Lab 4

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun beamed onto the back of my head. It’s hot… I looked down the road, looking for the two retards I call my friends. Did they sleep in? Well it is a Saturday… But we’ve made plans to this ice cream parlor like a week ago. They couldn’t have forgotten. I checked the time on my phone and pursed my lips. Any second now…

“And that’s how I almost burned my house down…” a familiar voice concluded. I looked up and see the two dorks. Hoseok waved at me. I shot him an unamused look.

“I waited for half an hour.” Hoseok rubbed the back of his head.

“Sorry, Namjoon had some…  difficulties with his microwave. Let’s say the fire department almost got involved,” he explained. I looked at Namjoon who was squinting at the menu on the wall. I rolled my eyes.

“You should treat me to a cone for being this late.” Hoseok sighed and nodded.

“Of course, you lazy .”

 

    Hoseok handed me my mint chocolate chip ice cream. Namjoon and him sat across the table from me with their ice creams in their hands. Hoseok’s eyes darted at me and then Namjoon nervously. Namjoon glanced up from his ice cream and at me.

“Sup?” I nodded my head.

“Sup,” Namjoon his ice cream. Hoseok held his temples. We redirected our attention towards the boy.

“What’s wrong? Brain freeze?” Namjoon asked. Hoseok sighed.

“You know, I thought you guys were still mad about last night. I guess I underestimated this weird friendship you guys have…” Namjoon and I looked at each other and shrugged. I my ice cream, enjoying the cold and creamy taste. My phone buzzed and flashed on. I looked down from the treat. There was a text message from Lab Partner.

‘Hey are you busy right now :)?’ Namjoon and Hoseok looked down at my phone. A giant smile grew on Namjoon’s face.

“Hey Jimin… you gonna answer her?” he said, unable to hide his excitement. I stared at the message with a blank look.

“Ice cream is more important right now,” I concluded and the slightly melted dessert. Namjoon frowned and slammed his free hand on the table, attracting a lot of attention from the people around us.

“Jimin, answer the girl.” Hoseok looked around frantically. He raised a finger to his lips.

“Guys, we’re in public. Please.”  I groaned and unlocked my phone.

‘No, wassup?’ I quickly replied before Namjoon could assault me. He seemed to have settled down slightly.

‘Wanna hang out with the others?’ I frowned and tried to type a reply. Namjoon slapped my hand away from the ‘N’ key. I glared at him.

“What the hell, man.”

“WE GET TO HANG OUT WITH SERA. PLEASE,” he pleaded. Hoseok sighed and continued to his ice cream. I gawked at him with an disinterested expression.

“Can your hormones chill for a day?” I snarkily asked. Namjoon gave me puppy dog eyes. He's seriously an overactive puppy. I sighed and shook my head.

“The things I do for you…” I said with defeat and typed away at my phone.

‘sure, where?’

‘Do you know The White Cafe?’

‘yea, meet u there’

‘okiii ^-^)/’ I glanced up at the blond who was basically vibrating in his seat from happiness.

“Happy?”

“Very.”

 

“Jimin!” my lab partner called. Namjoon jumped at the sound of her voice. Hoseok waved at the girl.

“Hi, Sera,” he greeted. Lab partner smiled and gave him a hug.

“Hi, Hobi!” Wait what. When did they get this close? Namjoon looked at both Hoseok and lab partner, equally as confused.

“The others are over there, follow me,” she said and walked over to a table surrounded by fake trees. There were four people sitting at the table. Lab partner's two female friends sat next to each other and her two male friends sat on the other side of them. Lab partner joined them at the head of the table and motioned towards the three empty seats.

“Sit.” Jinju looked up from her Belgian waffles and saluted me with her fork hanging out of . Iseul smiled at me before digging her fork into the strawberry shortcake. Sera gave her a worried look.

“Seul, shouldn't you be careful…?” she asked, voice full of caution. Iseul shrugged and ate another bite.

“Uh… why’s that?” Namjoon asked.

“Iseul is allergic to strawberries.” Then why is she eating it?

“I really like strawberries,” Iseul pouted and ate another forkful. Taehyung took a sip of his iced latte and gave his signature emoji smile. Yoongi looked lost in his own world with his Beats on and a cup of black coffee.

“What do you guys want? I haven't ordered yet, so let's order together,” she offered. I looked down at the menu that was taped onto the table. This place is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter