Lab 5

We Have Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last period bell rang and the kids in the classroom quickly filed out of the room. I sat in my seat a little long to gather my belongings. There’s no where I need to be, might as well take my time… God, I sound pitiful. I zipped up my bag and left the classroom. As I walked down the halls, there were groups of boys and girls gathered, most likely talking about their day. I wonder what Namjoon and Hoseok are doing… They usually run off to go on an adventure. Usually terrorizing other kids… or the streets. I sighed and repositioned my bag. I'm stalling. I should get out. Fast. I bolted down the staircase and towards the the front door. As I was walking out of the school, I noticed two familiar people standing by the school fountain. They looked around as if they had an intent to kill. I laughed under my breath. I feel bad for the person that pissed those two off. One of them noticed me and shouted something to the other. They suddenly began to charge at me. What the-? I stopped walking and flinched back. As they got closer, I recognized their faces. I quickly pivoted and ran the other direction. WHAT DID I DO?

“PARK JIMIN. STOP RUNNING!” I heard Jinju yell.

“STOP CHASING ME!” I contorted. I glanced behind me to see Jinju a few feet behind me. How is she so fast? But where’s the other one? I turned around again, only to fall on my face. I heard a slight cackle and looked up. Iseul brought her leg back towards her and laughed harder. Did she just trip me?  I felt a foot on my back.

“Alright, peasant! We’ve finally caught you,” Jinju remarked. I groaned and shook her off me. Quickly, I stood up and dusted myself off. I crossed my arms, obviously ticked off.

“Yes?” I asked with malice in my voice. Jinju gave me a smug face and grabbed my sleeve. Iseul pushed me from behind.

“H-Hey! What are you-?” Jinju glared at me. I heard a chortle from behind me.

“Shut up before I cut your tongue out of your mouth,” Iseul said in a sickly sweet voice. I gulped and stopped talking.       

 

    After being dragged up three blocks, we entered a pizzeria and took a seat at one of the booths. I placed my bag next to me and watched as Jinju walked over with a menu in her hand. She sat down next to Iseul, completely engrossed in the items on the menu. Iseul looked over her shoulder and grimaced.

“Ew, vegetables,” she whined. I rolled my eyes.

“Why are we here? I kinda wanna go home,” I muttered. Jinju shot me a dirty look and placed a finger against her lips.

“No talking. We’re doing something important right now,” she warned. “Now, meat or more meat?” Iseul pointed at an item.

“Pineapples?” Jinju nodded and waved over a waitress. After placing the order, their attention was redirected towards me.

“We need to talk,” Jinju started.

“Did I do something wrong?” Iseul shook her head.

“More like something right,” the girl replied.

“Huh?”

“It’s Sera,” Iseul said while pulling out a water bottle.

“Sera?” Iseul nodded before drinking from the bottle.

“Yep, I see that you and her are quite close. I’m so happy,” Jinju said while acting like a proud mother. I pursed my lips.

“But um... we’re only lab partners?” Jinju slapped her hand on the table which caused Iseul to spill her water. She vacantly stared at the wet spot on her shirt. Jinju gasped and quickly grabbed some napkins.

“I’m sorry, smols,” she apologized. Iseul dabbed at the water stain gave her a thumbs up.

“Anyways,” Jinju cleared . “I’m so proud that you know how to treat a girl right. So I approve of this relationship.”

“Wait what?”

“At first, I didn’t like you because you looked like a boy. I have enough of those around us, no need for more. But after hanging out with you, you’re a really chill guy. Therefore, I approve.” Iseul looked up from wiping herself off.

“I shipped you guys since Day 1. There was potential,” she grinned. The waitress came back with the pizza pies and the two girls began to stuff their faces.

“I am so confused.” Jinju groaned.

“Are you really that oblivious?” she asked. I nodded.

“You guys would make a great couple,” Iseul said extremely giddy. I snorted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter