any obvious questions. From the corner of my eye, I saw Sera shrug and give up on getting an answer from me. The rest of the lab ran through smoothly. There were no interruptions besides Jinju’s random screaming over how the classroom is going to explode every time we moved onto the next step.

“There’s about seven minutes left. Clean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter