Lab 1

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I blew the eraser shavings off my notebook and swiped the page for extra measures. Mr. Kim continued to ramble on about the subject we were learning.

“To neutralize the equation, you would need to double replace the outer and inner formulas respectively and write the results on the product side of the arrow.” I sighed and continued to jot down notes from what he was saying. The teacher glanced up at the clock and pushed up his glasses.

“Alright, we have ten minutes left in class. I will now take this time to assign lab partners. These pairs will be permanent for the rest of the school year. You are NOT allowed to switch.” He opened his drawer and pulled out a jar with many pieces of paper in it. I rested my cheek on my hand and watched him boredly.

“Now the first pair…” I looked down at my notebook again, completely blocking out the names he was calling out. I picked up my pen and began to write out lyrics to a song that was stuck in my head.

 

Little do you know

I know you’re hurt while I’m sound asleep

Little do you know

All my mistakes are slowly drowning me

Little do you know

I’m trying to make it better piece by piece

Little do you know

I, I love you till the sun dies

 

“The last group will be Park Jimin and Seo Sera,” Mr. Kim said while placing the last two pieces of paper on the desk. I stopped scribbling in my notebook and looked up. Seo Sera? Who’s that? I felt someone standing over me. I peeked up at the girl who stood over my desk. The girl had brown mid back length hair and Korean bangs. She had a fair complexion- not too dark and not too light. A bright smile was etched onto her face.

“Hi! I’m Sera! It’s nice to meet you,” she said cheerfully. I blinked and stared at her dumbfounded. What the hell.

“Um… hi. I’m Jimin,” I said awkwardly. She pulled out a chair and sat down next to me.

“So I thought since we’ll be stuck with each other for the rest of the school year, we might as well get to know each other. So here I am!” she giggled. I nodded and closed my notebook. “So since we’re going to be partners, we might as well trade numbers. You know, to keep in contact!” she said while tearing a piece of paper out of her binder. She scribbled some digits onto the paper and handed it to me.

“Here, this is my number. Just text me and I’ll add you to my contacts,” she beamed. I looked at the paper and blinked. When I opened my mouth to speak, the bell rang, signalling the end of the period.

“Sera!” a voice chimed from outside the classroom. There was a group waiting for the girl in the hallway. I furrowed my eyebrows. What the actual hell? Sera smiled at them and waved. She turned back to me and gave me an apologetic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter