Lab 9

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sera! You're back!” Jinju exclaimed, practically leaping from her seat at the sight of her friend. Sera grinned and waved at the girl. Mr. Kim cleared his throat, getting our attention.

“Welcome back, Sera. I hope you're feeling better,” Mr. Kim said. She nodded her thanks. Sera walked over to her new seat next to me and sat down.

“Now,” Mr. Kim continued. “As you all know, midterms are in two weeks. You will all be taking it. No exceptions.” From the corner of my eye, I see the girl visibly stiffen. Did she not know? I nudged the girl who flinched back in surprise. She looked at me with an uneasy look at first before she flashed me a smile. She faced the board once again with signs of her uneasiness totally disappeared.

“You will have a lab due in two days. Please plan your time accordingly,” Mr. Kim stated and wrote the information on the blackboard. “This will be the second to last lab before the midterms.” Sera nudged my elbow and pointed at her phone on her lap.

“Let’s just text for this one,” she explained. The bell must have something against me because before I could say anything, it rang. Sera got up and quickly packed up her belongings. She rushed out of the room, not even waiting for her friends.

 

    I threw my bag off to the side of my bedroom and plopped down on my chair. I opened my laptop and got on Google Documents. A notification popped up for a shared document. Wow, Sera is quick. I accepted the invitation and immediately a message popped up in the corner.

‘hi :^)’

‘sup?’

‘instead of typing you wanna call instead?’ I stopped and thought about the situation. Do I want to talk to anyone right now? … Eh, why not?

‘sure’  

‘mkk you have skype?? :^o’

‘yea its jimjams’ I cringed at the username. Why do I leave these things to those idiots?

‘LOLOL okk, ill add you rn :^))’ The blip from Skype signalled a friend request. After accepting it, a call immediately went through. The girl sat at her laptop, hair up in a messy bun and a dazed look on her face.

“Hello?” I asked. She looked up at the screen.

“Oh! It connected,” she said. “Uh, let’s get started.” She began to type in the document. I watched the letters appear on the page.

“Uh, Sera… It’s Lab #7 not 5,” I corrected her.

“Oh, uh right.” She hit backspace and delete the number. As the lab continued, I corrected the spelling mistakes and grammatical issues in the document. After correcting the 56th comma error, I spoke up.

“Sera? Are you ok?” Sera stopped talking and looked at the call box.

“Huh? Yeah, of course. Why?” she asked while reac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter